I offended another cyclist yesterday! :-(

Some people can't take a joke. Honestly it's not as if you didn't say something that might not be true. lol
Well come to think of it if he got so defensive it's probably because it is true.

We were stopped at Edna Park when some dude rolled up on a bike wearing a Hearst Castle Bike ride jersey. Nice colors so Gina noticed it and pointed it out. He was so happy being the spotlight of the show. :cool:

He went on to tell us how his company sponsored like 10 people to do the ride. It's a fun raising ride, $50 or so to register but need to raise $1500 minimum donation per rider.

He said the company he worked for paid for 10 admissions and put up the $1500 for each rider as well. He went on and on about how his company did this and that for them blah blah blah! He seemed really proud of his company. Turns out he worked for ARCO.

So I was just kidding and said,"yeah I noticed right around that time the price of gas shot up, probably to pay for your fees!".
icon_biggrin.gif

He got really defensive and started going on how ARCO gas was cheaper than everybody else.

Hey I was only joking man!
icon_biggrin.gif
Gina said I was mean! :p

Some people can't take a joke. I've learned that people will get all mad and bent out of shape for the smallest things. I'm sure he felt silly later for being all grouchy. Oh well. I've learned that people that advertise money in multiple parts of a conversation take life too seriously because they're busy bragging, so they get offended easily. I have friends this way and we just avoid money talk at all times.

Some drivers are a-holes . A guy was yelling at me this morning" get outta my way or I will run you down". I looked back and explained, dude I am on a stationary trainer and this is my basement.

Haha this is awesome. :)

You sometimes have to becareful what to so around these types of guys. They take pride in their work and sometimes they may have such a connection that they fight to protect about anything.

What a braggart LOL. Seems that you pulled the right triggers there Haha. Certainly gina was right, you were mean. But well, It can't be helped, It's just not very doable to trying not to ******** people sometimes in a lifetime.

Some drivers are a-holes . A guy was yelling at me this morning" get outta my way or I will run you down". I looked back and explained, dude I am on a stationary trainer and this is my basement.
I agree to some extent. One thing that I have been seeing lately that just knocks me over is that MOST drivers for reasons unknown seem to be become polite around cyclists. Oh you still have the horses rump women drivers that stare at you in order to miss you meaning that they come VERY close but that's not on purpose - just outright ignorance. And you have the occasional A-hole who believes he owns the road and takes a close pass at you at high speed. But more and more drivers are giving you space and passing at a reasonable speed. What's up?

The Two reasons I can see are that more drivers are becoming cyclists themselves, and some cities are passing laws mandating that you give a certain number of feet as a buffer when you pass a cyclist. As for the other kind of drivers...

Sadly, a-holes will always exist. Otherwise proctologists would have nothing to do all day!