I should be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T_blood

I should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America to
Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck load.
Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some poor sap is
going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB". The best part is that I have to weight and
measure the boxes. Have any idea how much a huffy weighs? Try 50 LBS! Although in my defense I did
receive two (count them) two Cannondale Jekylls last month. I know it isn't much better but at least
you can rate that as a bike.

Trueblood says:

>I should be banned and shunned from AMB.

Quite so. Huffies!?! <shudder>

Consider yourself beyond the pale. Well beyond... ;-(

Steve

PS - yopu may be able to redeem yourself by actually ensuring that those Huff'n'Puffs are
assembled right.

>Subject: I should be banned From: "T_Blood" [email protected] Date: 9/8/2003 2:41 PM Eastern
>Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>I should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America to
>Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck load.
>Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some poor sap is
>going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB". The best part is that I have to weight and
>measure the boxes. Have any idea how much a huffy weighs? Try 50 LBS! Although in my defense I did
>receive two (count them) two Cannondale Jekylls last month. I know it isn't much better but at
>least you can rate that as a bike.
>
I could think of at least ten people that deserve to be banned alot worse then you!

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:41:37 +0200, T_Blood wrote:
> I should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America to
> Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck load.
> Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some poor sap
> is going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB".

Not likely. Most of those will be ridden on the street, if ridden much at all. There are lots of
places in Europe where driving is difficult (but not nearly as difficult as parking), and a
wide-tire bike is a good way to get around. Its not like they need (or even WANT) a high-end
mountain bike for that.

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:52:07 +0000, Stephen Baker did issue forth:

> PS - yopu may be able to redeem yourself by actually ensuring that those Huff'n'Puffs are
> assembled right.

Yeah. 120 of them, should only take a couple of days, right?

Huw

"T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I should be banned and shunned from AMB.

Lined up against a wall and shot more like it. Then again, you should stay around and be forced to
flame the regulars. Reading their responses would likely be a more fitting punishment.
--
Westie

"T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
: I should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America to
: Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck load.
: Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some
poor
: sap is going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB". The best part is that I have to
: weight and measure the boxes. Have any
idea
: how much a huffy weighs? Try 50 LBS! Although in my defense I did receive two (count them) two
: Cannondale
Jekylls
: last month. I know it isn't much better but at least you can rate that as
a
: bike.
:
:

There's a very good use for Huffy bikes.

The Huffy Toss competetion.

--

FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

--

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America to
> Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck load.
> Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some poor sap
> is going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB". The best part is that I have to weight
> and measure the boxes. Have any idea how much a huffy weighs? Try 50 LBS! Although in my defense I
> did receive two (count them) two Cannondale Jekylls last month. I know it isn't much better but at
> least you can rate that as a bike.
>
>
>

I was about to forgive you until you mentioned the Cannondales. Your penance shall be to target a
JDAM on those containers.
--

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:41:37 +0200, T_Blood wrote:
> > I should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America
> > to Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck
> > load. Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some
> > poor sap is going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB".
>
> Not likely. Most of those will be ridden on the street, if ridden much at all. There are lots of
> places in Europe where driving is difficult (but not nearly as difficult as parking), and a
> wide-tire bike is a good way to get around. Its not like they need (or even WANT) a high-end
> mountain bike for that.
>
>
The up side is that 95% of them will be stolen.
--

>
> "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> : I should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America
> : to Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck
> : load. Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some
> poor
> : sap is going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB". The best part is that I have to
> : weight and measure the boxes. Have any
> idea
> : how much a huffy weighs? Try 50 LBS! Although in my defense I did receive two (count them) two
> : Cannondale
> Jekylls
> : last month. I know it isn't much better but at least you can rate that as
> a
> : bike.
> :
> :
>
> There's a very good use for Huffy bikes.
>
> The Huffy Toss competetion.
>
>

Detecting land mines.
--

> Trueblood says:
>
> >I should be banned and shunned from AMB.
>
> Quite so. Huffies!?! <shudder>
>
> Consider yourself beyond the pale. Well beyond... ;-(
>
> Steve
>
> PS - yopu may be able to redeem yourself by actually ensuring that those Huff'n'Puffs are
> assembled right.

