I See..

Home, Home On The Mu_n wrote:

> ...that the Obsessive Compulsives on SMC are hard at
> it still.
>
> lol
>
> Amazing waste of human time.

Perhaps you could tell your alter ego, Chung, about that...?

Bob

Hi,
On 6-Mar-2004, "Home, Home On The Mu_n" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> ..that the Obsessive Compulsives on SMC are hard at
> it still.
>
> lol
>
> Amazing waste of human time.

<delurk> SMC is currently nonviable as a newsgroup now.
Plenty of blame for all too. I just feel bad for the
occasional innocent who wanders in with real questions. But
enough about that.

How are you doing? You've been gone a while. :)

Take care, Carmen

>Hi,
>On 6-Mar-2004, "Home, Home On The Mu_n" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>> ..that the Obsessive Compulsives on SMC are hard at
>> it still.
>>
>> lol
>>
>> Amazing waste of human time.

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:17:47 GMT, "Carmen"
<[email protected]> wrote:

><delurk> SMC is currently nonviable as a newsgroup now.
>Plenty of blame for all too. I just feel bad for the
>occasional innocent who wanders in with real questions. But
>enough about that.
>
>How are you doing? You've been gone a while. :)

Fine, thank you. Yes, I haven't been where I could lurk
either. First thing I did this early morning was Google you
on Howard.

I am so sorry, Carmen, so very sorry. Monday, right?

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960222.html Lift well,
Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

Hi Mu,
wrote:

> >How are you doing? You've been gone a while. :)
>
> Fine, thank you. Yes, I haven't been where I could lurk
> either. First thing I did this early morning was Google
> you on Howard.
>
> I am so sorry, Carmen, so very sorry. Monday, right?

Thank you. It was expected but we asked for the molecular
test to remove even the last shred of *un*reasonable doubt.
The surgery is Tuesday, and Dr. Cutting said he's going to
frontload Howard because he (Howard) gets stressed by the IV
(needles in general). Sometimes he just vasovagals and
passes out, and my job is to stop the team from going nuts
with the ammonia capsules. :) They do love those things,
and burnt nostrils are no fun. The doc's reasoning is
probably the fewer stressors the better the outcome will be.

Mentally he/we switched from the unknown to the known and
we've focused on the surgery as a mission to be
accomplished. Fort Campbell has got a myoelectric training
machine coming in to Occupational Therapy and Howard'll be
one of the first to get to use it. We aren't sure how soon
they begin fittings for the myoelectric hand (that'll be
coming through Walter Reed's Prosthetics Lab) but the folks
here at Campbell will be ahead of the game in learning how
to use their prothesis' (there are a number of amputees from
here thanks to Iraq).

Overall we're both doing pretty well considering the
circumstances. Our daughter (14 going on 21) is handling it
well. (Interestingly, the one teacher she's told is her
JROTC instructor. Even though she likes other teachers, she
seems to like her first sergeant the best.) Our friends have
been very supportive, and his coworkers have as well.

Right now I'm finishing up the packing and arrangements for
my sister-in-law to come stay with Caitlin while we're away
but I'll have 'net access from Guest Housing down there and
Google's not ideal but still a viable option. I'll check
again tonight when we get back from the airport though.
Being a 'net junkie is a real time drain. ;-)

Take care, Carmen

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:52:38 GMT, "Carmen" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Thank you. It was expected but we asked for the molecular
>test to remove even the last shred of *un*reasonable
>doubt. The surgery is Tuesday, and Dr. Cutting said he's
>going to frontload Howard because he (Howard) gets
>stressed by the IV (needles in general). Sometimes he just
>vasovagals and passes out, and my job is to stop the team
>from going nuts with the ammonia capsules. :) They do
>love those things, and burnt nostrils are no fun. The
>doc's reasoning is probably the fewer stressors the better
>the outcome will be.

Most surely. A good plan.

