I thought I would make your day / night

giannip

Jul 7, 2005
After a December of

1) cold
2) stomach bug
3) flu

+ rest period where I didn't even have the energy to think about cycling, I just started up CP and my CTL is at an awe inspiring 18.1

Just thought I would make someone's day in case THEY thought they were having training "issues" :D

Just to add to the fun....

Last season was a total loss after getting hit by a pickup truck in April. When I started training again earlier this month, CTL was 0.2. I'm up to 18.5 today! :cool:

frenchyge said:
Just to add to the fun....

Last season was a total loss after getting hit by a pickup truck in April. When I started training again earlier this month, CTL was 0.2. I'm up to 18.5 today! :cool:
We've all been there.
I was zero in June. I reckon mine was a pretty well established zero as well. :p

Alex Simmons said:
We've all been there.
I was zero in June. I reckon mine was a pretty well established zero as well. :p
Since we are all sharing I went from a high of 75.5 in June to 10.7 after being promoted in September and moving to California. Here's to getting back into the swing. I am up to 22.3 after 2 weeks of consistent riding inside.

I don't know what mine is now, but my motivation has sure dropped since I started sleeping at the parent's place......

giannip said:
After a December of

1) cold
2) stomach bug
3) flu

+ rest period where I didn't even have the energy to think about cycling, I just started up CP and my CTL is at an awe inspiring 18.1

Just thought I would make someone's day in case THEY thought they were having training "issues" :D
wewre

so from a low of 10 I've now started again and after 2 spins I'm @ 10.9

wohooooo, I'm back! :)

giannip said:
so from a low of 10 I've now started again and after 2 spins I'm @ 10.9

wohooooo, I'm back! :)
Dang 9% CTL increase in 2 days! Whoa down there boy, don't wanna overtrain ;)

Good on ya for getting back on the bike. Ya gotta start somewhere and it'll come back faster than you probably expect. Now that Tyson's gone AWOL and Alex is well into his recovery to race form we could use a good motivational saga. How about keeping us posted along with the occasional data to keep jsirabella happy:D

-Dave

I mis-represented myself. I have done 2 training sessions BUT with 2 rest days between them :) as you say...easy does it!

I will most certainly post my progress. I think this may also help me by people hopefully picking up on mistakes I may be making. E.g. Ramp rate too fast etc

giannip said:
I mis-represented myself. I have done 2 training sessions BUT with 2 rest days between them :) as you say...easy does it!

I will most certainly post my progress. I think this may also help me by people hopefully picking up on mistakes I may be making. E.g. Ramp rate too fast etc
Stick with it.
Consistency has significant rewards.