I really shouldn't.........

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Manxshaun, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Manxshaun

    Manxshaun Guest

    .......... use cycle paths, I know, but sometimes I can't help myself.

    Amazingly enough, the route I used today gave me priority over side roads at several points, but do
    the b******s in c**s stop at the white lines commanding them to let me whizz majestically by? It's
    even more annoying when you can see they watch you approach the and then they go for it at the speed
    of a snail causing you to screetch to a stop (must get the brajkes adjusted!).

    Happened to me twice this morning and it really, really pisses me off.

    manxshaun

    Tags:

  2. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    manxshaun wrote:
    > .......... use cycle paths, I know, but sometimes I can't help myself.
    >
    > Amazingly enough, the route I used today gave me priority over side roads at several points, but
    > do the b******s in c**s stop at the white lines commanding them to let me whizz majestically by?
    > It's even more annoying when you can see they watch you approach the and then they go for it at
    > the speed of a snail causing you to screetch to a stop (must get the brajkes adjusted!).
    >
    > Happened to me twice this morning and it really, really pisses me off.
    >
    > manxshaun

    I find that they do stop if you shout at them...

    Geroutait.

    You still lose a bit of momentum, but it releases the stress.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

    Love this:

  3. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "manxshaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > .......... use cycle paths, I know, but sometimes I can't help myself.

    Last time I used one to negotiate a roundabout on a new by-pass I discovered another flaw with them,
    the roads had been gritted but not the farcilitie, just managed to stay on...... And another thing
    with it, if I stay on the road I have to give way once to the traffic already on the roundabout,
    using the farcility I have to give way 3 times. "Why use it?" you may say. Because there is an extra
    grip coating on the road that is covered in skid marks which psyches me out :-(
    --
    Regards, Pete