>Mentally he/we switched from the unknown to the known and
>we've focused on the surgery as a mission to be
>accomplished. Fort Campbell has got a myoelectric training
>machine coming in to Occupational Therapy and Howard'll be
>one of the first to get to use it. We aren't sure how soon
>they begin fittings for the myoelectric hand (that'll be
>coming through Walter Reed's Prosthetics Lab) but the folks
>here at Campbell will be ahead of the game in learning how
>to use their prothesis'

Aw, now that is great news in a dimly lit situation.

>(there are a number of amputees from here thanks to Iraq).

Oh man, is this not a bizarre world? Sarge is finally going
to get something of value for his service. What a crazy turn
of events.

Get this. We have a software module that runs in the field
to mark on a 3D image of a digitized version of the human
body scars, hair coloring, weight, potmarks..anythng that
"tags" a patient for ID purposes. Including a DNA
registration embedded in a barcode that can be attached to
the living, the suffering and the dead. And, of course,
amputations surgical or otherwise.

I'll bet that somewhere along the line we tagged a lower arm
amputee that ended up as a beta/primary test for the hand
myoelectrics.

>Overall we're both doing pretty well considering the
>circumstances. Our daughter (14 going on 21) is handling it
>well. (Interestingly, the one teacher she's told is her
>JROTC instructor. Even though she likes other teachers, she
>seems to like her first sergeant the best.) Our friends
>have been very supportive, and his coworkers have as well.

Good news with the daughter. That's got to be a big relief
even if she is "butching up" for Dad...and you.

>Right now I'm finishing up the packing and arrangements for
>my sister-in-law to come stay with Caitlin while we're away
>but I'll have 'net access from Guest Housing down there and
>Google's not ideal but still a viable option. I'll check
>again tonight when we get back from the airport though.
>Being a 'net junkie is a real time drain. ;-)

Came in handy though, didn't it.

>Take care, Carmen

YOU take care of YOU. Your no good to Howard if you don't.
Don't forget that.

I'll make you a deal. Andrew and I will pray for you and you
(take/pray) for Howard. That should cover all the bases. And
yes, I know you are agnoathiestic.

Mu

wrote:

> >(there are a number of amputees from here thanks to
> >Iraq).
>
> Oh man, is this not a bizarre world? Sarge is finally
> going to get something of value for his service. What a
> crazy turn of events.
>
> Get this. We have a software module that runs in the field
> to mark on a 3D image of a digitized version of the human
> body scars, hair coloring, weight, potmarks..anythng that
> "tags" a patient for ID purposes. Including a DNA
> registration embedded in a barcode that can be attached to
> the living, the suffering and the dead. And, of course,
> amputations surgical or otherwise.
>
> I'll bet that somewhere along the line we tagged a lower
> arm amputee that ended up as a beta/primary test for the
> hand myoelectrics.

I told Sarge this and he was quite interested.

> >Right now I'm finishing up the packing and arrangements
> >for my sister-in-law to come stay with Caitlin while
> >we're away but I'll have 'net access from Guest Housing
> >down there and Google's not ideal but still a viable
> >option. I'll check again tonight when we get back from
> >the airport though. Being a 'net junkie is a real time
> >drain. ;-)

Well, last evening ended up being a pretty late one. Our
buddies showed up in force and we took over the whole back
room at a chinese restaurant (20 of us!). The proprietors
loved us. :)

> >Take care, Carmen
>
> YOU take care of YOU. Your no good to Howard if you don't.
> Don't forget that.

I know. I switched antidepressants back to the most
effective one so exercise started becoming much more
common. Can't remember my name half the time but my mood is
better. ;-)

> I'll make you a deal. Andrew and I will pray for you and
> you (take/pray) for Howard. That should cover all the
> bases. And yes, I know you are agnoathiestic.

Thank you. BTW, I've been doing so. I've always thought
that if I'm wrong that any deity worth worship would take
prayers meant for someone else. Well, it's time to go now
so time to sign off.

Take care, Carmen