I Run Red Lights

bob_the_rider

Guest
Since when buying my bike did it say that I had become an ambassador
for cycling?

I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
of your group and nor do I want to be. I run red lights, ride on the
footpath, and occasionally ride on the wrong side of the road. I do
what I can to get to where I am going in the quickest time and in what
I believe is safe. No-one complains when a pedestrian crosses on red,
so quit complaining when I do on my bike. And f*** those lazy,
jealous, polluting-my-air drivers who whinge at what I do. I couldn't
care less about what those ignorant and arrogant "my-road-causes-I-pay-
my-rego" dikheads think.

Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

bob

bob_the_rider said:
I couldn't care less about what those ignorant and arrogant "my-road-causes-I-pay-my-rego" dikheads think.

Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

Unfortunately it kind of is when they are trying to run over and kill you.

On Apr 24, 5:14 pm, SomeGuy <SomeGuy.2pj...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> bob_the_rider Wrote:
>
> > I couldn't care less about what those ignorant and arrogant
> > "my-road-causes-I-pay-my-rego" dikheads think.

> > Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

> Unfortunately it kind of is when they are trying to run over and kill
> you.

Don't feed the troll, please

On Apr 24, 5:25 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2pj...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> bob_the_rider Wrote:
>
> > Self-aggrandising bollox snipped

> A lame troll/shill attempt.
>
> ignore.
>
> --
> cfsmtb

"Nooo, there aren't really people out there like this! surely this is
just some troll wind up!". Sure, you shut your eyes and cover your
ears...

Well there are there are people like this, and this is no troll.

And if you feel the need to tell me off for running a red light on
swanston street - as some other cyclist felt he needed to let me know
the errs of my ways - then think again and keep your opinions to
yourself. Just because i ride a bike i am not representing the cycling
community. i ride for my own reasons and those reasons do not include
improving the image of the cyclist - i dont see why it should. I never
asked for that. and as long as i harm no one else then leave it to the
law to look after (which i doubt that they really care) and STOP being
so goddamn nerdy - what is with you people??

Bob,

I'm glad you wrote back. I also want to express in a non-troll-like way (if
at all posiible) that I too, on occasion like to sample the guilty delight
of running a red light. Sometimes, I do it in cotton instead of lyrca!

Why can't I be an occasional pedestrian if it gets me there? Mind you I have
never come across a castigating cyclist before either. I think my immediate
reaction would be to tell them to sod off.

Keep up the good work Bob! Now, remember to raise that middle finger as you
pass through that red light camera like a good little anarchist.

Thank you come again.

CN

On Apr 26, 5:36 pm, bob_the_rider <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 5:25 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2pj...@no-
>
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > bob_the_rider Wrote:

> > > Self-aggrandising bollox snipped

> > A lame troll/shill attempt.

> > ignore.

> > --
> > cfsmtb

> "Nooo, there aren't really people out there like this! surely this is
> just some troll wind up!". Sure, you shut your eyes and cover your
> ears...
>
> Well there are there are people like this, and this is no troll.
>
> And if you feel the need to tell me off for running a red light on
> swanston street - as some other cyclist felt he needed to let me know
> the errs of my ways - then think again and keep your opinions to
> yourself. Just because i ride a bike i am not representing the cycling
> community.

How's that bubble you live in?

On Apr 26, 5:36 pm, bob_the_rider <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 5:25 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2pj...@no-
>
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > bob_the_rider Wrote:

> > > Self-aggrandising bollox snipped

> > A lame troll/shill attempt.

> > ignore.

> > --
> > cfsmtb

> "Nooo, there aren't really people out there like this! surely this is
> just some troll wind up!". Sure, you shut your eyes and cover your
> ears...
>
> Well there are there are people like this, and this is no troll.
>
> And if you feel the need to tell me off for running a red light on
> swanston street - as some other cyclist felt he needed to let me know
> the errs of my ways - then think again and keep your opinions to
> yourself. Just because i ride a bike i am not representing the cycling
> community. i ride for my own reasons and those reasons do not include
> improving the image of the cyclist - i dont see why it should. I never
> asked for that. and as long as i harm no one else then leave it to the
> law to look after (which i doubt that they really care) and STOP being
> so goddamn nerdy - what is with you people??

I agree with you, cyclists do not represent each other by the mere
fact they are all on bikes. I don't (usually) run red lights, and it
***** me to tears when people try to lump me in with you. I refuse to
take responsibility for you. It would be the same logic to lump my
honourable and law-abiding father in with bogan red-light runners in
rice boxes.

