I think I goofed today!!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Wannablean, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school. It included a cup of 2%
    milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I innocently assumed one
    cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria doesn't add any fat, just a
    little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many eggs equals one cup,
    but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS??? With no added fat???
    What a jolt!!!

    Tags:

  2. I am not sure of the count but I do understand your upset, like my 18 point
    late' man was I glad it was the end of the week and I had flex points,
    WannaBLean <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school.
    It
    > included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I
    > innocently
    assumed
    > one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria
    doesn't
    > add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many eggs
    > equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS??? With
    > no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

  3. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01C3D67A.EF538C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    I hate it when that happens. Don't get to down about it, no one is = perfect and you will have
    plenty of time to make it up. Kristine "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our
    cafeteria at school. = It included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup
    of scrambled eggs. I innocently = assumed one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the
    cafeteria = doesn't add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation
    for how many eggs equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup
    of EGGS??? With no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

    ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01C3D67A.EF538C10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hate it when that happens. Don't get = to down=20 about it, no
    one is perfect and you will have plenty of time to make it=20 up.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kristine</FONT></DIV>
    <>"WannaBLean" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> wrote in =
    message <A=20 href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]=
    supernews.com</A>...</DIV>This=20 morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at
    school.=20 It<BR>included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.)<BR>1 small biscuit (4 pts) = and one=20
    cup of scrambled eggs. I innocently assumed<BR>one cup of scrambled eggs = would=20 be low in
    points since the cafeteria doesn't<BR>add any fat, just a = little bit=20 of milk. Well, I
    can't find anywhere an<BR>equation for how many eggs = equals one=20 cup, but if my
    calculations are<BR>correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup = of=20 EGGS???<BR>With no added
    fat??? What a jolt!!!<BR><BR></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01C3D67A.EF538C10--

  4. Frood

    Frood Guest

    I did the exact same thing when I first joined. I was on vacation, and didn't have access to the
    online info. I decided to have a "healthy" breakfast each day, and had 2 eggs, toast and a large
    orange juice! I was stunned when I got back home and checked out what I ate.

    Well, either I had been eating so badly before, or maybe it was all the walking we did, I still
    managed to lose weight that first week.

    I know more now, and I try to make good choices. But, goofs still happen, and I just go on
    from there.

    Hang in there, WannaBe! You can do this one step at a time. :)

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

    "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school.
    It
    > included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I
    > innocently
    assumed
    > one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria
    doesn't
    > add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many eggs
    > equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS??? With
    > no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

  5. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Oops! My points tracker says 10.5 for 1 cup of scrambled eggs.

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    [email protected]

    225/190/145

    "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school.
    It
    > included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I
    > innocently
    assumed
    > one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria
    doesn't
    > add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many eggs
    > equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS??? With
    > no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

  6. Stan

    Stan Guest

    A US large egg is about 1/4 cup, and 2 points, so that sounds about right.

    Lessons learned... :)

    Stan

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:48:03 -0600, "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school. It included a cup of 2%
    >milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I innocently assumed one
    >cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria doesn't add any fat, just a
    >little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many eggs equals one cup, but
    >if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS??? With no added fat??? What
    >a jolt!!!

  7. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Just do not get down... We all will make some type of mistake like that sooner or later.... Thanks
    for the flex points...

    Charlie..

    "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school.
    It
    > included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I
    > innocently
    assumed
    > one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria
    doesn't
    > add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many eggs
    > equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS??? With
    > no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

  8. Uh Oh! Eggs can be one of those things that you really have to watch, especially scrambled eggs as
    they are mostly measured by the scoop/cup. WW Online lists 1 cup of scrambled eggs at 10.5 points!
    --
    Brenda
    209/178/150 RafL goal 165

    "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school.
    It
    > included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I
    > innocently
    assumed
    > one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria
    doesn't
    > add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many eggs
    > equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS??? With
    > no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

  9. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    Thankfully, I didn't go over my limit, even with the eggs!! Thanks to all of
    you for your wonderful support. I don't weigh till Monday so the weekend is
    going to be a challenge as we tend to eat out on weekends. I'm going to
    stick to baked chicken breasts and salads and I have a Smart Ones treat
    waiting on me in the freezer for Monday night as a reward for being good!
    LOL
    "frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I did the exact same thing when I first joined. I was on vacation, and didn't have access to the
    > online info. I decided to have a "healthy" breakfast each day, and had 2 eggs, toast and a large
    > orange juice! I was stunned when I got back home and checked out what I ate.
    >
    > Well, either I had been eating so badly before, or maybe it was all the walking we did, I still
    > managed to lose weight that first week.
    >
    > I know more now, and I try to make good choices. But, goofs still happen, and I just go on
    > from there.
    >
    > Hang in there, WannaBe! You can do this one step at a time. :)
    >
    > --
    > Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply
    >

    > "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school.
    > It
    > > included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I
    > > innocently
    > assumed
    > > one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria
    > doesn't
    > > add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many
    > > eggs equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS???
    > > With no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

  10. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    Ain't THAT the truth!
    "Stan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A US large egg is about 1/4 cup, and 2 points, so that sounds about right.
    >
    > Lessons learned... :)
    >
    > Stan
    >

    > On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:48:03 -0600, "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school.
    It
    > >included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I
    > >innocently
    assumed
    > >one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria
    doesn't
    > >add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many eggs
    > >equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS??? With
    > >no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

  11. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Yikes! That's why I now ask for egg beaters whenever I eat eggs out. Too many points.

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Uh Oh! Eggs can be one of those things that you really have to watch, especially scrambled eggs as
    > they are mostly measured by the scoop/cup.
    WW
    > Online lists 1 cup of scrambled eggs at 10.5 points!
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/178/150 RafL goal 165
    >
    > "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > This morning I bought a tray for breakfast from our cafeteria at school.
    > It
    > > included a cup of 2% milk, ( 3 pts.) 1 small biscuit (4 pts) and one cup of scrambled eggs. I
    > > innocently
    > assumed
    > > one cup of scrambled eggs would be low in points since the cafeteria
    > doesn't
    > > add any fat, just a little bit of milk. Well, I can't find anywhere an equation for how many
    > > eggs equals one cup, but if my calculations are correct, I blew SEVEN points on a cup of EGGS???
    > > With no added fat??? What a jolt!!!

  12. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    news:[email protected]...