I wil be leaving

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Micheal Artindale, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Within 2 weeks, I will be leaving here (where I live and this newsgroup). I
    will be going into the Canadian Millitary. While at Basic Training, I will
    be doing some swimming, so those laps will be added to my total.

    I will be doing basic training for 11 weeks.

    Thanks,

    Micheal

    Tags:

  2. Martin Smith

    Martin Smith Guest

    Micheal Artindale wrote:

    > Within 2 weeks, I will be leaving here (where I live and this newsgroup). I
    > will be going into the Canadian Millitary. While at Basic Training, I will
    > be doing some swimming, so those laps will be added to my total.
    >
    > I will be doing basic training for 11 weeks.

    This is a lot more extreme method of avoiding that 8k than I thought you
    would use. Still, it worked.

    Your tolerance for being laughed at by youth will be severely tested.
    Good luck.

  3. "Martin Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Micheal Artindale wrote:
    >
    >> Within 2 weeks, I will be leaving here (where I live and this newsgroup).
    >> I will be going into the Canadian Millitary. While at Basic Training, I
    >> will be doing some swimming, so those laps will be added to my total.
    >>
    >> I will be doing basic training for 11 weeks.

    > This is a lot more extreme method of avoiding that 8k than I thought you
    > would use. Still, it worked.

    Who says they will not make me swim that much in a pool?

    > Your tolerance for being laughed at by youth will be severely tested.

    It wont be youth who will be laughing at me, it will be older adults yelling
    at me.

    > Good luck.

    Thank you

    Micheal

  4. Pat in TX

    Pat in TX Guest

    > Within 2 weeks, I will be leaving here (where I live and this newsgroup).
    > will be going into the Canadian Millitary. While at Basic Training, I will
    > be doing some swimming, so those laps will be added to my total.
    >
    > I will be doing basic training for 11 weeks.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Micheal

    Are you joining the Navy? If not, don't count on doing much lap swimming.

    Pat in TX

  5. "Pat in TX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >> Within 2 weeks, I will be leaving here (where I live and this newsgroup).
    >> will be going into the Canadian Millitary. While at Basic Training, I
    >> will be doing some swimming, so those laps will be added to my total.
    >>
    >> I will be doing basic training for 11 weeks.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Micheal

    > Are you joining the Navy? If not, don't count on doing much lap swimming.
    >
    > Pat in TX

    It will be the navy. I will be fixing the engines and such on the ships. Not
    likely going on to our subs.

    Micheal

  6. Martin Smith

    Martin Smith Guest

    Micheal Artindale wrote:
    > "Pat in TX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>>Within 2 weeks, I will be leaving here (where I live and this newsgroup).
    >>>will be going into the Canadian Millitary. While at Basic Training, I
    >>>will be doing some swimming, so those laps will be added to my total.
    >>>
    >>>I will be doing basic training for 11 weeks.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Micheal

    >>Are you joining the Navy? If not, don't count on doing much lap swimming.
    >>
    >>Pat in TX
    >>

    > It will be the navy. I will be fixing the engines and such on the ships. Not
    > likely going on to our subs.

    Did they tell you you'd be swimming, before you signed the contract, or
    after?

  7. "Martin Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Micheal Artindale wrote:
    >> "Pat in TX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>>Are you joining the Navy? If not, don't count on doing much lap swimming.
    >>>
    >>>Pat in TX
    >>>

    >> It will be the navy. I will be fixing the engines and such on the ships.
    >> Not likely going on to our subs.

    > Did they tell you you'd be swimming, before you signed the contract, or
    > after?

    Neither. I know that we will be swimming, as they require us to bring a
    swimsuit. it has to be shorts....

    I realy dont know exactly what I am in for. I know it will be tough.

    Micheal

  8. Pat in TX

    Pat in TX Guest

    >> Did they tell you you'd be swimming, before you signed the contract, or
    >> after?