So then its lucky for me that I only receive and store them. Assembly takes place after delivery to
the stores. I guess if I felt really bad I could follow and assemble them there. I feel bad, but
not that bad

"> Not likely. Most of those will be ridden on the street, if ridden much at
> all. There are lots of places in Europe where driving is difficult (but not nearly as difficult as
> parking), and a wide-tire bike is a good way to get around. Its not like they need (or even WANT)
> a high-end mountain bike for that.
>
>

Actually I believe Fischer is the preferred bike for that here. Just a euro made Huffy in
my opinion.

> I was about to forgive you until you mentioned the Cannondales. Your penance shall be to target a
> JDAM on those containers.

Well C-Dale is the best I have seen come through us thus far, but I believe those are customer
orders which explains them coming in singles. Would hate to see the price of a truck load of them.

MTBScottie <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: I should be banned From: "T_Blood" [email protected] Date: 9/8/2003 2:41 PM Eastern
> >Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> >
> >I should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America
> >to Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck
> >load. Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some
poor
> >sap is going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB". The best part is that I have to
> >weight and measure the boxes. Have any
idea
> >how much a huffy weighs? Try 50 LBS! Although in my defense I did receive two (count them) two
> >Cannondale
Jekylls
> >last month. I know it isn't much better but at least you can rate that as
a
> >bike.
> >
> I could think of at least ten people that deserve to be banned alot worse
then
> you!

Shaun aRe

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:06:10 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> MTBScottie <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> I could think of at least ten people that deserve to be banned alot worse then you!
>

Of course, you know just wants to get rid of anyone who doesn't make this a mamby-pamby,
happy-wappie, sweet and loving newsgroup. So you're probably on his list. :)

--

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:06:10 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> > MTBScottie <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> >> I could think of at least ten people that deserve to be banned alot
worse
> >> then you!
> >

>
> Of course, you know just wants to get rid of anyone who doesn't make this a mamby-pamby,
> happy-wappie, sweet and loving newsgroup.

He's got more chance of getting rid of his syphalis.

> So you're probably on his list. :)

In which case, I'm flattered. ',;~}~

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:17:44 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>>
>> Of course, you know just wants to get rid of anyone who doesn't make this a mamby-pamby,
>> happy-wappie, sweet and loving newsgroup.
>
> He's got more chance of getting rid of his syphalis.

Hehe. Prolly a good thing you don't know how to spell syphilis off the top of your head.

>> So you're probably on his list. :)
>
> In which case, I'm flattered. ',;~}~

You should be.

--

> should be banned and shunned from AMB. My job requires me to receive merchandise from America to
> Europe for a military retail outlet. Today I received about 600 Huffy bikes, an entire truck
> load. Tomorrow I must receive a truckload more. I was thinking to myself the whole time "some
> poor sap is going to be buying these thinking he is getting a MTB". The best part is that I have
> to weight and measure the boxes. Have any idea how much a huffy weighs? Try 50 LBS! Although in
> my defense I did receive two (count them) two Cannondale Jekylls last month. I know it isn't much
> better but at least you can rate that as a bike.
>

If your just in receiving, that's okay. But if your in ordering...

About 2-3 years ago, I noticed the quality of the bikes in a certain "military retail outlet" was
about 95% walmart quality. That corresponds with the selection of upgrade/repair products that they
also stock. If you are responsible for this in any way, you are shunned.

Your punishment is to order a shipment of Titus/Rocky Mountain/Specialized/Kona/Satan Cruz or even
something from Trek/GF/Klein cycles. Ship them to Mainz-Kastell and let me know when they're in.

nk

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:17:44 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >>
> >> Of course, you know just wants to get rid of anyone who doesn't make
this
> >> a mamby-pamby, happy-wappie, sweet and loving newsgroup.
> >
> > He's got more chance of getting rid of his syphalis.
>
> Hehe. Prolly a good thing you don't know how to spell syphilis off the top of your head.

You can get it on your head? ',;~}~

> >> So you're probably on his list. :)
> >
> > In which case, I'm flattered. ',;~}~
>
> You should be.

True, true.......

Shaun aRe

Status
Not open for further replies.