I never thought............... kind of long

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Anglea Woollcom, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. You know I never thought that it would be so hard to give up something that I liked. It's not that I
    even really , really liked them or it but you know as a child or even as an adult it was something
    that we just had to have because it was the only thing that we knew at the time as being good. When
    I first started dieting. I made allot of changes, something I stuck to as I went on threw my
    journey. But other I went right back to. And now as I recommit myself to this new way of eating and
    new life style. I am starting the cycle all over again. But this time I'm not going to go back to
    eating the chips or the chocolate. I'm not going to eat donuts or muffins. Muffins unless they are
    low in fat. I am doing this the right way because I don't like how my old way of eating made me
    feel. I felt tired and not wanting to go anywhere or to do much. I'm getting better with that
    though. I know that it takes time to lose whatever we have put on. That I am also learning. I need
    to stay focused on what I have to do is right for me. I'm taking time to make sure that I am healthy
    and happy. All though not always happy, but that will come with time. Just like everything else. I
    am tired of living as someone that I am not happy being. Meaning that I don't like how my body looks
    , it's not perfect to me. I also know that nobody is perfect. But what's the hurt in at least trying
    to look the way that we feel comfortably looking and if the way that we look in the end is our
    perfect self the so be it. The changes that we make now, reflect the type of person that we will
    become. Also it will determine weather or not if we live a long and happy healthy life or not. I
    made a vow to myself one that I have made several times and have broken several times. But not this
    time. I will make it to my goal weight. I will exercise at least 4 - 5 times a week if and when I
    can. I will eat my veggies like a good girl and drink lots and lots of WATER!!!!!!! Never to skip a
    meal . This is a deal that I can handle I think? It will take sometime to get used to the change.
    But I can handle it. I'm up for the challenge............

    sorry this is so long

    Angie

    Tags:

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    Sounds like a good plan to me Angie. Lets walk along together.

    --
    Richard Since 1938 JLFAMXUIRWQA(at)spammotel(dot)com
    250/244/225 (first goal)

  3. Lynne

    Lynne Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:20:39 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    Good for you Angie. Sounds like you've got your head screwed on right.

    Lynne

    > You know I never thought that it would be so hard to give up something that I liked. It's not that
    > I even really , really liked them or it but you know as a child or even as an adult it was
    > something that we just had to have because it was the only thing that we knew at the time as being
    > good. When I first started dieting. I made allot of changes, something I stuck to as I went on
    > threw my journey. But other I went right back to. And now as I recommit myself to this new way of
    > eating and new life style. I am starting the cycle all over again. But this time I'm not going to
    > unless they are low in fat. I am doing this the right way because I don't like how my old way of
    > eating made me feel. I felt tired and not wanting to go anywhere or to do much. I'm getting better
    > with that though. I know that it takes time to lose whatever we have put on. That I am also
    > learning. I need to stay focused on what I have to do is right for me. I'm taking time to make
    > sure that I am healthy and happy. All though not always happy, but that will come with time. Just
    > like everything else. I am tired of living as someone that I am not happy being. Meaning that I
    > don't like how my body looks , it's not perfect to me. I also know that nobody is perfect. But
    > what's the hurt in at least trying to look the way that we feel comfortably looking and if the way
    > that we look in the end is our perfect self the so be it. The changes that we make now, reflect
    > the type of person that we will become. Also it will determine weather or not if we live a long
    > and happy healthy life or not. I made a vow to myself one that I have made several times and have
    > broken several times. But not this time. I will make it to my goal weight. I will exercise at
    > least 4 - 5 times a week if and when I can. I will eat my veggies like a good girl and drink lots
    > and lots of WATER!!!!!!! Never to skip a meal . This is a deal that I can handle I think? It will
    > take sometime to get used to the change. But I can handle it. I'm up for the challenge............
    >
    >sorry this is so long
    >
    >Angie

