I officially declare rbr dead.

Crescentius Vespasianus

Guest
What killed rbr, was it the doping of
the peloton, or a Lanceless peloton, or
something else? I can't speak for
others, but I can tell you why I have
absolutely NO interest in pro-cycling.
It got boring, for one. The stupid
European crowds, with their cow bells,
and their stupid behavior, made me put
it on mute. If I see another castle
during a pro-race, I'll puke. Landis,
he won, and then he didn't win, for
doing something we all know they all do.
The fact that these are not athletes,
but chemical experiments. And guess
what, I'm back watching College and NFL
football. Sure it moves slow, and it's
pretty predictable, as I watched so many
games as a kid, there isn't anything I
haven't seen before. But it's relaxing,
you can do something like work on your
bike, and not miss much. It's low
intensity, with a few amusing moments.
And the participants are likable,
something that is really lacking in the
peloton.

"Crescentius Vespasianus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What killed rbr...

I regret to inform you that you are not authorized to declare rbr dead.

--
JF, rbr customs

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always
cool and unruffled under all circumstances. "
- Thomas Jefferson

Crescentius Vespasianus a écrit profondement:

| What killed rbr, was it the doping of the peloton, or a Lanceless
| peloton, or something else? I can't speak for others, but I can tell
| you why I have absolutely NO interest in pro-cycling. It got boring,
| for one. The stupid European crowds, with their cow bells, and their
| stupid behavior, made me put it on mute.

YankeeDoodalism b0rked Cycling

--
Davey Crockett
-

Crescentius Vespasianus pretended :
> What killed rbr, was it the doping of the peloton, or a Lanceless peloton, or
> something else? I can't speak for others, but I can tell you why I have
> absolutely NO interest in pro-cycling. It got boring, for one. The stupid
> European crowds, with their cow bells, and their stupid behavior, made me put
> it on mute. If I see another castle during a pro-race, I'll puke. Landis,
> he won, and then he didn't win, for doing something we all know they all do.
> The fact that these are not athletes, but chemical experiments. And guess
> what, I'm back watching College and NFL football. Sure it moves slow, and
> it's pretty predictable, as I watched so many games as a kid, there isn't
> anything I haven't seen before. But it's relaxing, you can do something like
> work on your bike, and not miss much. It's low intensity, with a few amusing
> moments. And the participants are likable, something that is really lacking
> in the peloton.

Ashamed you have no castles in the States?

I puke on anabolically misformed football players and the 'relaxed'
audience stuffed with the golden arch products, well compensated by
diet coke.

Do you miss much when you don't watch football?

Get a life

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
> What killed rbr,

If rbr is dead then you are a necrophiliac.

[email protected] wrote:
>> The stupid European crowds, with their cow bells,
>> and their stupid behavior, made me put
>> it on mute. If I see another castle
>> during a pro-race, I'll puke.

> you're basing your conclusion on what you see on TV?
>
> you might try going to a race in person

----------------
What, and see the peloton for a total of
1 minute, no thanks. I use to enter
races, just so I could see them, no
better seat in the house. The whole
biz, has jumped the shark for me. I
still ride quite a bit, but now solo, so
I can finally enjoy what a bike can do
for the soul, and not the Frankenstein
thing that races turn it into.

Martin Borsje wrote:
> Crescentius Vespasianus pretended :
>> What killed rbr, was it the doping of the peloton, or a Lanceless
>> peloton, or something else? I can't speak for others, but I can tell
>> you why I have absolutely NO interest in pro-cycling. It got boring,
>> for one. The stupid European crowds, with their cow bells, and their
>> stupid behavior, made me put it on mute. If I see another castle
>> during a pro-race, I'll puke. Landis, he won, and then he didn't win,
>> for doing something we all know they all do. The fact that these are
>> not athletes, but chemical experiments. And guess what, I'm back
>> watching College and NFL football. Sure it moves slow, and it's
>> pretty predictable, as I watched so many games as a kid, there isn't
>> anything I haven't seen before. But it's relaxing, you can do
>> something like work on your bike, and not miss much. It's low
>> intensity, with a few amusing moments. And the participants are
>> likable, something that is really lacking in the peloton.

