I seem to be gradually losing pieces

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Corvus Corvax, May 29, 2003.

  1. ...of my elbow.

    When I went into the windshield of that pickup truck a few years ago, the only long-term injury I
    sustained was a chip of bone missing from the end of my elbow. Ever since, you could feel the little
    jagged spot on the end of my elbow where the bone got chipped. The annoying thing is that I think
    that I lost another chip off the same spot when I took a header in Tucson last week. If this keeps
    up, I'm going to do myself some serious damage.

    Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?

    CC

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

  3. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?
    >
    > I've had my share of elbow destruction. Here's the ones I use:

    http://shop.foxracing.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Bike&category%5Fname=Knee+%26++++++++++++++++E-
    lbow+Guards%5F39&product%5Fid=29012

    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I've also destroyed my elbow. I shattered it skiing (or crashing, really). When I was getting back
    out skiing while I still had eight peices of hardware in it I just used a modified skateboard elbow
    pad. I put an extra inch of foam in it and cut a notch for the protruding figure-8 wire to fit into
    and kept the whole arm in a sling (they called me the one armed bandit that season). It seemed to
    work pretty well, but I've found making a point of not hitting it on things seems to work the best.
    Carla's suggestion would be much better for riding, I just felt compelled to share my elbow
    destruction story.

    Matt (my elbow now --> http://mattb.net/images/misc/elbow_scar.jpg)

  4. Corvus Corvax wrote:

    > The annoying thing is that I think that I lost another chip off the same spot when I took a header
    > in Tucson last week.
    >
    >CC

    Good god, man!! Pull yourself together!

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?
    >
    > I've had my share of elbow destruction. Here's the ones I use:

    http://shop.foxracing.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Bike&category%5Fname=Kn
    ee+%26++++++++++++++++Elbow+Guards%5F39&product%5Fid=29012

    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I'll second that, as also one with a damaged (chicken) wing. They're comfortable and stay put.
    Though neoprene can be a bit warm.

    Mike

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > ...of my elbow.
    <snip thrashings>
    > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?

    A band-aid?

    JD

  7. [email protected] (JD) wrote ..
    > [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote
    > >
    > <snip thrashings>
    > > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?
    >
    > A band-aid?

    If you have something constructive to add to the conversation, feel

    laughing.

    CC

  8. [email protected].comnospam (Stephen Baker) wrote

    > Did that chip off your elbow finish up on your shoulder, CC?

    Too harsh, I admit. Apologies. I have just gotten really tired of that kind of pointless elitist
    barb from JD. Like he's so tough.

    CC

  9. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Corvus Corvax wrote:
    > ...of my elbow.
    >
    > When I went into the windshield of that pickup truck a few years ago, the only long-term injury I
    > sustained was a chip of bone missing from the end of my elbow. Ever since, you could feel the
    > little jagged spot on the end of my elbow where the bone got chipped. The annoying thing is that I
    > think that I lost another chip off the same spot when I took a header in Tucson last week. If this
    > keeps up, I'm going to do myself some serious damage.
    >
    > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?

    I've got Fox Comp Guards. They're fairly light weight, and are held in place by a lycra
    sleeve on the inside of the arm - no velcro, no straps, which is nice. No hard shell armor,
    and probably not downhill-worthy, but more than enough protection to keep me from knocking
    the points off my elbows, and comfortable enough that I'm willing to wear them in situations
    that seem to warrant a little extra caution.

    Kathleen

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Corvus Corvax <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...of my elbow.
    >
    > When I went into the windshield of that pickup truck a few years ago, the only long-term injury I
    > sustained was a chip of bone missing from the end of my elbow. Ever since, you could feel the
    > little jagged spot on the end of my elbow where the bone got chipped. The annoying thing is that I
    > think that I lost another chip off the same spot when I took a header in Tucson last week. If this
    > keeps up, I'm going to do myself some serious damage.
    >
    > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?

    Shaun aRe - HTH.

  11. [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote
    > Corvus says:
    >
    > >Too harsh, I admit. Apologies.
    >
    > None needed, really, but accepted nonetheless. ;-)

    ...and another troll comes up totally empty. You people are a tough audience these days. Maybe if
    Jer had been there to properly set the hook...

    CC

  12. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote ...and another troll comes up totally empty. You
    > people are a tough audience these days. Maybe if Jer had been there to properly set the hook...

    Maybe it was a barbless hook...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!