I want a new bike!!!!

bianchi10

Oct 28, 2009
I currently have a 2010 Bianchi Via Nirone. Ultegra derailer, ultegra shifting componants with 105 front and rear brakes. Retailed for $1700 got on year end clearance sale for $1200. good deal? yeah it was! Good entry level first bike? yeah it was/is!

I made the biggest mistake of my cycling "career" 3 weeks ago. My riding buddy has a cousin who rode pro for several years and he came to ride with us. He showed up and we went through the introductions and all. I saw his bike which was a ridley (Not sure which model) but I didn't really like it. Didn't find it to be very appealing to the eye. Later that night I came back over to hang out and we got to talking about cycling. I started mentioning some of my frustrations and what I liked and disliked about my bike. We happened to be the same size (almost exactly) so he said, well take my bike out if you want. I thought, hell why not! took it aroung the block and rode it around a bit. this bike which I had been very judgemental about without any kind of information became a bike I fell in LOVE WITH!! :eek: Full 2010 durace componants that shifted like butter and the frame fit me like a custom fit silk hand glove! pulled back into the driveway and then turned around in the garage and went back out .....................for a 25 minute ride!:D returned with a HUGE smile on my face and I didn't want to give it back. We all went on a 60 mile ride the following day and I couldn't take my eyes off of it the whole day.

Since then my bike feels so sub-par. (Which is wierd since I have ultegra componants. for some reason mine feels so sloppy) Went into my bike shop last week and what do I walk into? my buddy telling me that I should check out their new line of bikes they now carry.....RIDLEY! walked over and saw this...
Orion / 1005A - ROAD - Bicycles - Ridley Bikes

in my size with the 2010 ultegra set up and my buddies discount for $2100! DAMNIT, I cant afford to want a new bike!!!!! :( So now I am trying to get in the right frame of mind and save as much as I can. Then sell my bike on CL or something and hopefully in time I will reach my goal.

Wish me luck!

No matter what there will always be something better. Nothing wrong with wanting it either. Good Luck.
BTW are you the guy struggling to find the right saddle. If so I hope you have that resolved before you make the jump.:)

davereo said:
No matter what there will always be something better. Nothing wrong with wanting it either. Good Luck.
BTW are you the guy struggling to find the right saddle. If so I hope you have that resolved before you make the jump.:)

Yup that was me! I got a new saddle since then, a fizik aliante versus that has been a nice change. It would go nicely with my new bike!