I See..

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Home On The Mu_, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Home, Home On The Mu_n wrote:

    > ...that the Obsessive Compulsives on SMC are hard at
    > it still.
    >
    > lol
    >
    > Amazing waste of human time.

    Perhaps you could tell your alter ego, Chung, about that...?

    Bob

  3. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hi,
    On 6-Mar-2004, "Home, Home On The Mu_n" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > ..that the Obsessive Compulsives on SMC are hard at
    > it still.
    >
    > lol
    >
    > Amazing waste of human time.

    <delurk> SMC is currently nonviable as a newsgroup now.
    Plenty of blame for all too. I just feel bad for the
    occasional innocent who wanders in with real questions. But
    enough about that.

    How are you doing? You've been gone a while. :)

    Take care, Carmen

  4. >Hi,
    >On 6-Mar-2004, "Home, Home On The Mu_n" <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> ..that the Obsessive Compulsives on SMC are hard at
    >> it still.
    >>
    >> lol
    >>
    >> Amazing waste of human time.

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:17:47 GMT, "Carmen"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    ><delurk> SMC is currently nonviable as a newsgroup now.
    >Plenty of blame for all too. I just feel bad for the
    >occasional innocent who wanders in with real questions. But
    >enough about that.
    >
    >How are you doing? You've been gone a while. :)

    Fine, thank you. Yes, I haven't been where I could lurk
    either. First thing I did this early morning was Google you
    on Howard.

    I am so sorry, Carmen, so very sorry. Monday, right?

    http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960222.html Lift well,
    Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

  5. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hi Mu,
    wrote:

    > >How are you doing? You've been gone a while. :)
    >
    > Fine, thank you. Yes, I haven't been where I could lurk
    > either. First thing I did this early morning was Google
    > you on Howard.
    >
    > I am so sorry, Carmen, so very sorry. Monday, right?

    Thank you. It was expected but we asked for the molecular
    test to remove even the last shred of *un*reasonable doubt.
    The surgery is Tuesday, and Dr. Cutting said he's going to
    frontload Howard because he (Howard) gets stressed by the IV
    (needles in general). Sometimes he just vasovagals and
    passes out, and my job is to stop the team from going nuts
    with the ammonia capsules. :) They do love those things,
    and burnt nostrils are no fun. The doc's reasoning is
    probably the fewer stressors the better the outcome will be.

    Mentally he/we switched from the unknown to the known and
    we've focused on the surgery as a mission to be
    accomplished. Fort Campbell has got a myoelectric training
    machine coming in to Occupational Therapy and Howard'll be
    one of the first to get to use it. We aren't sure how soon
    they begin fittings for the myoelectric hand (that'll be
    coming through Walter Reed's Prosthetics Lab) but the folks
    here at Campbell will be ahead of the game in learning how
    to use their prothesis' (there are a number of amputees from
    here thanks to Iraq).

    Overall we're both doing pretty well considering the
    circumstances. Our daughter (14 going on 21) is handling it
    well. (Interestingly, the one teacher she's told is her
    JROTC instructor. Even though she likes other teachers, she
    seems to like her first sergeant the best.) Our friends have
    been very supportive, and his coworkers have as well.

    Right now I'm finishing up the packing and arrangements for
    my sister-in-law to come stay with Caitlin while we're away
    but I'll have 'net access from Guest Housing down there and
    Google's not ideal but still a viable option. I'll check
    again tonight when we get back from the airport though.
    Being a 'net junkie is a real time drain. ;-)

    Take care, Carmen

  6. On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:52:38 GMT, "Carmen" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Thank you. It was expected but we asked for the molecular
    >test to remove even the last shred of *un*reasonable
    >doubt. The surgery is Tuesday, and Dr. Cutting said he's
    >going to frontload Howard because he (Howard) gets
    >stressed by the IV (needles in general). Sometimes he just
    >vasovagals and passes out, and my job is to stop the team
    >from going nuts with the ammonia capsules. :) They do
    >love those things, and burnt nostrils are no fun. The
    >doc's reasoning is probably the fewer stressors the better
    >the outcome will be.

    Most surely. A good plan.

