I think i found a pic of my first bike

erook7878

Apr 26, 2016
I'm 100% certain my first bike was a Huffy. I'm 98% sure the bike had flames on it. I'm about 95% sure it was the hot rod pictured here. Hot rod came up on my mind and I found this picture after searching it on google.
r_46.jpg

Wow, you had really cool first bike. I had to share mine with my sister. It was thought mostly for her and only when I grew up a bit more did I get one just for myself. It could have been worse, I have a old friend of mine that his first bike was a girls bike. It even had a basket in the front and everything his dad bought it on a sale. lol
Poor guy.

That's a pretty classic bike. Mine was way worse that that one, but it was sufficient to learn and make a few rides around the block. I actually miss that hahaha

Nice bike man! I remember my first bike was just a little tricycle learning how to even bike straight lol! The good times.

moto.blue.jpg
My first "road" bike. !97-something Motobecane Nomade or Mirage (not my actual bike but a close copy). Forgot which. It had the DT shifters, but not the QR on the front hub. Note the Schrader rims. And how is it free-standing you ask? Kickstand. :D

Nice bike man! I remember my first bike was just a little tricycle learning how to even bike straight lol! The good times.
I forgot about that. Then that was my first bike. I remember spending hours on end riding it up and down with out stop. I nearly had to be dragged out of it.

A classic looker bike you got once. You can indeed find a desired picture of anything by only a few search with google engine. My first bike was a red one with green stripes, I assembled it myself with my father and uncle.
Also was a multi velocity bike. But the tires didn't last too long.

I'm 100% certain my first bike was a Huffy. I'm 98% sure the bike had flames on it. I'm about 95% sure it was the hot rod pictured here. Hot rod came up on my mind and I found this picture after searching it on google.
r_46.jpg
Loved your bike. It looks beautiful and I loved the image.

View attachment 1646 My first "road" bike. !97-something Motobecane Nomade or Mirage (not my actual bike but a close copy). Forgot which. It had the DT shifters, but not the QR on the front hub. Note the Schrader rims. And how is it free-standing you ask? Kickstand. :D
Wow! Loved this one. The combination of design and colour is awesome. What's the full name of this one?

Wow! Loved this one. The combination of design and colour is awesome. What's the full name of this one?

The bike in the photo is a Motobecane Super Mirage. I chose that because mine was the same color, and except for the QR lever on the front hub, had the same components. I can't remember whether my bike was a Mirage or a Nomade, but I'm leaning towards a Mirage because I have never seen a photo of a Nomade with downtube shifters. Only stem shifters. I know mine had downtube shifters. It also had Schrader valve rims, like the one in the picture, and it came standard with a kick stand. The Nomade and Mirage were both what we'd call "entry level" bikes today, and were pretty heavy--close to 30 lbs. The better Motobecane models were the Le Champion and the Grand Record. The Motobecane bikes sold today are not the same--the original French company went bankrupt and the name was sold to Bikes Direct, who now sell the brand. It's their "flagship" brand. Most of the frames are built in China and Taiwan now--like almost all other bikes.