  4. nice post. One of my main rules is that I do nothing during the losing part
    I am unwilling to continue to do forever. It seems to me that the habits
    part is twofold. Many people cut out things during losing that they
    reintroduce during maintenance. They also stop things like water and
    exercising when they are done losing. I figured out that if I only did
    things during losing that I could commit to doing from now on that I would
    be fighting less during maintain. Good luck to you, Lee
    Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You know I never thought that it would be so hard to give up something
    that
    > I liked. It's not that I even really , really liked them or it but you
    know
    > as a child or even as an adult it was something that we just had to have because it was the
    > only thing that we knew at the time as being good. When I first started dieting. I made allot
    > of changes, something I stuck to as I went on threw my journey. But other I went right back
    > to. And now
    as
    > I recommit myself to this new way of eating and new life style. I am starting the cycle all over
    > again. But this time I'm not going to go back to eating the chips or the chocolate. I'm not going
    > to eat donuts or muffins. Muffins unless they are low in fat. I am doing this the right way
    > because I don't like how my old way of eating made me feel. I felt tired and not wanting to go
    > anywhere or to do much. I'm getting better with that though. I know that it takes time to lose
    > whatever we
    have
    > put on. That I am also learning. I need to stay focused on what I have to
    do
    > is right for me. I'm taking time to make sure that I am healthy and happy. All though not always
    > happy, but that will come with time. Just like everything else. I am tired of living as someone
    > that I am not happy
    being.
    > Meaning that I don't like how my body looks , it's not perfect to me. I
    also
    > know that nobody is perfect. But what's the hurt in at least trying to
    look
    > the way that we feel comfortably looking and if the way that we look in
    the
    > end is our perfect self the so be it. The changes that we make now, reflect the type of person
    > that we will become. Also it will determine weather or not if we live a long and happy healthy
    > life or not. I made a vow to myself one that I have made several times and have broken several
    > times. But not this time. I will make it to my goal weight. I will exercise at least 4 - 5 times
    > week if and when I can. I will eat my veggies like a good girl and drink lots and lots of
    > WATER!!!!!!! Never to skip a meal . This is a deal that
    > can handle I think? It will take sometime to get used to the change. But I can handle it. I'm up
    > for the challenge............
    >
    > sorry this is so long
    >
    > Angie

  5. started a new job today, still working at tims but this one is during the day. and in a cafe in our
    canada post building. they have all healthy foods there no donuts. they do have a few dessert things
    but i'm not going to be tempted by them. we get free meals there as well. they also have salads that
    are home made and you can get homemade sandwiches or pre made ones. and am thankful they have veggie
    and vegetarian sandwiches there as well.

    going to keep up with not having any donuts and muffins at tims. the good thing about my new job is
    that i start at 10. i have a space between jobs that i can go home and still be able to do my work
    out and then go catch the bus and off to my other job. so i'm not worried about not staying with my
    exercise routine or the program.

    angie "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > Sounds like a good plan to me Angie. Lets walk along together.
    >
    > --
    > Richard Since 1938 JLFAMXUIRWQA(at)spammotel(dot)com
    > 250/244/225 (first goal)

  6. still doing good. still got alot of work to do. went and bought some dress pants today for my new
    job and i bought a pair of size 10 petiets. i tried on size 12 and 14's but swam in them. Also tried
    on a size 8 it fit but it was a little snug so i will wait till i lose more weight to buy them

    angie

    hope everyone has a good weekend. this is my last weekend to work over nights then it's on to
    evenings and days. so far this week i have exercised three days will try and work out tomorrow and
    sat morning. for a total of 5 days

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
> [...]
    > > tired of living as someone that I am not happy
    > being.
    > > Meaning that I don't like how my body looks , it's not perfect to me. I
    > also
    > > know that nobody is perfect. But what's the hurt in at least trying to
    > look
    > > the way that we feel comfortably looking and if the way that we look in
    > the
    > > end is our perfect self the so be it. The changes that we make now, reflect the type of person
    > > that we will become. Also it will determine weather or not if we live a long and
    happy
    > > healthy life or not. I made a vow to myself one that I have made
    several
    > > times and have broken several times. But not this time. I will make it to my goal weight. I will
    times
    > > week if and when I can. I will eat my veggies like a good girl and drink lots and lots of
    > > WATER!!!!!!! Never to skip a meal . This is a deal
    that
    > > can handle I think? It will take sometime to get used to the change. But
    > > can handle it. I'm up for the challenge............
    > >
    > > sorry this is so long
    > >
    > > Angie

