I need to ride!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zilla, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    It's been raining, sleeting, snowing here and I haven't ridden in 4 weeks because of it. The indoor
    treadmill isn't quite the same.

    Aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    Tags:

  2. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It's been raining, sleeting, snowing here and I haven't ridden in 4 weeks because of it. The
    > indoor treadmill isn't quite the same.
    >
    > Aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Better than having good weather and not being able to ride coz you've just broken your
    collarbone!! :(

    sad hippy

  3. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It's been raining, sleeting, snowing here and I haven't ridden in 4 weeks because of it. The
    > indoor treadmill isn't quite the same.
    >
    > Aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > --
    > - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    I know how you feel. I don't think I've ridden on dirt since December or early January. Last winter
    was great, I remember getting in many rides.. I think I've gotten in less than ten rides since
    Daylight savings this year.

    Even started running just to do something...anything.

    Chris

    and 3 to 6 more inches are on the way...

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Zilla wrote:
    > It's been raining, sleeting, snowing here and I haven't ridden in 4 weeks because of it. The
    > indoor treadmill isn't quite the same.
    >
    > Aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I prefer a spin class - watch a PF video, clip in and visualize I'm somewhere else, visulaize the
    folks I plan on keeping up with this summer. At least it feels like riding.

    penny

  5. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > Zilla wrote:
    > > It's been raining, sleeting, snowing here and I haven't ridden in 4 weeks because of it. The
    > > indoor treadmill isn't quite the same.
    > >
    > > Aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > I prefer a spin class - watch a PF video, clip in and visualize I'm somewhere else, visulaize the
    > folks I plan on keeping up with this summer. At least it feels like riding.
    >
    > penny

    I just go and ski powder all day. Much more gratifying, IMO!

    Matt (local mountains have gotten 40" or so this week)

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    MattB wrote:
    >> Zilla wrote:
    >>> It's been raining, sleeting, snowing here and I haven't ridden in 4 weeks because of it. The
    >>> indoor treadmill isn't quite the same.
    >>>
    >>> Aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>
    >> I prefer a spin class - watch a PF video, clip in and visualize I'm somewhere else, visulaize the
    >> folks I plan on keeping up with this summer. At least it feels like riding.
    >>
    >> penny
    >>

    > I just go and ski powder all day. Much more gratifying, IMO!
    >
    > Matt (local mountains have gotten 40" or so this week)

    oh, shutup. I'd do that too except that we are having the suckiest season in history. I"m getting
    really good at race turns on packed powder.

    penny

  7. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > MattB wrote:
    > >
    > > I just go and ski powder all day. Much more gratifying, IMO!
    > >
    > > Matt (local mountains have gotten 40" or so this week)
    >
    > oh, shutup. I'd do that too except that we are having the suckiest season
    in
    > history. I"m getting really good at race turns on packed powder.

    Sounds like you'll be ready for some east coast skiing. ;^)

    Mike - Going to SLC next friday.

  8. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Skiing is another hobby. Unlike some of you folks, nearest slopes are 4 hours away from me...

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Zilla wrote:
    > > > It's been raining, sleeting, snowing here and I haven't ridden in 4 weeks because of it. The
    > > > indoor treadmill isn't quite the same.
    > > >
    > > > Aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > >
    > > I prefer a spin class - watch a PF video, clip in and visualize I'm somewhere else, visulaize
    > > the folks I plan on keeping up with this summer. At least it feels like riding.
    > >
    > > penny
    > >

    > I just go and ski powder all day. Much more gratifying, IMO!
    >
    > Matt (local mountains have gotten 40" or so this week)

  9. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... <snip>

    > > I just go and ski powder all day. Much more gratifying, IMO!
    > >
    > > Matt (local mountains have gotten 40" or so this week)
    >
    > oh, shutup. I'd do that too except that we are having the suckiest season
    in
    > history. I"m getting really good at race turns on packed powder.
    >
    > penny

    Sorry. It's just been so nice here lately. Remember when you had epic skiing and I had crap last
    year? Well I do! Had my last turns for a little while yesterday. We're inducing labor tomorrow
    morning, so I'll be off work for a while but probably not skiing or riding much for a bit.

    Matt

  10. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > > >
    > > > I just go and ski powder all day. Much more gratifying, IMO!
    > > >
    > > > Matt (local mountains have gotten 40" or so this week)
    > >
    > > oh, shutup. I'd do that too except that we are having the suckiest season
    > in
    > > history. I"m getting really good at race turns on packed powder.
    > >
    > > penny
    > >

    > Sorry. It's just been so nice here lately. Remember when you had epic skiing and I had crap last
    > year? Well I do! Had my last turns for a little while yesterday. We're inducing labor tomorrow
    > morning, so I'll be off work for a while but probably not skiing or riding much for a bit.

    Coolness. I'll be thinkin' about you two (three) while catching a ride in Mohab.

    JD

  11. "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > > >
    > > > I just go and ski powder all day. Much more gratifying, IMO!
    > > >
    > > > Matt (local mountains have gotten 40" or so this week)
    > >
    > > oh, shutup. I'd do that too except that we are having the suckiest
    season
    > in
    > > history. I"m getting really good at race turns on packed powder.
    > >
    > > penny
    > >

    > Sorry. It's just been so nice here lately. Remember when you had epic
    skiing
    > and I had crap last year? Well I do! Had my last turns for a little while yesterday. We're
    > inducing labor tomorrow morning, so I'll be off work for
    > while but probably not skiing or riding much for a bit.
    >
    > Matt

    Good luck to you and the Mrs. Matt. And I've been skiing soooo much powder down here as well. Yeah!
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado