I pick up my new bike tomorrow!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by dbackmtg, Mar 14, 2014.

1. dbackmtg

dbackmtg New Member

Tomorrow I pick up my new Trek Madone 3.1. This is my 1st carbon frame bike. I know it's the low level madone but it fit's my needs perfectly. I ride mainly for fitness but love to climb so this bike made the most sense. I am fitting it with my set of Roval Pave SL wheels, durable and reasonably light. Hopefully soon the salt will be off the roads so I can take it for the first ride.

Tags:

2. jrschultz

jrschultz Member

Congratulations! My first and only carbon bike is a Trek 5000 I bought used 2 years ago. I'm like you. I bike for fun, fitness, and a personal challenge. Since the Madone is an upgrade from the older 5000 I'm sure you'll love it.

dbackmtg likes this.
  3. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Ohio's roads are WHITE with salt. One good rain should get that cleaned off. The road grit may take a few more rains to wash away! And there's a chance of snow on Thursday...AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

Congrats on the new Madone! Enjoy those long, steep Pennsylvania climbs! Riding Western Pa. is a character building experience.

4. dbackmtg

dbackmtg New Member

I have my back up bike. This has been a hard winter. We've been spoiled the last few years.

5. dbackmtg

dbackmtg New Member

[​IMG]
    Here it is. I was tempted to ride it today.

6. cyberlegend1994

cyberlegend1994 Moderator

That is one sexy-looking steed!

7. RonSwanson

RonSwanson New Member

Good looking bike! Congrats btw. Looks really sturdy. Sadly, the winter has been an issue with riders. [​IMG]