    >Mentally he/we switched from the unknown to the known and
    >we've focused on the surgery as a mission to be
    >accomplished. Fort Campbell has got a myoelectric training
    >machine coming in to Occupational Therapy and Howard'll be
    >one of the first to get to use it. We aren't sure how soon
    >they begin fittings for the myoelectric hand (that'll be
    >coming through Walter Reed's Prosthetics Lab) but the folks
    >here at Campbell will be ahead of the game in learning how
    >to use their prothesis'

    Aw, now that is great news in a dimly lit situation.

    >(there are a number of amputees from here thanks to Iraq).

    Oh man, is this not a bizarre world? Sarge is finally going
    to get something of value for his service. What a crazy turn
    of events.

    Get this. We have a software module that runs in the field
    to mark on a 3D image of a digitized version of the human
    body scars, hair coloring, weight, potmarks..anythng that
    "tags" a patient for ID purposes. Including a DNA
    registration embedded in a barcode that can be attached to
    the living, the suffering and the dead. And, of course,
    amputations surgical or otherwise.

    I'll bet that somewhere along the line we tagged a lower arm
    amputee that ended up as a beta/primary test for the hand
    myoelectrics.

    >Overall we're both doing pretty well considering the
    >circumstances. Our daughter (14 going on 21) is handling it
    >well. (Interestingly, the one teacher she's told is her
    >JROTC instructor. Even though she likes other teachers, she
    >seems to like her first sergeant the best.) Our friends
    >have been very supportive, and his coworkers have as well.

    Good news with the daughter. That's got to be a big relief
    even if she is "butching up" for Dad...and you.

    >Right now I'm finishing up the packing and arrangements for
    >my sister-in-law to come stay with Caitlin while we're away
    >but I'll have 'net access from Guest Housing down there and
    >Google's not ideal but still a viable option. I'll check
    >again tonight when we get back from the airport though.
    >Being a 'net junkie is a real time drain. ;-)

    Came in handy though, didn't it.

    >Take care, Carmen

    YOU take care of YOU. Your no good to Howard if you don't.
    Don't forget that.

    I'll make you a deal. Andrew and I will pray for you and you
    (take/pray) for Howard. That should cover all the bases. And
    yes, I know you are agnoathiestic.

    Mu

    http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960222.html Lift well,
    Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

  7. Carmen

    wrote:

    > >(there are a number of amputees from here thanks to
    > >Iraq).
    >
    > Oh man, is this not a bizarre world? Sarge is finally
    > going to get something of value for his service. What a
    > crazy turn of events.
    >
    > Get this. We have a software module that runs in the field
    > to mark on a 3D image of a digitized version of the human
    > body scars, hair coloring, weight, potmarks..anythng that
    > "tags" a patient for ID purposes. Including a DNA
    > registration embedded in a barcode that can be attached to
    > the living, the suffering and the dead. And, of course,
    > amputations surgical or otherwise.
    >
    > I'll bet that somewhere along the line we tagged a lower
    > arm amputee that ended up as a beta/primary test for the
    > hand myoelectrics.

    I told Sarge this and he was quite interested.

    > >Right now I'm finishing up the packing and arrangements
    > >for my sister-in-law to come stay with Caitlin while
    > >we're away but I'll have 'net access from Guest Housing
    > >down there and Google's not ideal but still a viable
    > >option. I'll check again tonight when we get back from
    > >the airport though. Being a 'net junkie is a real time
    > >drain. ;-)

    Well, last evening ended up being a pretty late one. Our
    buddies showed up in force and we took over the whole back
    room at a chinese restaurant (20 of us!). The proprietors
    loved us. :)

    > >Take care, Carmen
    >
    > YOU take care of YOU. Your no good to Howard if you don't.
    > Don't forget that.

    I know. I switched antidepressants back to the most
    effective one so exercise started becoming much more
    common. Can't remember my name half the time but my mood is
    better. ;-)

    > I'll make you a deal. Andrew and I will pray for you and
    > you (take/pray) for Howard. That should cover all the
    > bases. And yes, I know you are agnoathiestic.

    Thank you. BTW, I've been doing so. I've always thought
    that if I'm wrong that any deity worth worship would take
    prayers meant for someone else. Well, it's time to go now
    so time to sign off.

    Take care, Carmen