I want new WHEELS.

ryanone

Apr 4, 2006
Ok so I want new wheels for my fix and I'm trying to decided between Velocity Deep V's or Alex Sun Swift SL-1.

Now I've read gobs of reviews, and they always go both ways, this one is better than the other, and vice versa, so I really don't know what to think with such a split.

Opinions? Horror Stories? Recommendations?

Also, I'm wondering if the stock rear cog on a Bianchi Pista is 1/8 or 3/32.

Thanks. :D

I have two sets of 650c Velocity Deep-V wheels. One set for training with Ultegra 32 spoke hubs, the other, with Formula Hubs, 20 spoke, paired, for Sunday best. They are good value wheels. :cool:

ryanone said:
Ok so I want new wheels for my fix and I'm trying to decided between Velocity Deep V's or Alex Sun Swift SL-1.

Now I've read gobs of reviews, and they always go both ways, this one is better than the other, and vice versa, so I really don't know what to think with such a split.

Opinions? Horror Stories? Recommendations?

Also, I'm wondering if the stock rear cog on a Bianchi Pista is 1/8 or 3/32.

Thanks. :D
I have been riding deep V's on my fixie for quite some time. They are great wheels!!! I had them built up 28 spokes front and rear. I now use Bontrager track wheels on the street and my Deep V's for training on the velodrome until I can get my tubulars built.

I believe the stock cog on the Pista is a 3/32.

cool thanks for the replies friends.

can anyone point me in a good direction of where to order some deep V's/get them built.

The Sun's aren't out of the question yet though, they claim to be lighter and stronger than DeepV's.

Comments?

ryanone said:
cool thanks for the replies friends.

can anyone point me in a good direction of where to order some deep V's/get them built.

The Sun's aren't out of the question yet though, they claim to be lighter and stronger than DeepV's.

Comments?
You can get them from superspokes.com, benscycles.net, nycbikes.com and several other online retailers. You could also have your LBS build up a set for you as well. I came close to getting a set of the Swift SL-1 wheels but I already have several sets of clincher track/fixed wheels and need to get some tubular wheels for the track.

ryanone said:
ok now those 2 wheelsets

VS.

http://www.somafab.com/somax.html

fucavhkljfjvkas;jfgk;afdgj

I think that you are basically comparing apples to apples. All of the choices you present are going to be solid and strong, provided that the wheels are properly built in the first place.

I would suggest that you could just pick what you can get the best deal on.

^yes I agree, trying to pick the best when they all have the ability to be the best.

Why do they have to have so many options to make this so confusing?! :cool:

Thanks

ryanone said:
^yes I agree, trying to pick the best when they all have the ability to be the best.

Why do they have to have so many options to make this so confusing?! :cool:

Thanks
Pick the one that looks the best to you.

Thanks for the advice.

Just went to my LBS, gonna get some black DeepV's laced up on some Phil Wood's.

Perfect!

ryanone said:
Thanks for the advice.

Just went to my LBS, gonna get some black DeepV's laced up on some Phil Wood's.

Perfect!

Great hub choice but do you really need a rim as heavy as the DeepV's. They are what I am using but I was thinking of going a bit lighter and getting Fusion's for the next pair

Cheers

Geoff