I pick up my new bike tomorrow!

dbackmtg

Oct 9, 2005
Tomorrow I pick up my new Trek Madone 3.1. This is my 1st carbon frame bike. I know it's the low level madone but it fit's my needs perfectly. I ride mainly for fitness but love to climb so this bike made the most sense. I am fitting it with my set of Roval Pave SL wheels, durable and reasonably light. Hopefully soon the salt will be off the roads so I can take it for the first ride.

Congratulations! My first and only carbon bike is a Trek 5000 I bought used 2 years ago. I'm like you. I bike for fun, fitness, and a personal challenge. Since the Madone is an upgrade from the older 5000 I'm sure you'll love it.

Reactions: dbackmtg
Ohio's roads are WHITE with salt. One good rain should get that cleaned off. The road grit may take a few more rains to wash away! And there's a chance of snow on Thursday...AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

Congrats on the new Madone! Enjoy those long, steep Pennsylvania climbs! Riding Western Pa. is a character building experience.

I have my back up bike. This has been a hard winter. We've been spoiled the last few years.

Good looking bike! Congrats btw. Looks really sturdy. Sadly, the winter has been an issue with riders.
impatient.png