I think I Saw the Perfect Trail Bike Today

Loomer

Guest
I ran into a guy who was riding a Foes FXR with a Maverick
fork. It weighed under 30 for sure but the guy said 26. Very
stiff... took 5' drops no problem... really looked like it
could handle 12" with a good tranny.

Now I am thinking about not getting a trials bike but
getting the Maverick forks for my Bullit.....

loomer wrote:

> I ran into a guy who was riding a Foes FXR with a Maverick
> fork. It weighed under 30 for sure but the guy said 26.
> Very stiff... took 5' drops no problem... really looked
> like it could handle 12" with a good tranny.

Not too many bikes can handle a *12"er* even with a tranny!

> Now I am thinking about not getting a trials bike but
> getting the Maverick forks for my Bullit.....

;-)

Foes makes some kick-ass stuff.
--
Slacker

> loomer wrote:
>
> > I ran into a guy who was riding a Foes FXR with a
> > Maverick fork. It
weighed
> > under 30 for sure but the guy said 26. Very stiff...
> > took 5' drops no problem... really looked like it could
> > handle 12" with a good tranny.
>
> Not too many bikes can handle a *12"er* even with a
> tranny!
>
> > Now I am thinking about not getting a trials bike but
> > getting the
Maverick
> > forks for my Bullit.....
> >

> ;-)
>
> Foes makes some kick-ass stuff.
> --
> Slacker

Ya you are probly right... but the bike rolled solid enough
to go well beyond 6'.

I am still just in awe, the fxr ruled!

LoomerMBV wrote:

> Ya you are probly right... but the bike rolled solid
> enough to go well beyond 6'.
>
> I am still just in awe, the fxr ruled!

Golly gosh... you missed the joke. You wrote 12 inches
(12"), not 12'.

--
Slacker

> LoomerMBV wrote:
>
> > Ya you are probly right... but the bike rolled solid
> > enough to go well beyond 6'.
> >
> > I am still just in awe, the fxr ruled!
> >

> Golly gosh... you missed the joke. You wrote 12 inches
> (12"), not 12'.
>
> --
> Slacker

Duh! Sorry sometimes I miss these things ;-)

"loomer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I ran into a guy who was riding a Foes FXR with a Maverick
> fork. It
weighed
> under 30 for sure but the guy said 26. Very stiff... took
> 5' drops no problem... really looked like it could handle
> 12" with a good tranny.
>
> Now I am thinking about not getting a trials bike but
> getting the Maverick forks for my Bullit.....

Only an idiot would consider pounding a 3.75 pomud XC DC
fork with 12' drops.

It's an XC fork, not a freeride fork.

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "loomer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:QjPwc.1-
> [email protected]...
> > I ran into a guy who was riding a Foes FXR with a
> > Maverick fork. It
> weighed
> > under 30 for sure but the guy said 26. Very stiff...
> > took 5' drops no problem... really looked like it could
> > handle 12" with a good tranny.
> >
> > Now I am thinking about not getting a trials bike but
> > getting the Maverick forks for my Bullit.....
>
> Only an idiot would consider pounding a 3.75 pomud XC DC
> fork with 12' drops.

Our pal "loomer" has already proven that he's just another
doofus dewbie wannabe. He'll probably break his santa crud
******** really soon here.

JD

> "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
> <[email protected]> wrote
in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "loomer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:QjPwc-
> > [email protected]...
> > > I ran into a guy who was riding a Foes FXR with a
> > > Maverick fork. It
> > weighed
> > > under 30 for sure but the guy said 26. Very stiff...
> > > took 5' drops no problem... really looked like it
> > > could handle 12" with a good tranny.
> > >
> > > Now I am thinking about not getting a trials bike but
> > > getting the
Maverick
> > > forks for my Bullit.....
> >
> > Only an idiot would consider pounding a 3.75 pomud XC
> > DC fork with 12' drops.
>
> Our pal "loomer" has already proven that he's just another
> doofus dewbie wannabe. He'll probably break his santa crud
> ******** really soon here.
>
> JD

Guys simmer down nah!

simmah dahoown nahh

simmah dah nahh

simmer down now.

A 12' drop with a good tranny and a skilled rider with
finesse could easily be done with the maverick.

Actually ran into the guy today again and he was up to the
8' ladder drop no probs.

yes 4' more is exponentially greater but... I was just
attesting to my great impression of this fork especially
with the Foes frame!

Now...

SIMMAH DAH NAH!