I thought this was Cardiology

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Balsey, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Balsey

    Balsey Guest

    I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung & Maharaj
    & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If any
    one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery suvivor
    to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with real
    problems take care & look after your-self .
    Balsey

    Tags:

  2. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    "Balsey" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung & Maharaj
    >& Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    >about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If any
    >one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery suvivor
    >to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with real
    >problems take care & look after your-self .
    >Balsey

    I think the people that visit this newsgroup looking for information
    on Heart problems are a very small minority at this point.

    Bob

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Bob Cardone" <[email protected]!mindspring.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Balsey" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung &

    Maharaj
    > >& Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    > >about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If any
    > >one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery

    suvivor
    > >to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with real
    > >problems take care & look after your-self .
    > >Balsey
    > >

    > I think the people that visit this newsgroup looking for information
    > on Heart problems are a very small minority at this point.
    >
    > Bob

    If true, that is very sad. There are several people here ready, willing, and
    able to give out any information that they have. That is what usenet is
    supposed to be about.

    Bill
    Bill

  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 6:20:04 -0400, Bill wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > "Bob Cardone" <[email protected]!mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> "Balsey" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung &

    > Maharaj
    >>> & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    >>> about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If
    >>> any
    >>> one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery

    > suvivor
    >>> to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with real
    >>> problems take care & look after your-self .
    >>> Balsey
    >>>

    >> I think the people that visit this newsgroup looking for information
    >> on Heart problems are a very small minority at this point.
    >>
    >> Bob

    > If true, that is very sad. There are several people here ready, willing, and
    > able to give out any information that they have. That is what usenet is
    > supposed to be about.

    I haven't seen anyone ask for help that didn't get it. I think what you are
    seeing is the impact of the general decline in the usage of usenet. Estimates
    I have seen put usenet usage at 1% of all internet subscribers. Most people
    I talk to don't have any idea that it even exists. That is a pity because it
    is truly a wonderful resource that can provide access to information and
    people which no other format provides.

    Every group has it's share of kooks. When the general usage of the group goes
    down, the proportion of posts by and in response to the kooks goes up. There
    is also the phenomenon of boredom... when no one is posting anything
    on-topic, people naturally fill the vacuum with off-topic posts.

    The last I looked there are 60,000+ groups on usenet and most of them are
    either empty or filled with spam. The groups that appear to be successful and
    sustainable have been able to form a community where the people know one
    another not only through usenet.

    I don't think there is a Gresham's Law for usenet: "bad" posts don't drive
    out "good" posts. Simply killfiling them or ignoring them makes them go away.
    However, there is probably some critical threshold for the size of the
    community to sustain it.

    There is probably a scholarly paper or a book in here somewhere. A forum
    where there is the possibility of absolutely free and, if desired, anonymous
    speech with no apparent ability to enforce sanctions. Kind of like a "Tragedy
    of the Commons". How is it that some such "virtual communities" can thrive
    while others whither?

    Steve

  5. Bob Pastorio

    Bob Pastorio Guest

    Balsey wrote:
    > I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung & Maharaj
    > & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    > about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If any
    > one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery suvivor
    > to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with real
    > problems take care & look after your-self .
    > Balsey

    I'm a heart patient as well. I came here because of Mu's and Chung's
    crossposting, spamming and trolling.

    Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    can't eliminate them for very long.

    Like everything in life, there's trash with the gold. Use the filters
    your newsreader permits. It'll cut down the numbers of posts to slog
    through and keep stuff focussed to suit you.

    Pastorio

  6. Bob Pastorio wrote:

    > Balsey wrote:
    > > I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung & Maharaj
    > > & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    > > about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If any
    > > one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery suvivor
    > > to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with real
    > > problems take care & look after your-self .
    > > Balsey

    > I'm a heart patient as well. I came here because of Mu's and Chung's
    > crossposting, spamming and trolling.

    Be truthful, Mr. Pastorio. This has become an obsession for you, hasn't it?

    > Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    > Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    > try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    > can't eliminate them for very long.

    Should be easy for you to provide one Google cite where I change my identity, Mr.
    Pastorio.

    Why aren't you able to?

    Forgot about truth again, eh, Mr. Pastorio?

