I snapped my frame!!

Friday wrote:

> Painting expensive? ***********, it's only to stop the metal rusting.
> Brush a bit of grey galvanising paint of the exposed areas and it'll
> last for ever. Pretty paint won't make you any faster.
>
> Friday

Proper painting is expensive, a spraycan like this is not!

The seat tube paint was burnt removing a stuck seat post and the chain
stay (drive side) cracked right near the lug.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46435249@N00/190049974/

Parbs wrote:
> Friday wrote:
> <snip>
>>

>> Pretty paint won't make you any faster.
>>

> Surely you jest!! It's a well known fact red bikes are faster.
>
> Parbs

Its certainly what my gf Kathy is counting on :)

PiledHigher said:
Friday wrote:
> Painting expensive? ***********, it's only to stop the metal rusting.
> Brush a bit of grey galvanising paint of the exposed areas and it'll
> last for ever. Pretty paint won't make you any faster.

Proper painting is expensive, a spraycan like this is not!

The seat tube paint was burnt removing a stuck seat post and the chain
stay (drive side) cracked right near the lug.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46435249@N00/190049974/

This is the GT.. it was built for abuse. No, wait, I mean, 'I' was built to abuse the GT :)

I'm not worried about the finish. It's rusting in spots already from scrapes and stuff. Just surface rust. I had a painful day today at work so I'm going to use that to justify a slack off tomorrow and try and find a welder in London.

Maybe Condor will give me a discount if I get them to weld the GT and buy a bike from 'em? ;-)

PH: I reckon the paint job on this one is a better example.. ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46435249@N00/175362280/in/photostream/

hippy