I quit ROAD BIKES BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO EXPENSIVE!

doesnt really sound like you have to worry about money, with your extensive collection of bikes. :confused:

just enjoy what you're doing and don't brag about yer shwag.

blaming it on the bike only goes so far. i have seen riders with 10,000 dollar bikes come out on group rides and totally own everyone. The next week they come on their past bikes like trek 5.2's and specilized sworks and they can still perform the same. You can probably get a used 5.2sl built for about 1200 now adays? But if theres one thing i learned its that bikings mental, and if you let the "bling" factor of your bike get in your head, youve already handicapped yourself :rolleyes:

anyways, bmx isnt my type of deal. i dont like my ankles chopped up by pedals haha. But you seem pretty into it. Good luck and remember to always have fun :p!

JTE83 said:
But actually, I did see a nice $500 GT Road Bike at Performance Bike and I freaked out at how light it is! - It had Sora parts but in actuality SORA Shifters aren't bad! - They're just "Campy Style" and their lever position indicator is actually really cool!

I'd still road bike for transportation and weight loss workouts though!
Why don't you embrace the fact that you're a recreational/fitness cyclist instead of contemptuously buying the cheapest road bike you can find outside of a big box store? You might wind up getting something you'll like having.

garage sale GT said:
Why don't you embrace the fact that you're a recreational/fitness cyclist instead of contemptuously buying the cheapest road bike you can find outside of a big box store? You might wind up getting something you'll like having.

Well, then how the hell is he supposed to be a poseur, eh?

garage sale GT said:
Um, wouldn't you need someone who was a size 4?

Cricks! Uhh... I just bought a thrift store Size 2 Petite Sophisticate Skirt Suit, and unfortunately... I FIT IT! I never thought I'd be a size 2 with weightlifting and freestyling!

But I can date a woman size 2 to 6!

alienator said:
Well, then how the hell is he supposed to be a poseur, eh?

How am I a poseur! I rip bmx freestyle tricks like tailwhips, 180's, bunnyhops, etc. And I workout in my road bikes AND RACE THEM! I end up last place because I'm not fast!

garage sale GT said:

I'm not contemptously buying a nice cheap GT Road Bike! I saw it on sale for $500 and it felt light! Then I came back with a weight scale and measured it and it came out to 21 lbs! I'm getting too much muscle and it felt light.

How JTWanker is a poseur
  1. Has to make sure everyone knows how much his CheapBay bike collection cost.
  2. Has to make sure everyone knows what tricks he thinks he can do.
  3. Only rides bikes on Lake Shore 'cuz if he rides somewhere else, people might not see him.
  4. Actually thinks someone is going to be impressed with the things he says or owns.
  5. Allegedly does tricks so he'll look "rad."
  6. Doesn't know how to just shut up and ride.
  7. Doesn't buy a bike because it ended up weighing more than it felt like it weighed.
  8. Isn't part of the Human Comedy, but rather is member of the break-away group, the Human Farce.
  9. He reeks of fake.

alienator said:
How JTWanker is a poseur
  3. Only rides bikes on Lake Shore 'cuz if he rides somewhere else, people might not see him.
  4. Actually thinks someone is going to be impressed with the things he says or owns.
  7. Doesn't buy a bike because it ended up weighing more than it felt like it weighed.
  8. Isn't part of the Human Comedy, but rather is member of the break-away group, the Human Farce.
  9. He reeks of fake.
Ease up a touch Alienator. He is just a different kat all together. In a scary way too but in the end who cares. Let him do his thing. You have smacked him enough.

Come and add some useful discussion to the spring classics or something where you can better unleash that impressive intellect.

Geoff Vadar said:
Ease up a touch Alienator. He is just a different kat all together. In a scary way too but in the end who cares. Let him do his thing. You have smacked him enough.

Come and add some useful discussion to the spring classics or something where you can better unleash that impressive intellect.

No thanks. I'll ease up when the resident cross dressing poseur eases up. Besides, he asks for it. He did ask how he was a poseur, so I obliged his wishes and gave him an answer.

alienator said:
No thanks. I'll ease up when the resident cross dressing poseur eases up. Besides, he asks for it. He did ask how he was a poseur, so I obliged his wishes and gave him an answer.
Fair enough.

alienator said:

I'll show you I ain't no poseur! I'll get somebody to videotape my bmx stunts if I could. Then I'll Youtube them. You'll see me ripping tricks on my bmx bikes, too bad I can't bunnyhop or rock walk or 360 a 2006 CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404's.

As for my bike collection, I ain't lying or posing that I got 8 bmx, 2 mtn, and 7 road bikes! They are -

BMX Bikes [Best to worst]
1983 Hutch Pro
198? Hutch Trickstar
2000 Diamondback Venom
2006 Haro Sport
1987 Haro Master
2008 GT Performer
2000 PK Ripper
2000 Schwinn Powermatic Mag [Yuk]

Mtn Bikes [Yuk]
2002 Cannondale F600
1997 Pacific with Panniers

Road Bikes [Best to worst]
2006 CF Cervelo Soloist Team w/ Zipp 404 clinchers
2003 AL Cervelo Soloist Team w/ HED Wheels
2005 Kestrel Talon
2006 Raleigh Prestige modded w/ Pulsion Cranks and Ritchey Protocols
2007 Trek Pilot 2.1 SPA, modded w/ ceramic bearing Ksyrium SLs, w/ Jandd Panniers, a Polar Powermeter, and it's Burley Nomad towing capable [Best Commuter Bike]
2005 Giant OCR 1 w/ Jandd Panniers
2002 Giant TCR Aero 2 [tired of this bike]

MEN RIDE CERVELO'S WITH ZIPP 404's - even if they look great in a skirt suit, cheerleader outfit, or schoolgirl stuff. That's ok Alienator, you can wear your Girl Scout Uniform because they suck in style... Like everything about you sucks IN STYLE! I'm so STYLISH AND BADASS, I LOOK LIKE SOME HOT CEO CHICK IN MY ST JOHN OUTFITS!

