I was gobsmacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wafflycathcsdir

This morning Nathan asked if his mate Adam could spend the day here (first of Easter hols from
school). No problem at all. Nathan phoned his mate - what was agreed between them *without* any
input from worry wart mother (me) :-

Nathan cycled over to his mate's house (as usual wearing lid) and would he cycle back with his mate
so they could spend the day here doing Warhammer & Game Cube. When they arrived back at Chateau
Simmons, Nathan's mate was wearing a lid same as Nathan's new one. "Nice lid" I remarked. Mate says,
"It's Nathan's spare - he brought it for me to wear." Nathan then said, "It's okay Mum, I adjusted
the fit so it fitted Adam's head correctly." When I checked the fastenings, indeed they had been
adjusted. Cor! The maternal bosums heaved. I was completely gobsmacked ;-) Then it was, "Dad... can
you just check Adam's bike over, please, there's some movement on the bottom bracket and the pedals
are a bit wobbly too."

Nathan's mate is staying until a bit later when, under the suggestion of Nathan, we'll *all* be
cycling back to Adam's - so he gets back okay and then the Unfit Family will be off on a *training
ride*!!!!!!!!!

Do you think the tenner I gave him for completing his first time trial on Wednesday night have had
an incentive effect on his cycling??? ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

blimey - sounds like the time cycling came to Walton Mountain ;-)

"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This morning Nathan asked if his mate Adam could spend the day here (first
of
> Easter hols from school). No problem at all. Nathan phoned his mate - what
was
> agreed between them *without* any input from worry wart mother (me) :-
>
> Nathan cycled over to his mate's house (as usual wearing lid) and would he cycle back with his
> mate so they could spend the day here doing Warhammer
&
> Game Cube. When they arrived back at Chateau Simmons, Nathan's mate was
wearing
> a lid same as Nathan's new one. "Nice lid" I remarked. Mate says, "It's Nathan's spare - he
> brought it for me to wear." Nathan then said, "It's
okay
> Mum, I adjusted the fit so it fitted Adam's head correctly." When I
checked the
> fastenings, indeed they had been adjusted. Cor! The maternal bosums
heaved. I
> was completely gobsmacked ;-) Then it was, "Dad... can you just check
Adam's
> bike over, please, there's some movement on the bottom bracket and the
pedals
> are a bit wobbly too."
>
> Nathan's mate is staying until a bit later when, under the suggestion of Nathan, we'll *all* be
> cycling back to Adam's - so he gets back okay and
then
> the Unfit Family will be off on a *training ride*!!!!!!!!!
>
> Do you think the tenner I gave him for completing his first time trial on Wednesday night have had
> an incentive effect on his cycling??? ;-)
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
a
> reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
keyboaRRRDdd
> ~~~~~~~~~~

>
> Nathan's mate is staying until a bit later when, under the suggestion of Nathan, we'll *all* be
> cycling back to Adam's - so he gets back okay and
then
> the Unfit Family will be off on a *training ride*!!!!!!!!!
>

Well here is my Saturday for you: 3+ months off the bike (as you know), then 7 rides in the last
three weeks, all on my winter bike. 30m progressing up to 52m max. So I thought; nice day, I'll use
my good road bike and have a nice steady ride. I got carried away didn't I, chased a few riders etc.
32m I punctured the front, so no time for a coffee break. 50m I started to feel rough after a stiff
climb. 55m Grovelled over a short, stiff hill. 60m dying with bonk, but still keeping at 17.0 av.
65m I stopped for a 10min break in last of the countryside, thinking... The last 4m is through local
streets, don't want kids passing me. Finally, I "sprinted" up to my home looking strong, (so I
thought). Little lad from up the street says, "hey mister, you look knackered". As if that wasn't
enough, I'd done 69.3m, NOT a round 70m, and dropped to
16.3 av. I should have known, a coffee and 4 fig roll wasn't enough for the ride.

Still a smashing day and warm at last. Surprisingly I felt ok next day as well.

>I got carried away didn't I, chased a few riders etc.

You see, that's your problem - you are a *serious* cyclist. Whereas there is nothing remotely
serious about mine at all, so mine is all fun :)

Glad you got home in one piece!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

"Neil D" <n**@NOmail.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

snip

> Little lad from up the street says, "hey mister, you look knackered". As if that wasn't enough,
> I'd done 69.3m, NOT a round 70m, and dropped to
> 16.3 av.

*******. Some of us can't manage that when we are fit -- let alone when we are unfit.

:(

T

> >I got carried away didn't I, chased a few riders etc.
>
> You see, that's your problem - you are a *serious* cyclist. Whereas there
is
> nothing remotely serious about mine at all, so mine is all fun :)
>
> Glad you got home in one piece!
>

> > I got carried away didn't I, chased a few riders etc.

I did resist the temptation to bark as I did it ;-)

ps "Lost" your last ans, but yes, most walk groups are very supportive to youngsters. Alas, most
groups up here are of an elderly/retired nature just now. Nothing wrong in that, but a more
varied age range is better. And thanks for the offer, the last two weeks in June will do,
(just joking).

Status
Not open for further replies.