I trashed my onza

JVTFm

Guest
Like its says my Onza got totally trashed. I will let the pictures
speak for themselves...

Here is what happened to the hub.

http://tinyurl.com/597cd

The left "bananna" crank.

http://tinyurl.com/7yj4f

The right crank arm.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album377/right_crank

I will post more pictures when they are uploaded.

--
JVTFm - Insanity by Design

www.singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
www.gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT

I like pie, my feet are cold, that is all.
JVTFm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6432

It was only a 6' drop but I did it like 10 times, and the platform I had
to mount on was like 8 inches wide, and there was a fence behind me so
my jumping stance was very awkward.

The truly amazing part is I wasn't hurt.

also it destroyed the back bumper

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album377/trashed_bumper

Yeah, time for profiles.

--
JVTFm - Insanity by Design

www.singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
www.gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT

Proud owner of the "bananna" crank

JVTFm wrote:
> *Yeah, time for profiles. *

I don't see how Profiles are going to hold up any better. Profiles
aren't magic. Profiles will bend too given that level of abuse. The
only advantage the Profiles have is the warranty.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

The reason I did the drop so many times was becuase I couldn't get it
and it was making me mad. I like half landed it a few times, by half
land I mean land start to ride away then fall, and I wanted to land it
fully

Trip what was "why?" directed to?

sorry for the double post.

--
JVTFm - Insanity by Design

www.singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
www.gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT

Proud owner of the "banana" crank

JVTFm wrote:
> *The reason I did the drop so many times was becuase I couldn't get it
> and it was making me mad. I like half landed it a few times, by half
> land I mean land start to ride away then fall, and I wanted to land it
> fully
>
> Trip what was "why?" directed to?
>
> sorry for the double post. *

you answered my question. i was wondering why you kept doing the drop
as your cranks were bending.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

You are definitely getting your money's worth out of that unicycle! I
hope you're having a great time with it.

It's possible you could improve your technique to land "lighter," but it
sounds like that was a pretty difficult drop from any point of view. You
are just going beyond what even the high-end parts can handle. As you
said, it's a good thing your body is holding up better!

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

JVTFm wrote:
> *The reason I did the drop so many times was becuase I couldn't get it
> and it was making me mad. I like half landed it a few times, by half
> land I mean land start to ride away then fall, and I wanted to land it
> fully
>
> Trip what was "why?" directed to?
>
> sorry for the double post. *

if you keep doing it over and over again you keep bending them and it
becomes harder to ride away. and i thought my cranks were bent geeze i
would never do that unless i had money to buy another
:p

--
drewation - stoons finest

why take the bus when you can uni
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274

JVTFm wrote:
> *That's kinda why I want them. Will profile replace them if they are
> bent, or just if they snap? *

I've never warrantied profiles, but if you sent them a pair of cranks
like that they'd have a hard time justifying not warrantying them. And
even if they didn't, you could aways just snap them. If you had been
riding profiles on that drop, they wouldn't have bent so badly, the
right crank would've just snapped. This is because of the nub, which is
stronger than the surrounding crank. THis forces the steel to stretch
around it, which will crack or snap it. If you get profiles you may want
to get a right crank that is left hand drive and a left crank that is
right hand drive. This assures that you won't have any nubs. If you do
get a nub, DON'T grind it down. If you have to, hammer your frame to fit
it, but don't grind the nub, as that weakens the crank.

John is right, profiles arren't magic, but the warranty is. If you are
doing that to your cranks and axle, you will want a warranty.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by
understanding."-Albert Einstein

Jim man, come on! stop that! its gonna be hard for you and your brother
to ride if you keep obliterating parts of the face of the earth! poor
Onza. it was cool. then it died. go us for breaking stuff! i can still
drop higher then you Jim! but then again, you only have to replace your
crank, i had to reposition my axle. Excellent work! my theory is that if
we keep breaking stuff, they will have to make better stuff....
eventually they will make cranks and hubs out of crazy stuff like
unobtanium or something......

Go Swat!

Also Jim, i think we should keep a running tally of the total price of
all the parts we've broken. that would be cool.

--
shadowuni - Crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery

"No one is taller than the last man standing"
"Three phases of persuasion: Polite request, well in excess of your pain
threshhold, and spectacularly fatal."

Me: "could you replace the rim on this uni when i get the new one?"
Bike store guy: "Oh, HELL NO!!"
Moral: Cokers are big
shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

welcome to my world. i did the same (relatively) to my KH20, within 2
months of my riding.

a basic run down of what i did to my KH.

1)within a week, broke the seatpost, replaced as warranty
2)2 weeks after that, broke the replacement.
3)had that seatpost welded uber strong, and then broke the seat
4)same weekend as the seat, twisted the cranks, damaged the pedals and
bent the axle

and im just now getting profile hub and another seatpost, after over a
month of no trials uni. needless to say, Tony of unicycle.co.nz was
impressed :D

--
unicyclistjoe - NZ's 2nd Best Trials Unicyclist

Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos
unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856