I Quit! I'm Through! :d

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Getting ready for the night ride... Hit the street...

Then at some point I'm lying on the road with some police and strangers around me.

Hospital bus gets me to the ER, loads of scans. Got released after 2 days.

Pretty much hurt, bruised and scraped everything. The helmet did get a blow on the front and got cracked.

Still don't remember anything and my sight is kinda funny... (seeing double).

You guys know any Carbon Trikes with Campy wheels? :D

Bike did not get a scratch! The damn thing just sits there looking like its laughing at me with the handlebars. :D

Coffee and morphine...

11v03kl.jpg

"For sale, in good condition." :D

25u4n77.jpg

I am really sorry to hear about you accident Volnix...! At the same time I am glad to see your sense of humor remains intact. Ready to get back on the bike? :)

Actually no... I was checking DH protective pads. :D

I shouldn't even stand for 3 weeks anyway. :(

So, sorry to hear about you're accident. :( Hope that you will get better soon and ready to ride you're bike again. :)

That was quite sad to read about what happened to you. Are you really going to give up? From the looks of it you are the type of person who can handle it all well judging from the humor that you can still pull off despite the accident and that is something positive. Hope you get better quick.

Fanks everybody. :)

Well maybe not quit but might just go out for nice rides away from the busy roads.

Or just go out riding mountain climbing. :D

But probably need to check that double vision thing first. :(

Really hoping you make a full recovery dude and judging by your sense of humour you're already half way there!

I don't suppose you had the camera rolling. I could have used some of that morphine last week myself. I had a run in with a kidney stone.

jhuskey said:
I don't suppose you had the camera rolling. I could have used some of that morphine last week myself. I had a run in with a kidney stone.

Nooo I didn't. It's not morphine they just gave me an IV of paracetamol.

I thought the double vision was from that and it kinda seems more noticeable now then couple of days ago...

Sh^t... Probably gonna be answering all "commuting tips" threads with "don't". :(

Volnix said:
Nooo I didn't. It's not morphine they just gave me an IV of paracetamol.

I thought the double vision was from that and it kinda seems more noticeable now then couple of days ago...

Sh^t... Probably gonna be answering all "commuting tips" threads with "don't". :(

Do I hear Foreigner playing in the background?

Wow, you really did a number on yourself there. Looks like your helmet did it's job at least to some extent. Hope you feel better soon.

As for your bike laughing at you, I know that feeling. I once came off my bike forwards over the handlebars. My own bike then proceeded to run after me. I swear it did that on purpose : /

Volnix said:
Actually no... I was checking DH protective pads. :D

I shouldn't even stand for 3 weeks anyway. :(
Wow, 3 weeks... That was serious. :( Do you know at least what happened to you?

Sunflogun said:
Wow, 3 weeks... That was serious. :( Do you know at least what happened to you?
Cracked spine, stitches in chin, hurt ribs, lots and lots of scrapes, hurt eye nerves or muscles or whatever.

Of you meant how it happened, I have no idea... :(

Come on, you have no idea? So you just woke up in the hospital and no explanations were given? :huh:

No I woke up on the street! I remember the ambulance and the hospital quite well... :(

Reactions: steve
That's something really strange, I would expect someone to tell you what happened. You know what happened before the accident right?