I really need help here with my Highway Code ....

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by thirteenchars, May 16, 2013.

1. thirteenchars

thirteenchars New Member

Forgive me if you have seen this before, but stuff like this bothers me.

I just need an explanation as to why it is here. Looks like it has been here a while, but the NO-ENTRY sign is new.

Personally, if I worked for the council and I was asked to put this up I just couldn't. There must be a reason for this.

The cycle path was fine - There was another gate further ahead where the path stopped and turned to gravel. That gate has a purpose.

[​IMG]

It's near a roundabout just after Fullers brewery near Hammersmith.

Help!

Tags:

2. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

With my experience from living in the UK for about 7 years I would guess some of the following:

1. An old lady went to the council and complained about high speed cyclists outside her home which are scaring her cat.

2. Somebody crashed on this cycle lane after trying to chase a squirel at about 60km/h.

3. They are planning to refurbish the lane and they will start from that segment which is closed. Ofcourse the segment doesnt seem that it needs refurbishing but thats what having a council that cares for people does...

In any case you are very very lucky to live and cycle in the UK, after I left from there and came back home it was a mad-max style cycling nightmare for me for 3 years in a row...

3. Nukuhiva

Nukuhiva Member

It's obviously because they painted the directional arrow on the wrong side.....
    (predictable joke)

4. vspa

vspa Active Member

the traffic don't look terrible on the side, you'll need to ride that section in the main street,