> Ashamed you have no castles in the States?
>
> I puke on anabolically misformed football players and the 'relaxed'
> audience stuffed with the golden arch products, well compensated by diet
> coke.
>
> Do you miss much when you don't watch football?
>
> Get a life
> ------------------

Had some relatives go to Europe, and
they told me they really got tired of
being shuttled to yet another castle.
They said if you've seen one, you've
seen them all. They kind of wondered if
people in Europe do anything else, but
visit castles.

The TV shots of the NFL crowds are
amusing, I agree with you. The way they
look, the fanaticism for something that
is just a backdrop for beer commercials
is so American. But it's familiar, and
comforting, that there are people out
there that don't count calories, that
don't do intervals, and don't give a
sh*t about their resting heart beat rate.

>> Had some relatives go to Europe, and they told me they really got
>> tired of being shuttled to yet another castle. They said if you've
>> seen one, you've seen them all. They kind of wondered if people in
>> Europe do anything else, but visit castles.
>>
>> The TV shots of the NFL crowds are amusing, I agree with you. The way
>> they look, the fanaticism for something that is just a backdrop for
>> beer commercials is so American. But it's familiar, and comforting,
>> that there are people out there that don't count calories, that don't
>> do intervals, and don't give a sh*t about their resting heart beat rate.

> I don't agree it's comfortable that you live in a land where people are
> so obesit, that they have to be transported out of there houses by a
> crane. One of the reasons for the high healthcare costs in more and more
> countries with the states as bleading edge.
>
> A land where people only bike for recreational pleasure or sports and
> not 'just' to carry yourself in a silent, safe, healthy and not
> polluting way from A to B.
>
> When you go the the baseball field for saturday trainings by bike,
> people ask you if your car is broken....
>

> And, there's more than castles in Europe ;-)

------------
Like what? The people that I know that
went over there, thought it was stupid,
and much smaller than they thought it
would be. And I think you assume I live
in the USA. I'm actually an American
that now lives in Mexico. I actually
spend more time in a kayak, than on bike
now. I watch all the NFL football, and
the US sports via my satellite dish,
that sits outside my trailer on the
beach. Much rather be sitting on a warm
beach, sitting under a palapa, then
sitting in a cold castle in Europe. And
besides, I've heard from people who have
been in Europe recently, that people are
giving up their bikes there, in favor of
scooters and cars. It seem that
laziness, isn't just an American virtue
anymore.

> The stupid European crowds, with their cow bells,
> and their stupid behavior, made me put
> it on mute. If I see another castle
> during a pro-race, I'll puke.

you're basing your conclusion on what you see on TV?

you might try going to a race in person

Crescentius Vespasianus used his keyboard to write :
> [...]

>> When you go the the baseball field for saturday trainings by bike,
>> people ask you if your car is broken....
>>

>> And, there's more than castles in Europe ;-)

> ------------
> Like what? The people that I know that went over there, thought it
> was stupid, and much smaller than they thought it would be. And I
> think you assume I live in the USA. I'm actually an American that now
> lives in Mexico. I actually spend more time in a kayak, than on bike
> now. I watch all the NFL football, and the US sports via my satellite
> dish, that sits outside my trailer on the beach. Much rather be
> sitting on a warm beach, sitting under a palapa, then sitting in a
> cold castle in Europe. And besides, I've heard from people who have
> been in Europe recently, that people are giving up their bikes there,
> in favor of scooters and cars. It seem that laziness, isn't just an

My goodness, such a reliable source of information. A world view based
on the peceptions of a few American tourists. If it works for you, and
it seems as though it does, go for it.

Phil H

And, there's more than castles in Europe ;-)

...I couldn't agree more! Example, American blood comes to mind... :-(

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

And besides, I've heard from people
who have
>> been in Europe recently, that people are giving up their bikes there,
>> in favor of scooters and cars. It seem that laziness, isn't just an
>> American virtue anymore.

> My goodness, such a reliable source of information. A world view based
> on the peceptions of a few American tourists. If it works for you, and
> it seems as though it does, go for it.
>
> Phil H

------------
The people in Europe know the score.
Bikes are old fashion, they mean you're
poor. The Americanization of Europe is
constant, for the good and the bad.
Expect to see the same type of
lard-asses you see at NFL games, sitting
at European soccer games within a decade.