Donga

bob_the_rider wrote:

> I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
> of your group and nor do I want to be....

Then f$ck off!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

bob_the_rider wrote:
> Since when buying my bike did it say that I had become an ambassador
> for cycling?
>
> I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
> of your group and nor do I want to be. I run red lights, ride on the
> footpath, and occasionally ride on the wrong side of the road. I do
> what I can to get to where I am going in the quickest time and in what
> I believe is safe. No-one complains when a pedestrian crosses on red,
> so quit complaining when I do on my bike. And f*** those lazy,
> jealous, polluting-my-air drivers who whinge at what I do. I couldn't
> care less about what those ignorant and arrogant "my-road-causes-I-pay-
> my-rego" dikheads think.
>
> Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.
>
> bob

One word, ****!

Pete.B

On Apr 28, 8:20 am, Skewer <[email protected]> wrote:

> One word, ****!

> Pete.B

Why Pete? Is it that I offend your sense of decency? I have a tip for
you: worry less about what other people do.

No one really cares about the infringements a cyclist commits - so
long as it doesn't slow them down. Mostly it's just **** cyclist, like
yourself (who probably ride two astride down a single lane road
aggravating the hell out of the drivers, but do so in arrogant bliss
because it is legal) and anti-cyclist who i really don't give a f**k
about.

On Apr 27, 8:48 am, Donga <[email protected]> wrote:

> I don't (usually) run red lights, and it
> ***** me to tears when people try to lump me in with you. I refuse to
> take responsibility for you.

See, i just don't get this. I also ride a motorbike, which is a very
similar group to bicycles. both are a minority on the roads, both are
more exposed, both hated by some noisy minority. But when we see
another biker do some maniac stunt on the roads, very little of us
think "tsk, tsk, his making us all look so bad." We just think his
life expectancy isn't looking too good.

Don't take responsibility for me... you putting that trip on yourself.

In aus.bicycle on 27 Apr 2007 20:03:15 -0700
bob_the_rider <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 8:48 am, Donga <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I don't (usually) run red lights, and it
>> ***** me to tears when people try to lump me in with you. I refuse to
>> take responsibility for you.

> See, i just don't get this. I also ride a motorbike, which is a very
> similar group to bicycles. both are a minority on the roads, both are
> more exposed, both hated by some noisy minority. But when we see
> another biker do some maniac stunt on the roads, very little of us
> think "tsk, tsk, his making us all look so bad." We just think his
> life expectancy isn't looking too good.

Don't get out all that much with other riders eh?

There's a lot of talk amongst riders about how fools stuff things up
for others, such as more police presence, higher insurance costs, and
road rage.

Of course the ones who are being twats don't like to hear it so put
their fingers in their ears and chant "lalalalala" while pretending
that everyone else is jealous of their wheelie skills.

Zebee

On Apr 28, 1:03 pm, bob_the_rider <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 8:48 am, Donga <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I don't (usually) run red lights, and it
> > ***** me to tears when people try to lump me in with you. I refuse to
> > take responsibility for you.

> See, i just don't get this. I also ride a motorbike, which is a very
> similar group to bicycles. both are a minority on the roads, both are
> more exposed, both hated by some noisy minority. But when we see
> another biker do some maniac stunt on the roads, very little of us
> think "tsk, tsk, his making us all look so bad." We just think his
> life expectancy isn't looking too good.
>
> Don't take responsibility for me... you putting that trip on yourself.

Read what I said - I don't. I just find myself having to refuse to,
when others lump me in with you. Personally I think red-light-runners
are tools. Get out of bed five minutes earlier.

Donga

On Apr 28, 12:49 pm, bob_the_rider <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Apr 28, 8:20 am, Skewer <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > One word, ****!

> > --
> > --
> > Pete.B

> Why Pete? Is it that I offend your sense of decency? I have a tip for
> you: worry less about what other people do.

When what other people do directly affects my experience as a cyclist,
I worry about it.
When dickheads like you run red lights, and then the car driver
sitting next to me abuses me for it, I get ****** off with both the
driver (duh, *I'm* not the one doing the wrong thing) and the ********
on the bike who openly flaunts the rules that we all are supposed to
play by. The rules exist to make our roads safer and more
predictable, and they apply to everyone, not just those who *you*
think they should (obviously not you, you're -way- above the law,
eh?), but to all of us. If we want to share a resource (the road) then
we have to ride with courtesy and with responsibilty, if we expect
other road users to treat us with respect and courtesy and to play by
the rules, we have to do the same.

