I put 4000 miles on my T-Bone, time for some new parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr. Drew

Stuff's wearing out on my Dual 26 T-Bone. And I want it to go faster to reduce my commute time,
which is 36 miles of rolling hills with some city traffic. (Baltimore-Adelphi MD) Can the collective
wisdom here:

1. Tell me where to get a replacement idler wheel.
2. Suggest most effective areas to upgrade for a performance increase.
3. Like what would be good options for better wheels? I have a disk brake in back.Currently Ritchey
Rock Pro in front and some weird Sun Racer thing in back.
4. And what would be a really good drivetrain? I have Campy Veloce in front and SRAM 8 speeds rest
unknown in back. I definitely want to go 9 speeds 11-34 in back to support loaded touring up
big hills.

I've already reduced the weight of the rider by 20 lbs. I commute and tour, so I want reliability
over performance, but performance is good.

Drew.

"Mr. Drew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Stuff's wearing out on my Dual 26 T-Bone. And I want it to go faster to reduce my commute time,
> which is 36 miles of rolling hills with some city traffic. (Baltimore-Adelphi MD) Can the
> collective wisdom here:

Two suggestions:

o Call George Reynolds

o Buy/make a tailbox

Len Thunberg

"Mr. Drew" wrote: I want it to go faster to reduce my commute time...

Pantour hubs (front and rear). Take those railroad tracks at 20 mph! My dual 26 Y-bone is faster
overall with full suspension than it was without it, not to mention (or perhaps because it is) less
fatiguing and better handling.

"Mr. Drew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Stuff's wearing out on my Dual 26 T-Bone. And I want it to go faster to reduce my commute time,
> which is 36 miles of rolling hills with some city traffic. (Baltimore-Adelphi MD) Can the
> collective wisdom here:
>
> 1. Tell me where to get a replacement idler wheel.
> 2. Suggest most effective areas to upgrade for a performance increase.
> 3. Like what would be good options for better wheels? I have a disk brake in back.Currently
> Ritchey Rock Pro in front and some weird Sun Racer thing in back.
> 4. And what would be a really good drivetrain? I have Campy Veloce in front and SRAM 8 speeds rest
> unknown in back. I definitely want to go 9 speeds 11-34 in back to support loaded touring up
> big hills.
>
> I've already reduced the weight of the rider by 20 lbs. I commute and tour, so I want reliability
> over performance, but performance is good.
>
> Drew.

Ah Dual 26 T-Bone.

Lets start with the idler wheels I just added new ones to my Dual 26 and they worked well I used
some spacers to make sure they ran on the bearings. Where did I get them Hostel SHoppe they are
the Green Speed Idler wheels. They worked great. The bike actually is a little quieter and it
shifts smoother.

Another great upgrade is Sram 9.0 or X.0 components. Get the light weight Ti brake levers from Avid
they are good looking and very light.

I went to the Ultegra BB and Cranks. 54 42 34

Went with Ti rear cluster 11..28

I put all new cables and cable housings on as well, I used Jagwire Kevlar cable housings and teflon
coated cables.

One of the biggest improvments for speed and looks is Aero Velocity Rims and American Classic Hubs,
Power On Cycling did the wheels they are really FAST I mean really fast.

Disc Brakes I would go with Avid Mechanicals they are relaible and the best ratings out there.

T-Bones rule.

"Ramjet"

those idler wheels are very interesting, how did you get them to work with the cross over chain set
up, did you just run two side by side? any pics?

mike rocole wrote:
> "Mr. Drew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Stuff's wearing out on my Dual 26 T-Bone. And I want it to go faster to reduce my commute time,
>>which is 36 miles of rolling hills with some city traffic. (Baltimore-Adelphi MD) Can the
>>collective wisdom here:
>>
>>1. Tell me where to get a replacement idler wheel.
>>2. Suggest most effective areas to upgrade for a performance increase.
>>3. Like what would be good options for better wheels? I have a disk brake in back.Currently
>> Ritchey Rock Pro in front and some weird Sun Racer thing in back.
>>4. And what would be a really good drivetrain? I have Campy Veloce in front and SRAM 8 speeds rest
>> unknown in back. I definitely want to go 9 speeds 11-34 in back to support loaded touring up
>> big hills.
>>
>>I've already reduced the weight of the rider by 20 lbs. I commute and tour, so I want reliability
>>over performance, but performance is good.
>>
>>Drew.
>
>
> Ah Dual 26 T-Bone.
>
> Lets start with the idler wheels I just added new ones to my Dual 26 and they worked well I used
> some spacers to make sure they ran on the bearings. Where did I get them Hostel SHoppe they are
> the Green Speed Idler wheels. They worked great. The bike actually is a little quieter and it
> shifts smoother.
>
> Another great upgrade is Sram 9.0 or X.0 components. Get the light weight Ti brake levers from
> Avid they are good looking and very light.
>
> I went to the Ultegra BB and Cranks. 54 42 34
>
> Went with Ti rear cluster 11..28
>
> I put all new cables and cable housings on as well, I used Jagwire Kevlar cable housings and
> teflon coated cables.
>
> One of the biggest improvments for speed and looks is Aero Velocity Rims and American Classic
> Hubs, Power On Cycling did the wheels they are really FAST I mean really fast.
>
> Disc Brakes I would go with Avid Mechanicals they are relaible and the best ratings out there.
>
> T-Bones rule.
>
> "Ramjet"

Status
Not open for further replies.