  7. Switching to days will probably make staying on program much easier for you. Congratulations!

    Prairie Roots On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:26:54 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >started a new job today, still working at tims but this one is during the day. and in a cafe in our
    >canada post building. they have all healthy foods there no donuts. they do have a few dessert
    >things but i'm not going to be tempted by them. we get free meals there as well. they also have
    >salads that are home made and you can get homemade sandwiches or pre made ones. and am thankful
    >they have veggie and vegetarian sandwiches there as well.
    >
    >going to keep up with not having any donuts and muffins at tims. the good thing about my new job is
    >that i start at 10. i have a space between jobs that i can go home and still be able to do my work
    >out and then go catch the bus and off to my other job. so i'm not worried about not staying with my
    >exercise routine or the program.
    >
    >angie "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> Sounds like a good plan to me Angie. Lets walk along together.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Richard Since 1938 JLFAMXUIRWQA(at)spammotel(dot)com
    >> 250/244/225 (first goal)

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Angie:

    It sounds easier to stay on plan with your new job. ;-) Congrats on getting a new job.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205/155 RAFL 210.5/205/198.5

  9. wonderful news, Lee
    Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > started a new job today, still working at tims but this one is during the day. and in a cafe in
    > our canada post building. they have all healthy
    foods
    > there no donuts. they do have a few dessert things but i'm not going to be tempted by them. we get
    > free meals there as well. they also have salads
    that
    > are home made and you can get homemade sandwiches or pre made ones. and
    am
    > thankful they have veggie and vegetarian sandwiches there as well.
    >
    > going to keep up with not having any donuts and muffins at tims. the good thing about my new job
    > is that i start at 10. i have a space between jobs that i can go home and still be able to do my
    > work out and
    then
    > go catch the bus and off to my other job. so i'm not worried about not staying with my exercise
    > routine or the program.
    >
    > angie "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > news:[email protected]:
    > >
    > > Sounds like a good plan to me Angie. Lets walk along together.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Richard Since 1938 JLFAMXUIRWQA(at)spammotel(dot)com
    > > 250/244/225 (first goal)

  10. Connie

    Connie Guest

    That is wonderful, Angela!! Clothes NSVs are great!! Good luck on your remaining nights.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204/155 RAFL 210.5/204/198.5

  11. another upbeat post filled with a bunch of good stuff, Lee
> [...]
    > > > that we
    will
    > > > become. Also it will determine weather or not if we live a long and
    > happy
    > > > healthy life or not. I made a vow to myself one that I have made
    > several
    > > > times and have broken several times. But not this time. I will make it to my goal weight. I
    > > > will exercise at least 4 - 5
    > times
    > > > week if and when I can. I will eat my veggies like a good girl and
    drink
    > > > lots and lots of WATER!!!!!!! Never to skip a meal . This is a deal
    > that
    > > > can handle I think? It will take sometime to get used to the change.
    But
    > > > can handle it. I'm up for the challenge............

  12. i'm not leaving my old job i am working both.i'm am doing much better with my night job and the
    night time eating. going into week #2 without any donuts and had night # two with no muffins.

    Angie "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Switching to days will probably make staying on program much easier for you. Congratulations!
    >
    > Prairie Roots On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:26:54 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >started a new job today, still working at tims but this one is during the day. and in a cafe in
    > >our canada post building. they have all healthy
    foods
    > >there no donuts. they do have a few dessert things but i'm not going to
    be
    > >tempted by them. we get free meals there as well. they also have salads
    that
    > >are home made and you can get homemade sandwiches or pre made ones. and
    am
    > >thankful they have veggie and vegetarian sandwiches there as well.
    > >
    > >going to keep up with not having any donuts and muffins at tims. the good thing about my new job
    > >is that i start at 10. i have a space between jobs that i can go home and still be able to do my
    > >work out and
    then
    > >go catch the bus and off to my other job. so i'm not worried about not staying with my exercise
    > >routine or the program.
    > >
    > >angie "Richard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >> news:[email protected]:
    > >>
    > >> Sounds like a good plan to me Angie. Lets walk along together.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Richard Since 1938 JLFAMXUIRWQA(at)spammotel(dot)com
    > >> 250/244/225 (first goal)

  13. thank you i work tomorrow night and sat night and will be good both nights.
    thanks for ur support guys it has helped alot.
    angie
    news:[email protected]_primus.ca...