You may not have ridden much after the hellride rider killed James
Gould, but I did, and I copped a lot of flak because of that.
Noticeably and significantly more than at 'normal' times.

You do *not* live in a bubble, your actions affect other people. If
you don't get that, you're a ********, if you do, and you keep doing
it, you're an ******** as well.

FWIW, I ride a motorcycle too, and when I see some fool doing 100km
down a side street on one wheel, I think 'thank's mate, you're really
giving motorcyclists a good rep ... I wonder if anyone will care when
the next government 'safety tax' gets put on us'.

bob_the_rider said:
Since when buying my bike did it say that I had become an ambassador
for cycling?

I'm sick of hearing from "righteous riders"... im sorry, im not part
of your group and nor do I want to be. I run red lights, ride on the
footpath, and occasionally ride on the wrong side of the road. I do
what I can to get to where I am going in the quickest time and in what
I believe is safe. No-one complains when a pedestrian crosses on red,
so quit complaining when I do on my bike. And f*** those lazy,
jealous, polluting-my-air drivers who whinge at what I do. I couldn't
care less about what those ignorant and arrogant "my-road-causes-I-pay-
my-rego" dikheads think.

Sorry, not my problem. You can battle it out with them on your own.

bob

You don't have to be cycling ambassador to follow the rules. For all your sanctimonious raving about being picked on for running red lights, I'll bet you're the first to complain when a motorist cuts _you_ off.

Remember: red = stop... complicated eh?

Ritch

Bleve wrote:
> On Apr 28, 12:49 pm, bob_the_rider <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> On Apr 28, 8:20 am, Skewer <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> One word, ****!
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Pete.B

>> Why Pete? Is it that I offend your sense of decency? I have a tip for
>> you: worry less about what other people do.

> When what other people do directly affects my experience as a cyclist,
> I worry about it.
> When dickheads like you run red lights, and then the car driver
> sitting next to me abuses me for it, I get ****** off with both the
> driver (duh, *I'm* not the one doing the wrong thing) and the ********
> on the bike who openly flaunts the rules that we all are supposed to
> play by. The rules exist to make our roads safer and more
> predictable, and they apply to everyone, not just those who *you*
> think they should (obviously not you, you're -way- above the law,
> eh?), but to all of us. If we want to share a resource (the road) then
> we have to ride with courtesy and with responsibilty, if we expect
> other road users to treat us with respect and courtesy and to play by
> the rules, we have to do the same.
>
> You may not have ridden much after the hellride rider killed James
> Gould, but I did, and I copped a lot of flak because of that.
> Noticeably and significantly more than at 'normal' times.
>
> You do *not* live in a bubble, your actions affect other people. If
> you don't get that, you're a ********, if you do, and you keep doing
> it, you're an ******** as well.
>
> FWIW, I ride a motorcycle too, and when I see some fool doing 100km
> down a side street on one wheel, I think 'thank's mate, you're really
> giving motorcyclists a good rep ... I wonder if anyone will care when
> the next government 'safety tax' gets put on us'.

+1 Bleve, spot on!
Spoken4

Bobby boy,

Whilst I can see where you're coming from and I agree that we shouldn't take responsibility for other people's actions, the fact of the matter is that it takes a tad more than the average Aussie to actually comprehend the fact that ONE cyclist behaving like a ****, does not mean that all cyclists behave like twats. However, unfortunately most people in this country do not meet the level of commonsense required to comprehend such logic.

I don't care what others do - only when it directly affects me.

Far too often, I end up having to defend myself at work, because some of my dumb colleagues thinks all cyclists are @rseholes and make comments such as "I could just knock them off their little bikes". The last time it happened, I explained to them that I, and the people I ride with, do the right thing and that they really should start complaining about all the cars holding them up - mainly the parents driving their little brats to school. That left some blank looks on their faces - they simply had never thought to view the problem from an angle other than an aggressive one.

I can't understand why we can't all just do the right thing and abide by the laws. What's so hard about that, and what makes some people too fscking good for that?

Lotte

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:22:17 +1000
LotteBum <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bobby boy,
>
> Whilst I can see where you're coming from and I agree that we shouldn't
> take responsibility for other people's actions, the fact of the matter
> is that it takes a tad more than the average Aussie to actually
> comprehend the fact that ONE cyclist behaving like a ****, does not
> mean that all cyclists behave like twats. However, unfortunately most

If it was only one, wouldn't be a problem....

Zebee