I thought I was a True Cyclist (tm)

audrey

Guest
Out and about today, I saw someone cycling by who looked, esp in
helmet and shades, very like a friend of mine. Then I realised it
couldn't be X, because it wasn't one of his bikes or anything like a
bike he owns (X is a roadie and this was v upmarket mtb). For a
moment I felt like a True Cyclist. Then I realised if I were a true
True Cyclist, I would have looked to the bike before the person
aboard.

"audrey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Out and about today, I saw someone cycling by who looked, esp in
> helmet and shades, very like a friend of mine. Then I realised it
> couldn't be X, because it wasn't one of his bikes or anything like a
> bike he owns (X is a roadie and this was v upmarket mtb). For a
> moment I felt like a True Cyclist. Then I realised if I were a true
> True Cyclist, I would have looked to the bike before the person
> aboard.

In a related note - in the back end of 2003 I was getting out on my MTB
quite a bit in preparation for a ride across
Nepal. Whilst pottering about the high street I noticed an exceptionally
pretty girl riding past on a bike - my thoughts as she passed? "Hmm - nice
forks"... perhaps it can get a bit obsessive...

Graham

"audrey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Out and about today, I saw someone cycling by who looked, esp in
> helmet and shades, very like a friend of mine. Then I realised it
> couldn't be X, because it wasn't one of his bikes or anything like a
> bike he owns (X is a roadie and this was v upmarket mtb). For a
> moment I felt like a True Cyclist. Then I realised if I were a true
> True Cyclist, I would have looked to the bike before the person
> aboard.

One only becomes a True Cyclist once one has fallen and acquired a liberal
smattering of festering road rash on their personage.

Cheers, helen s

On Tue, 17 May 2005 12:54:53 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be "Graham
Dean" <[email protected]> wrote this:-

>In a related note - in the back end of 2003 I was getting out on my MTB
>quite a bit in preparation for a ride across
>Nepal. Whilst pottering about the high street I noticed an exceptionally
>pretty girl riding past on a bike - my thoughts as she passed? "Hmm - nice
>forks"... perhaps it can get a bit obsessive...

An obsessive person would not notice the appearance of a rider.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

wafflycat wrote:

> "audrey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Out and about today, I saw someone cycling by who looked, esp in
>> helmet and shades, very like a friend of mine. Then I realised it
>> couldn't be X, because it wasn't one of his bikes or anything like a
>> bike he owns (X is a roadie and this was v upmarket mtb). For a
>> moment I felt like a True Cyclist. Then I realised if I were a true
>> True Cyclist, I would have looked to the bike before the person
>> aboard.

> One only becomes a True Cyclist once one has fallen and acquired a
> liberal smattering of festering road rash on their personage.
>
> Cheers, helen s

I have some road rash scars to be proud of following 2 crashes at the
latter part of 2004, but I still notice a female on a bike, albeit
second to the make and model of what's between her legs (no pun intended).

Guess I must try harder. Guess I wont succeed. Guess I won't be too
bothered :)

--
Mark

Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before