    > Like everything in life, there's trash with the gold. Use the filters
    > your newsreader permits. It'll cut down the numbers of posts to slog
    > through and keep stuff focussed to suit you.
    >
    > Pastorio

    You still have my pity.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  7. Jim Horne

    Jim Horne Guest

    "Bob Pastorio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    :
    : I'm a heart patient as well. I came here because of Mu's and Chung's
    : crossposting, spamming and trolling.
    :
    : Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    : Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    : try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    : can't eliminate them for very long.
    :
    results from NETSCAN

    http://tinyurl.com/nk2n

  8. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:31:19 -0400, Jim Horne wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > "Bob Pastorio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    >> Balsey wrote:
    >>> I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung &

    > Maharaj
    >>> & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    >>> about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If

    > any
    >>> one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery

    > suvivor
    >>> to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with

    > real
    >>> problems take care & look after your-self .
    >>> Balsey

    >> I'm a heart patient as well. I came here because of Mu's and Chung's
    >> crossposting, spamming and trolling.
    >>
    >> Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    >> Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    >> try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    >> can't eliminate them for very long.
    >>

    > results from NETSCAN
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/nk2n

    Thanks, Jim. Very interesting. And it actually *understates* Chung's
    dominance of the posts since he has used three different mutations over the
    period covered.

    Steve

  9. JMDO

    JMDO Guest

    Like you, I am dealing with cardio vascular disease. I've submitted serious
    queries to this group in the past and have had no response! It seems that
    the childish bickering between several little boys has taken priority over
    human suffering. Like you, I am also giving up on this group. I only wish
    that there was a group available that takes heart disease seriously.

    "Balsey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung &

    Maharaj
    > & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    > about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If

    any
    > one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery

    suvivor
    > to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with real
    > problems take care & look after your-self .
    > Balsey

  10. M_unitions

    M_unitions Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:40:16 GMT, "JMDO" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Like you, I am dealing with cardio vascular disease. I've submitted serious
    >queries to this group in the past and have had no response! It seems that
    >the childish bickering between several little boys has taken priority over
    >human suffering. Like you, I am also giving up on this group. I only wish
    >that there was a group available that takes heart disease seriously.

    I pasted your email address and your name into Google and came up with
    zippo.

    I would be happy to have you Google your questions and see if they get
    a response this time.

  11. On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:15:07 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]t>
    wrote:

    >> Tell us more about that. What part of your diet, as a chef you would
    >> know, what parts of your diet did you in?

    >Here you are an "expert" in cardiac conditions and coronary health in
    >general? Did you decide all by yourself that this is true or have you
    >had help formulating the "Dr. Fishbone Nothing" theory of coronary
    >conditions?

    I repeat.

    Tell us more about your coronary disease. What part of your diet, as a
    chef you would know, what parts of your diet did you in? Almost
    killing yourself?

    >> Why didn't you exercise since you claim to have known better?

    > Do you know if I'm a member of
    >a health club? Do you know what sorts of exercise equipment I use at
    >home? Do you know if I run. Do you know if I swim in a lap pool or in
    >the Shenandoah River. Do you know if I have a bicycle? Do I sky dive?
    >Camping? Hiking? Can you answer any of these questions, M_ullet?

    No, that's why I am asking you.

    So answer them.

    Why didn't you exercise since you claim to have known better?

    >> Why did you nearly kill yourself at your own hands?

    >On the contrary, I saved myself by recognizing the symptoms that
    >afflicted both sides of my family before me. I'm still alive and most
    >of them aren't. Bad history, good behavior.

    You have a serious, life threatening cardiac condition caused, most
    probably, by poor choices of diet and exercise. I hear you smoked too.

    Why did you nearly kill yourself at your own hands?

    Let's get back OT.

    >Note that I'm very much alive still and still here puncturing the hot
    >air balloon you are.

    Good for you.

    Back OT.

    Tell us more about your coronary disease. What part of your diet, as a
    chef you would know, what parts of your diet did you in? Almost
    killing yourself? Why did you nearly kill yourself at your own hands?

  12. Jim Horne wrote:

    > "Bob Pastorio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    > : Balsey wrote:
    > : > I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung &
    > Maharaj
    > : > & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    > : > about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If
    > any
    > : > one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery
    > suvivor
    > : > to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with
    > real
    > : > problems take care & look after your-self .
    > : > Balsey
    > :
    > : I'm a heart patient as well. I came here because of Mu's and Chung's
    > : crossposting, spamming and trolling.
    > :
    > : Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    > : Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    > : try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    > : can't eliminate them for very long.
    > :
    > results from NETSCAN
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/nk2n

    Thanks for proving the baselessness of Mr. Pastorio's accusations.

