I officially declare rbr dead.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> What you guys serve up is the troll equivalent of a White Castle
> hamburger, something that you can only consume if you don't think about it
> too much.

Its not surprising then that they seem to suffer from
verbal diarrhea.

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:

> The only Americans who move to Europe are
>
>> Andy Hampsten Magilla

> -------------
> Andy has been squeezing every last drop out of that Gavia ride. Sure it
> was a historic ride, but Andy should have moved on from that. To
> re-live that daily, as he tells the passo de gavia story yet again to
> another unsuspecting Italian borders on madness. Move on Andy, before
> they put you in an Italian rubber room.

You just KNOW that on Thanksgiving, insteasd of making a volcano,
Hampsten molds his mashed potatoes into the Gavia Pass and then he pours
gravy on it to simulate the blizzard like condition he endured on his
way to the Maglia Rosa.

Hampsten's wife has had it. I heard she's been shopping for some
arsenic and getting the life insurance policies in order.

Magilla

Martin Borsje wrote:
> Crescentius Vespasianus pretended :
>> What killed rbr, was it the doping of the peloton, or a Lanceless
>> peloton, or something else? I can't speak for others, but I can tell
>> you why I have absolutely NO interest in pro-cycling. It got boring,
>> for one. The stupid European crowds, with their cow bells, and their
>> stupid behavior, made me put it on mute. If I see another castle
>> during a pro-race, I'll puke. Landis, he won, and then he didn't win,
>> for doing something we all know they all do. The fact that these are
>> not athletes, but chemical experiments. And guess what, I'm back
>> watching College and NFL football. Sure it moves slow, and it's
>> pretty predictable, as I watched so many games as a kid, there isn't
>> anything I haven't seen before. But it's relaxing, you can do
>> something like work on your bike, and not miss much. It's low
>> intensity, with a few amusing moments. And the participants are
>> likable, something that is really lacking in the peloton.

> Ashamed you have no castles in the States?

http://www.1tree.net/adventure/places/fl/disney_seaworld/magic_castle.jpg

In article <[email protected]>,
Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] was thinking very hard :
> > On Dec 8, 9:15 am, Martin Borsje <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Crescentius Vespasianus pretended :

> >> Ashamed you have no castles in the States?

> > Does White Castle count?
> >
> >> I puke on anabolically misformed football players and the 'relaxed'
> >> audience stuffed with the golden arch products, well compensated by
> >> diet coke.

> > European football (soccer) fans are hardly a model of decent behavior.
> > American football is rough on the field, but the cops don't need to
> > fire tear-gas into the crowds. European football is pathetic with
> > players throwing themselves on the ground pretending they go thurt
> > every 2 minutes, while in the stands rival fans are stomped to death.
> >
> > Give me apathetic fat guys any day.
> >

> Who said I liked European soccer?
>
> I hate that, especially the behaviour of the 'fans', the mega-salaries
> of these youngsters. For the pretending behaviour of these guys is a
> well known word; in the Netherlands where I live we is is called
> "Schwalbe", which is the German word voor the bird swallow.

USA football players do not have to pretend they are hurt.
The real game is for the gamblers. It is called the NFL
injury report published each week. It takes the mind,
experience, and concentration of a NSA codebreaker to
decypher that document.

--
Michael Press

On Dec 8, 12:04 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:

> YankeeDoodalism b0rked Cycling

Davey, you better reconsider that. It is likely that the future of
cycling is racing in the USA. The number of "Tours" is growing like
never before here and all sorts of racing from big money crits to
cyclocross circuits that will soon pay a great deal more money than
European racing to road racing is really growing here.

I expect it will take several more slumps in the future but really,
bicycle racing will grow in the USA while it has been really slumping
over in Europe.

I am still surprised that in two weeks of driving around the Burgandy
region I never saw a single bicyclist save some old farmers riding out
into their fields pulling a cart behind a very old bicycle. Where will
new European racers come from?