Dishonorable Mention - Alienator's crappy Moot's Bike with NO POWERMETER. NO SERIOUS **** ROADBIKER RIDES OR TRAINS WITHOUT A POWERMETER. IS A ***** and POSEUR BECAUSE HE NEVER RACED, I'M MORE OF A MAN EVER EVEN IN MY SKIRT SUITS OR CHEERLEADER OUTFITS! I RACE AT THE DOWNER'S GROVE NATIONAL CRITERIUM RACE COURSE, SOME ULTRA BADASS RACE COURSE, WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S THE NATIONAL CRITERIUM RACE COURSE? I EVEN CRASHED THERE AND FLIPPED HEAD OVER INTO A HALE BAY GOING AT SPEED IN A TURN IN MY 1ST RACE! http://www.dgcycling.com/

ALIENATOR'S ***** ATTEMPTS AT RACING? NEVER RACED. IF HE RACED, IT'S AT SOME ***** EASY RACE COURSE. HAS MORE OF A ***** THAN ME EVEN THOUGH I HAVE OVER 120 SKIRT SUITS! ALIENATOR'S ***** GETS WET EVERYTIME HE SLAMS ME, BECAUSE A WOMAN'S ORGASM IS ULTRABAD. OK, DAMN, ALIENATOR, I'M JEALOUS OF THAT ***** YOU GOT!

I CAN POST PICS OF MULTIPLE DOUBLE RACKS OF 120+ SKIRT SUITS TOO! AND OF COURSE, I LOOK WAY BETTER THAN ALIENATOR AS A MAN OR WOMAN! - These 120+ skirt suits I got can fit a sexy size 6 - 5' 4" tall woman LIKE BRITNEY SPEARS!

ALIENATOR'S CAREER - WISHES HE WAS A HOTSHOT PHYSICIST. Still just a lame student thinking he's gonna be somebody!
ME - I WORKED AT NASA, ON THE SPACE SHUTTLE, SPACE STATION, AND LUNAR LANDER! Might get a job at a Plasma Physics Lab in NJ! Applied for a Security Clearance Ultrabad Engineer / Programmer / Tech Writer Job at General Dynamics... ok, I wish...

Alienator - probably never broke 32 mph on a road bike, in the Flats No Wind. I did 32.9 mph my 1st year of road biking!

alienator said:
How JTWanker is a poseur
  9. He reeks of fake.
Quick: What's reason #10 ?

JTE83 said:
I'll show you I ain't no poseur! .....blah......blah.......blah......just a tranny surfin' the red wave........

Wow! You've got the caps lock thing down!

BTW, thanks for making my points for me, felon.

You suck Alienator. You can't reply well to post #35!

All you have is a crappy Moots, so you're just jealous of my 17 bike $26,000 to $30,000 bike collection. You whine because you're a poor student who can't afford that stuff.

Your just a dreamer Physics Student. Good luck getting a Physicist job too, they're hard to find, and you might end up a poor bike dreamer wishing you had a Cervelo with Zipp 404's.

You never RACED a road bike. You can't even race. I raced the toughest National Criterium course in America! So I'm no road bike poser, you are!

You never broke 32 mph in the flat no wind... I did 32.9 mph on my 2nd fastest bike! I should try my CF Soloist with Zipp 404's for this!

-- Or else you would have responded to these accusations!

Your just a bigger ***** than me for always picking on me, even though I USED TO wear women's clothes!

Well, everyone else does enjoy seeing us ***** each other!

JTE83 said:
You suck Alienator. You can't reply well to post #35!

All you have is a crappy Moots, so you're just jealous of my 17 bike $26,000 to $30,000 bike collection. You whine because you're a poor student who can't afford that stuff.

Your just a dreamer Physics Student. Good luck getting a Physicist job too, they're hard to find, and you might end up a poor bike dreamer wishing you had a Cervelo with Zipp 404's.

You never RACED a road bike. You can't even race. I raced the toughest National Criterium course in America! So I'm no road bike poser, you are!

You never broke 32 mph in the flat no wind... I did 32.9 mph on my 2nd fastest bike! I should try my CF Soloist with Zipp 404's for this!

-- Or else you would have responded to these accusations!

Your just a bigger ***** than me for always picking on me, even though I USED TO wear women's clothes!

Well, everyone else does enjoy seeing us ***** each other!

Again, wow! Your knowledge is quite sponge-like in its density. I still have a Moots? Really? I'm a physics student, really? You don't even know my field or background, Cupcake. You seem to be riding on some pretty frail assumptions.

Wow! Golly! You raced the toughest crit course in the galaxy? Jimminy willikers: what made that crit course so tough? I haven't raced? I want your Cervelo? Really?

Oh, I forgot about your "accusations." Well, they're more like the petulant bleatings of a fourth grader, upset during recess because he was chosen last for the kickball game.

You should know, precious little poseur, that no one has to prove anything to you. You are, after all, just the comic relief.....you know, the one everyone laughs at. You've made such a caricature of yourself that credibility isn't something you have to worry about having in this lifetime. Eh, maybe in the next life you'll earn a smidgeon of credibility.

laugh1small.jpg