[email protected] was thinking very hard :
> On Dec 8, 9:15 am, Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Crescentius Vespasianus pretended :
>>
>>> What killed rbr, was it the doping of the peloton, or a Lanceless peloton,
>>> or something else? I can't speak for others, but I can tell you why I have
>>> absolutely NO interest in pro-cycling. It got boring, for one. The stupid
>>> European crowds, with their cow bells, and their stupid behavior, made me
>>> put it on mute. If I see another castle during a pro-race, I'll puke.
>>> Landis, he won, and then he didn't win, for doing something we all know
>>> they all do. The fact that these are not athletes, but chemical
>>> experiments. And guess what, I'm back watching College and NFL football.
>>> Sure it moves slow, and it's pretty predictable, as I watched so many games
>>> as a kid, there isn't anything I haven't seen before. But it's relaxing,
>>> you can do something like work on your bike, and not miss much. It's low
>>> intensity, with a few amusing moments. And the participants are likable,
>>> something that is really lacking in the peloton.

>> Ashamed you have no castles in the States?

> Does White Castle count?
>

>> I puke on anabolically misformed football players and the 'relaxed'
>> audience stuffed with the golden arch products, well compensated by
>> diet coke.

> European football (soccer) fans are hardly a model of decent behavior.
> American football is rough on the field, but the cops don't need to
> fire tear-gas into the crowds. European football is pathetic with
> players throwing themselves on the ground pretending they go thurt
> every 2 minutes, while in the stands rival fans are stomped to death.
>
> Give me apathetic fat guys any day.

Who said I liked European soccer?

I hate that, especially the behaviour of the 'fans', the mega-salaries
of these youngsters. For the pretending behaviour of these guys is a
well known word; in the Netherlands where I live we is is called
"Schwalbe", which is the German word voor the bird swallow.

Martin

On Dec 8, 6:50 pm, Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] was thinking very hard :
>
> > On Dec 8, 9:15 am, Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Crescentius Vespasianus pretended :

> >> Ashamed you have no castles in the States?

> > Does White Castle count?

> >> I puke on anabolically misformed football players and the 'relaxed'
> >> audience stuffed with the golden arch products, well compensated by
> >> diet coke.

> > European football (soccer) fans are hardly a model of decent behavior.
> > American football is rough on the field, but the cops don't need to
> > fire tear-gas into the crowds. European football is pathetic with
> > players throwing themselves on the ground pretending they go thurt
> > every 2 minutes, while in the stands rival fans are stomped to death.

> > Give me apathetic fat guys any day.

> Who said I liked European soccer?

Nobody. I was just pointing out that Americans don't hold a monopoly
on being retarded.

> I hate that, especially the behaviour of the 'fans', the mega-salaries
> of these youngsters. For the pretending behaviour of these guys is a
> well known word; in the Netherlands where I live we is is called
> "Schwalbe", which is the German word voor the bird swallow.

In Norwegian it's called "filming" like film for movies. It's that
faker attitude and the idea that the only thing that matters is what
the referees call is what makes me dislike football. I prefer hockey
where rough is the name of the game, and faking plays no part. But of
course I like pro bike racing complete with cow-bells better! ;-)

Joseph

The only Americans who move to Europe are
> Andy Hampsten
> Magilla

-------------
Andy has been squeezing every last drop
out of that Gavia ride. Sure it was a
historic ride, but Andy should have
moved on from that. To re-live that
daily, as he tells the passo de gavia
story yet again to another unsuspecting
Italian borders on madness. Move on
Andy, before they put you in an Italian
rubber room.

"Crescentius Vespasianus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> The people in Europe know the score.

I've noticed that. Why all of the Europeans I've met have been trying to
move to the USA, Canada or Australia. I'm thinking that's because they know
the score.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> "Crescentius Vespasianus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>> The people in Europe know the score.

> I've noticed that. Why all of the Europeans I've met have been trying to
> move to the USA, Canada or Australia. I'm thinking that's because they
> know the score.

Koonich is right on this one. The only Americans who move to Europe are
Andy Hampsten and those who want to escape the OOC testers from USADA.
I heard they live in Girona, Spain.

Magilla

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:

> [Pick, pick, pick]

Retard,

You and Magilla don't get it. A truly elegant troll doesn't
require constant reinforcement to keep it going.

For example:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/9717b4abd577f178

Three words, 431 responses.

What you guys serve up is the troll equivalent of a White
Castle hamburger, something that you can only consume if
you don't think about it too much.

Please try and keep up,

Bob Schwartz