I want a tyre mark on my shoe too....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. http://members.rogers.com/davey_crockett/meghan.jpg

    Bicycle Messenger Arrested For Plowing Into Officer Area Closed Because Of Falling Glass
    From Building

    http://www.nbc10.com/news/2703058/detail.html

    PHILADELPHIA -- A Philadelphia delivery woman is in custody after police say she struck an officer
    with her bike after she ignored orders not to enter a barricaded area.

    The police lieutenant involved has 32 years on the police force. He was trying to protect the public
    during a potentially dangerous situation when a bike messenger who refused to stop struck him. The
    bike messenger, Meghan Dinnen (pictured, left), now faces criminal charges.

    "She just happened to not want to follow police instructions at that time, and it resulted in
    injury," said Lt. George McAndrew.

    With cuts and bruises on his leg and a bicycle tread mark on his shoe, McAndrew returned to work
    on Friday.

    McAndrew said the 23-year-old bike messenger collided with him Thursday night after she allegedly
    peddled (sic - Davey) around barricades set up at 20th and Market streets where a glass window had
    fallen from the 27th floor of the Independence Blue Cross Tower.

    "I gave her the sign to halt, and a young female told me, 'I am not stopping,' started riding and
    entered the most dangerous area of the entire street, at which time I moved to stop her and the
    bike. She just plowed right into me on the bicycle," McAndrew said.

    Dinnen was taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, along with
    several other offenses. She has worked for the past year at Time Cycle Bike Messenger Service on
    North 2nd Street in Philadelphia.

    Dinnen's bosses described her as mild mannered, and said they spoke with her after she was arrested.

    "I asked her if she ran into someone. She said no. I asked her if someone tackled her. She said
    yes," said Eric Nordberg, of Time Cycle Messenger Service.

    Dinnen has no prior criminal record.
    --
    le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

    Tags:

  2. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

    from philly nbc10: "I asked her if she ran into someone. She said no. I asked her if someone tackled
    her. She said yes," said Eric Nordberg, of Time Cycle Messenger Service.

    Hmmmm, I could understand if this was the Chicago Police, anyway, did someone review the video from
    the security camera?

    John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com...
    > http://members.rogers.com/davey_crockett/meghan.jpg
    >
    > Bicycle Messenger Arrested For Plowing Into Officer Area Closed Because Of Falling Glass From
    > Building
    >
    > http://www.nbc10.com/news/2703058/detail.html
    >
    > PHILADELPHIA -- A Philadelphia delivery woman is in custody after police say she struck an officer
    > with her bike after she ignored orders not to enter a barricaded area.
    >
    > The police lieutenant involved has 32 years on the police force. He was trying to protect the
    > public during a potentially dangerous situation when a bike messenger who refused to stop struck
    > him. The bike messenger, Meghan Dinnen (pictured, left), now faces criminal charges.
    >
    > "She just happened to not want to follow police instructions at that time, and it resulted in
    > injury," said Lt. George McAndrew.
    >
    > With cuts and bruises on his leg and a bicycle tread mark on his shoe, McAndrew returned to work
    > on Friday.
    >
    > McAndrew said the 23-year-old bike messenger collided with him Thursday night after she allegedly
    > peddled (sic - Davey) around barricades set up at 20th and Market streets where a glass window had
    > fallen from the 27th floor of the Independence Blue Cross Tower.
    >
    > "I gave her the sign to halt, and a young female told me, 'I am not stopping,' started riding and
    > entered the most dangerous area of the entire street, at which time I moved to stop her and the
    > bike. She just plowed right into me on the bicycle," McAndrew said.
    >
    > Dinnen was taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, along with
    > several other offenses. She has worked for the past year at Time Cycle Bike Messenger Service on
    > North 2nd Street in Philadelphia.
    >
    > Dinnen's bosses described her as mild mannered, and said they spoke with her after she was
    > arrested.
    >
    > "I asked her if she ran into someone. She said no. I asked her if someone tackled her. She said
    > yes," said Eric Nordberg, of Time Cycle Messenger Service.
    >
    > Dinnen has no prior criminal record.
    > --
    > le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    In other words, the cop told her to stop, she didn't and he jumped in front of her and then got
    run into. I wonder how this one will play out in court. Maybe she should have stopped and shouted
    "Sig Heil!"

    Reminds me of the time I was fighting a house fire while the fire department was coming. A cop came
    over and turned off the water and ordered me to get away from the fire. It was a volunteer fire
    department. Yes, the house burned. "Smart" and "Cop" are often mutually exclusive terms.