    --

  13. Steve wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:31:19 -0400, Jim Horne wrote
    > (in message <[email protected]>):
    >

    > > "Bob Pastorio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:eek:[email protected]

    > > Maharaj

    > > any

    > > suvivor

    > > real
    > >>
    > >> I'm a heart patient as well. I came here because of Mu's and Chung's
    > >> crossposting, spamming and trolling.
    > >>
    > >> Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    > >> Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    > >> try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    > >> can't eliminate them for very long.
    > >>

    > > results from NETSCAN
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/nk2n
    > >

    > Thanks, Jim. Very interesting. And it actually *understates* Chung's
    > dominance of the posts since he has used three different mutations over the
    > period covered.
    >
    > Steve

    Truth is hardly an understatement.

    Last I checked, my email remains the same its been for at least 2 years.

    --

  14. JMDO wrote:

    > Like you, I am dealing with cardio vascular disease. I've submitted serious
    > queries to this group in the past and have had no response!

    You could always email me your query.

    > It seems that
    > the childish bickering between several little boys has taken priority over
    > human suffering. Like you, I am also giving up on this group. I only wish
    > that there was a group available that takes heart disease seriously.

    Feel free to visit the HeartMDPhD.com chat room, then.

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/chat.asp

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  15. Jim Horne

    Jim Horne Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    :
    : > : Balsey wrote:
    : > : > I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung &
    : > Maharaj
    : > : > & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is
    all
    : > : > about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions.
    If
    : > any
    : > : > one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery
    : > suvivor
    : > : > to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with
    : > real
    : > : > problems take care & look after your-self .
    : > : > Balsey
    : > :
    : > : I'm a heart patient as well. I came here because of Mu's and Chung's
    : > : crossposting, spamming and trolling.
    : > :
    : > : Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    : > : Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    : > : try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    : > : can't eliminate them for very long.
    : > :
    : > results from NETSCAN
    : >
    : > http://tinyurl.com/nk2n
    :
    : Thanks for proving the baselessness of Mr. Pastorio's accusations.
    :
    I didn't prove anything...

  16. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:50:01 -0400, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    >> Thanks, Jim. Very interesting. And it actually *understates* Chung's
    >> dominance of the posts since he has used three different mutations over the
    >> period covered.
    >>
    >> Steve

    > Truth is hardly an understatement.
    >
    > Last I checked, my email remains the same its been for at least 2 years.

    True to form, Chung. Once again the disingenuous, misleading psuedo-answer.
    Your email address has nothing to do with it... but you knew that, right? The
    posts are not categorized by your email address but by the "handle" you use
    to post. Here are at least three you have used recently (source Netscan)

    Thru 7/31/2003

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> 809 posts
    [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) 372 posts
    [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) *
    * (results not yet available on netscan)

    total Chung posts 1,181 posts +
    nearst competitor ([email protected]) 103 posts

    >>> Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    >>> Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    >>> try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    >>> can't eliminate them for very long.
    >>>

    >> results from NETSCAN
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/nk2n

    > Thanks for proving the baselessness of Mr. Pastorio's accusations.

    Only on Planet Chung could these statitistics prove the "baselessness of Mr.
    Pastorio's accusations"

    Steve

    > Steve wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:31:19 -0400, Jim Horne wrote
    >> (in message <[email protected]>):
    >>

    >>> "Bob Pastorio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:eek:[email protected]
    >>> Maharaj
    >>> any
    >>> suvivor
    >>> real

    >>> results from NETSCAN
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/nk2n
    >>>

    >> Thanks, Jim. Very interesting. And it actually *understates* Chung's
    >> dominance of the posts since he has used three different mutations over the
    >> period covered.
    >>
    >> Steve

    > Truth is hardly an understatement.
    >
    > Last I checked, my email remains the same its been for at least 2 years.
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    > Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  17. Bob Pastorio

    Bob Pastorio Guest

    Reach for the Mu_n wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:15:07 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>>Tell us more about that. What part of your diet, as a chef you would
    >>>know, what parts of your diet did you in?

    >>Here you are an "expert" in cardiac conditions and coronary health in
    >>general? Did you decide all by yourself that this is true or have you
    >>had help formulating the "Dr. Fishbone Nothing" theory of coronary
    >>conditions?

    > I repeat.

    You may repeat as often and as much as you wish. It doesn't remove the
    reality that you don't know shit about what you're trying to talk
    about here. You're a fraud, a coward, a mountebank, a quack, a fake
    and a transparent TROLL. Tell your "patients" I said so. Maybe they'll
    join me in a classy action suit. Someone can explain that to you.

    I trust I won't have to repeat any of that.

    >>>Why didn't you exercise since you claim to have known better?

