I still hate the Cutters in France

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by chiefhiawatha, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. They have their own TV show now. It cannot
    get any worse. I'm spitting out the word cutter.

    Tags:

  2. TM

    TM Guest

    "chiefhiawatha" <chie[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > They have their own TV show now. It cannot
    > get any worse. I'm spitting out the word cutter.

    AMEN.

  3. KSManning

    KSManning Guest

    "chiefhiawatha" wrote:

    > They have their own TV show now. It cannot
    > get any worse. I'm spitting out the word cutter.

    It can get worse... Their daily show is two hours- TWO HOURS. Tell me
    that's not worse...

  4. marathoner52

    marathoner52 Guest

    just why is everyone so down on the cutters? i quite frankly find them
    amusing.
    "KSManning" <[email protected]_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "chiefhiawatha" wrote:
    >
    > > They have their own TV show now. It cannot
    > > get any worse. I'm spitting out the word cutter.

    > It can get worse... Their daily show is two hours- TWO HOURS. Tell me
    > that's not worse...

  5. Mark Janeba

    Mark Janeba Guest

    KSManning wrote:
    > "chiefhiawatha" wrote:
    >

    >>They have their own TV show now. It cannot
    >>get any worse. I'm spitting out the word cutter.

    > It can get worse... Their daily show is two hours- TWO HOURS. Tell me
    > that's not worse...

    Silly man*, I'll tell you how it could be far worse - we could have the
    cutter stuff smack in the middle of the live coverage. Be grateful!

    We can ignore the travelogues if we want, or enjoy them if we're
    inclined - and still have more live, actual-racing-on-the-screen
    coverage than we've ever had before in the states.

    Mark Janeba

    (* - polite form of "dumbass", RBR put-down of choice)

  6. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

    "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > They have their own TV show now. It cannot
    > get any worse. I'm spitting out the word cutter.

    At least we'll get to see Hans Rey doing some insane trials type stuff. Oh
    yeah, and Gum in tight sweaters.....

  7. TM

    TM Guest

    "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > At least we'll get to see Hans Rey doing some insane trials type stuff. Oh
    > yeah, and Gum in tight sweaters.....

    and drunk.

  8. keydates

    keydates Guest

    Sorry for the ignorance, but who/what exactly, are the Cutters?

    --

  9. Gooserider

    Gooserider Guest

    "keydates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Sorry for the ignorance, but who/what exactly, are the Cutters?

    Originally they were the hometown bike team who won the Little 500 in the
    film "Breaking Away", but you knew that. Now the term refers to 4 nerds
    wearing "Cutters" t-shirts who have a show on OLN. It's pathetic, actually.

  10. Possibility: The Cutters have served as mules for US Postal over the
    past few years - thereby insuring that no doping products are ever found
    on a Team Postal employee. Unfortunately, this relationship may get more
    attention from the gendarmes now that OLN has put these guys in the
    limelight.

    just a thought

  11. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 02:47:10 GMT, [email protected]
    (chiefhiawatha) wrote:

    >They have their own TV show now. It cannot
    >get any worse. I'm spitting out the word cutter.

    Fortunately my TV came with a channel selector...and an on/off switch.

  12. KSManning

    KSManning Guest

    Sillier Man**

    ** take it to rec.bicycles.racing.eighth.grade.insults. Meet you there!

    "Mark Janeba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:cpCFc.18190$%[email protected]_s01...
    > Silly man*, I'll tell you how it could be far worse - we could have the
    > cutter stuff smack in the middle of the live coverage. Be grateful!
    >
    > We can ignore the travelogues if we want, or enjoy them if we're
    > inclined - and still have more live, actual-racing-on-the-screen
    > coverage than we've ever had before in the states.
    >
    > Mark Janeba
    >
    > (* - polite form of "dumbass", RBR put-down of choice)

  13. lancefan

    lancefan Guest

    I think the Cutters are funny and add some amusement to the TDF. Its
    like Saturday Night Live meets cycling...coverage is improving w/ every
    year..quit your bitchin..

    --

  14. s

    s Guest

    Thankfully they are only on for few minutes at a time. Then they get
    to the racing action. Geez, whoever thought these guys were a good
    idea should be canned. I would MUCH rather have Kirsten give more
    facts and guides through the tour area. It's kind of nice to see the
    area around where they race. I certainly will never be able to afford
    to see it in person.