I really want to know.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valer, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. A very long time ago, a hated cyclists, and I hated the movie "Breaking Away." The thread on the
    Cutters reminded me of this. Was that movie based on a true story? And if true, how come I've never
    seen this guy in a bike mag, or web site etc? In other words, where is the dude today?

    Tags:

  2. Carl Sundquist

    Carl Sundquist New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2003
    I know, but after reading your dumbass comment about Beloki in the ONCE thread, it's not worth my time to give you your answer.

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Callistus Valerius <[email protected]> wrote:
    > A very long time ago, a hated cyclists, and I hated the movie "Breaking Away." The thread on
    > the Cutters reminded me of this. Was that movie based on a true story? And if true, how come
    > I've never seen this guy in a bike mag, or web site etc? In other words, where is the dude
    > today?

    As a fellow member of Carl's "You belong in Darkness" club, I feel it's my job to suggest, e.g,
    http://www.indiana.edu/~alumni/magtalk/mar-apr00/little500.html or search world on "Dave Blase".

    Art Walker [email protected]

    --
    Art Walker [email protected]

  4. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A very long time ago, a hated cyclists, and I hated the movie
    "Breaking
    > Away." The thread on the Cutters reminded me of this. Was that movie
    based
    > on a true story? And if true, how come I've never seen this guy in a bike mag, or web site etc? In
    > other words, where is the dude today?

    Who cares? Don't you have some Kirsten Gum bashing to do?

  5. Jim Martin

    Jim Martin Guest

    "Arthur H. Walker" <[email protected]> wrote
    > As a fellow member of Carl's "You belong in Darkness" club, I feel it's my job to suggest, e.g,
    > http://www.indiana.edu/~alumni/magtalk/mar-apr00/little500.html or search world on "Dave Blase".

    Very cool!

    Interestingly, I met a guy at the Tour of Texas in 1984 who claimed to be the real person about whom
    the movie was written. He told me his name was Tony Comfort and that, when he was younger, he had
    adopeted an Italian-ized version "Antonio Comforte". When I met him he claimed to be involved with
    the Christian group Athletes in Action. Anybody else know Tony Comfort?

    Cheers,

    Jim

    ---

    news:<[email protected]>...

  7. On 4 Aug 2003 15:19:54 -0700, [email protected] (Kiem Madvanen) wrote:

    >"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> A very long time ago, a hated cyclists, and I hated the movie "Breaking Away." The thread on the
    >> Cutters reminded me of this. Was that movie based on a true story? And if true, how come I've
    >> never seen this guy in a bike mag, or web site etc? In other words, where is the dude today?

    It's kind of a step on from "who cares?" but not unrelated...

    Regards! Stephen

  8. Mark Fennell

    Mark Fennell New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2003
    > Anybody else know Tony Comfort?

    I didn't know him but he was junior in the mid- to late-70's and he did take the name Antonio Comforti. He rode for a Colorado-based team named "Monte of Italy".

    Bonus question: Name three other "Monte of Italy" juniors that went on to become well known in cycling (not just as racers).

    Mark