    >>Do you know if I'm a member of
    >>a health club? Do you know what sorts of exercise equipment I use at
    >>home? Do you know if I run. Do you know if I swim in a lap pool or in
    >>the Shenandoah River. Do you know if I have a bicycle? Do I sky dive?
    >>Camping? Hiking? Can you answer any of these questions, M_ullet?

    > No, that's why I am asking you.

    Good, then stuff your baiting "conclusions" masked as questions where
    Chung does your prostate test.

    >>>Why did you nearly kill yourself at your own hands?

    >>On the contrary, I saved myself by recognizing the symptoms that
    >>afflicted both sides of my family before me. I'm still alive and most
    >>of them aren't. Bad history, good behavior.

    I'm seriously disappointed that you didn't say, "Good job, Bob."
    Crushed, I am.

    > You have a serious, life threatening cardiac condition caused, most
    > probably, by poor choices of diet and exercise. I hear you smoked too.

    I'm sure you've heard a lot about me. Interviewed my neighbors, did
    you? Checked my school permanent record? Questioned my sensei, my jump
    partners, my kids, my staff, my editors...? Idiot.

    >>Note that I'm very much alive still and still here puncturing the hot
    >>air balloon you are.

    > Good for you.

    Thank you for the recognition. I appreciate your acknowledging what a
    gasbag you are.

    So how come you see Chung? He claims to be a cardiologist. Got a heart
    condition of your own? I thought you're this big fitness guru.

    "Mens sana in corpore sano."

    Mister conditioning with famous athletes, military and seekers of
    the pure body as clients. Or is it "patients?" What's your cardiac
    problem? Bad living? Stupid excess? You can tell us, we're all friends
    here.

    Pastorio

  18. Bob Pastorio

    Bob Pastorio Guest

    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
    > Jim Horne wrote:
    >

    >>"Bob Pastorio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:eek:[email protected]
    >>: Balsey wrote:
    >>: > I thought this was a Cadiology Group ,instead all you see is Chung &
    >>Maharaj
    >>: > & Bob Pastorio arguing, how about getting back to what this group is all
    >>: > about & that is helping us real heart patients with there questions. If
    >>any
    >>: > one interested i am a 2 year heart attack with stent in right artery
    >>suvivor
    >>: > to-day but i think i will be giving this group away, All of you with
    >>real
    >>: > problems take care & look after your-self .
    >>: > Balsey
    >>:
    >>: I'm a heart patient as well. I came here because of Mu's and Chung's
    >>: crossposting, spamming and trolling.
    >>:
    >>: Here's a small project: count the numbers of scurrilous posts from
    >>: Chung and Mu and see what percent of the total they comprise. You can
    >>: try to killfile them, but they both change their identities so you
    >>: can't eliminate them for very long.
    >>:
    >>results from NETSCAN
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/nk2n

    > Thanks for proving the baselessness of Mr. Pastorio's accusations.

    Chung, you do this better than any other liar I've ever read or heard
    about. It's a perfectly wonderful example of, "I can't win this
    argument, so I'll just act like I did."

    Chung is a troll and a spammer. Trolls post notes to deliberately
    inflame and anger readers. That macro posting where you blame
    everybody else for your actions is trolling. You post it with the
    clear intent to annoy people while denying it. In your macro post, you
    lie and that compounds your treachery.

    Spamming is sending repeated, unwanted, same-content messages to
    venues that don't welcome them. Like your fraudulence with
    crossposting and assigning the responsibility to others. The same
    message repeatedly knowing that many people have asked you to stop.

    Beautiful. Not an honest bone in your body.

    Pastorio

  19. Steve wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:50:01 -0400, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
    > (in message <[email protected]>):
    >
    > >> Thanks, Jim. Very interesting. And it actually *understates* Chung's
    > >> dominance of the posts since he has used three different mutations over the
    > >> period covered.
    > >>
    > >> Steve

    > > Truth is hardly an understatement.
    > >
    > > Last I checked, my email remains the same its been for at least 2 years.

    > True to form, Chung. Once again the disingenuous, misleading psuedo-answer.
    > Your email address has nothing to do with it... but you knew that, right? The
    > posts are not categorized by your email address but by the "handle" you use
    > to post. Here are at least three you have used recently (source Netscan)
    >
    > Thru 7/31/2003
    >
    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> 809 posts
    > [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) 372 posts
    > [email protected] (Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD) *
    > * (results not yet available on netscan)

    Thanks for proving that my handle remains "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"

    > total Chung posts 1,181 posts +
    > nearst competitor ([email protected]) 103 posts

    Didn't know this was a competition.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  20. On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:46:51 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Chung is a troll and a spammer.

    OT again there, Cheffie.