I seem to be gradually losing pieces

Corvus Corvax

Guest
...of my elbow.

When I went into the windshield of that pickup truck a few years ago, the only long-term injury I
sustained was a chip of bone missing from the end of my elbow. Ever since, you could feel the little
jagged spot on the end of my elbow where the bone got chipped. The annoying thing is that I think
that I lost another chip off the same spot when I took a header in Tucson last week. If this keeps
up, I'm going to do myself some serious damage.

Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?

CC

> "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?
>
> I've had my share of elbow destruction. Here's the ones I use:

http://shop.foxracing.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Bike&category%5Fname=Knee+%26++++++++++++++++E-
lbow+Guards%5F39&product%5Fid=29012

> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I've also destroyed my elbow. I shattered it skiing (or crashing, really). When I was getting back
out skiing while I still had eight peices of hardware in it I just used a modified skateboard elbow
pad. I put an extra inch of foam in it and cut a notch for the protruding figure-8 wire to fit into
and kept the whole arm in a sling (they called me the one armed bandit that season). It seemed to
work pretty well, but I've found making a point of not hitting it on things seems to work the best.
Carla's suggestion would be much better for riding, I just felt compelled to share my elbow
destruction story.

Matt (my elbow now --> http://mattb.net/images/misc/elbow_scar.jpg)

Corvus Corvax wrote:

> The annoying thing is that I think that I lost another chip off the same spot when I took a header
> in Tucson last week.
>
>CC

Good god, man!! Pull yourself together!

> "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?
>
> I've had my share of elbow destruction. Here's the ones I use:

http://shop.foxracing.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Bike&category%5Fname=Kn
ee+%26++++++++++++++++Elbow+Guards%5F39&product%5Fid=29012

> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I'll second that, as also one with a damaged (chicken) wing. They're comfortable and stay put.
Though neoprene can be a bit warm.

Mike

[email protected] (JD) wrote ..
> [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote
> >
> <snip thrashings>
> > Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?
>
> A band-aid?

If you have something constructive to add to the conversation, feel

laughing.

CC

[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote

> Did that chip off your elbow finish up on your shoulder, CC?

Too harsh, I admit. Apologies. I have just gotten really tired of that kind of pointless elitist
barb from JD. Like he's so tough.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> ...of my elbow.
>
> When I went into the windshield of that pickup truck a few years ago, the only long-term injury I
> sustained was a chip of bone missing from the end of my elbow. Ever since, you could feel the
> little jagged spot on the end of my elbow where the bone got chipped. The annoying thing is that I
> think that I lost another chip off the same spot when I took a header in Tucson last week. If this
> keeps up, I'm going to do myself some serious damage.
>
> Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?

I've got Fox Comp Guards. They're fairly light weight, and are held in place by a lycra
sleeve on the inside of the arm - no velcro, no straps, which is nice. No hard shell armor,
and probably not downhill-worthy, but more than enough protection to keep me from knocking
the points off my elbows, and comfortable enough that I'm willing to wear them in situations
that seem to warrant a little extra caution.

Kathleen

Corvus Corvax <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ...of my elbow.
>
> When I went into the windshield of that pickup truck a few years ago, the only long-term injury I
> sustained was a chip of bone missing from the end of my elbow. Ever since, you could feel the
> little jagged spot on the end of my elbow where the bone got chipped. The annoying thing is that I
> think that I lost another chip off the same spot when I took a header in Tucson last week. If this
> keeps up, I'm going to do myself some serious damage.
>
> Looks like I might need to shop for a nice elbow guard. Any recommendations?

Shaun aRe - HTH.

[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote
> Corvus says:
>
> >Too harsh, I admit. Apologies.
>
> None needed, really, but accepted nonetheless. ;-)

...and another troll comes up totally empty. You people are a tough audience these days. Maybe if
Jer had been there to properly set the hook...

CC