    > Neither. I know that we will be swimming, as they require us to bring a
    > swimsuit. it has to be shorts....
    >
    > I realy dont know exactly what I am in for. I know it will be tough.
    >
    > Micheal

    My cousin joined the U.S. Navy. They had to prove they could swim right away
    or be divided into a group that was taught to swim. After some rescue
    training with his group, that was pretty much it. He didn't go out and swim
    laps daily. They have more important things to teach you, seeing as how they
    expect you to stay on the ship.

    Pat

  9. Martin Smith

    Martin Smith Guest

    Micheal Artindale wrote:

    > "Martin Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Micheal Artindale wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Pat in TX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>It will be the navy. I will be fixing the engines and such on the ships.
    >>>Not likely going on to our subs.

    >>Did they tell you you'd be swimming, before you signed the contract, or
    >>after?

    > Neither. I know that we will be swimming, as they require us to bring a
    > swimsuit. it has to be shorts....

    You have to prove you can swim, since you will be working around the sea.

    > I realy dont know exactly what I am in for. I know it will be tough.

    You're in for fixing engines and such on ships.

  10. >>>>

    >>>Did they tell you you'd be swimming, before you signed the contract, or
    >>>after?

    >> Neither. I know that we will be swimming, as they require us to bring a
    >> swimsuit. it has to be shorts....

    > You have to prove you can swim, since you will be working around the sea.
    >
    >> I realy dont know exactly what I am in for. I know it will be tough.

    > You're in for fixing engines and such on ships.

    That is the obvious point. It is like telling someone that when you swim,
    you will get wet. The rest of the military life is what I dont know exactly
    what i am in for. It will be tough, but will be well worth it.

    Micheal

  11. Martin Smith

    Martin Smith Guest

    "Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Neither. I know that we will be swimming, as they require us to bring a
    >>> swimsuit. it has to be shorts....

    >> You have to prove you can swim, since you will be working around the sea.
    >>
    >>> I realy dont know exactly what I am in for. I know it will be tough.

    >> You're in for fixing engines and such on ships.

    >That is the obvious point. It is like telling someone that when you swim,
    >you will get wet. The rest of the military life is what I dont know exactly
    >what i am in for. It will be tough, but will be well worth it.

    It's pretty much just a job. Canada doesn't start wars, and nobody
    invades Canada, so you'll just be fixing engines.

  12. Michael Edey

    Michael Edey Guest

    >>That is the obvious point. It is like telling someone that when you swim,
    >>you will get wet. The rest of the military life is what I dont know exactly
    >>what i am in for. It will be tough, but will be well worth it.

    > It's pretty much just a job. Canada doesn't start wars, and nobody
    > invades Canada, so you'll just be fixing engines.

    And all was right with the world.

    --Mike

  13. Martin Smith wrote:

    > >> You have to prove you can swim, since you will be working around the sea.

    > >> You're in for fixing engines and such on ships.

    > >That is the obvious point. It is like telling someone that when you swim,
    > >you will get wet. The rest of the military life is what I dont know exactly
    > >what i am in for. It will be tough, but will be well worth it.

    > It's pretty much just a job. Canada doesn't start wars, and nobody
    > invades Canada, so you'll just be fixing engines.

    You never know. the neocons and the military industry may decide that
    too many terrorists can enter through our northern border and that
    Canada is an easy place to test some new weapons. Micheal may be
    fighting a US lead coalition of the willing, that will stop the
    Canadian terrorists. After all, it is about time that we annex Canada.

    Andres

  14. diablo

    diablo Guest

    "Martin Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >>> You have to prove you can swim, since you will be working around the
    >>> sea.

    >>> You're in for fixing engines and such on ships.

    >>That is the obvious point. It is like telling someone that when you swim,
    >>you will get wet. The rest of the military life is what I dont know
    >>exactly
    >>what i am in for. It will be tough, but will be well worth it.

    > It's pretty much just a job. Canada doesn't start wars, and nobody
    > invades Canada, so you'll just be fixing engines.

    Obviously someone never saw the movie 'Canadian Bacon' ....damn Canucks...