I wish people would just **** off away from me with their cars

San Remo GT

Aug 17, 2005
I dont mind people using their cars, just not as weapons. Fed up of the cúnts nearly t-boning me at junctions or wiping me out as they pull out.
If they were pilots they would be far less likey to get away with this behavior. I have no sympathy for motorists. They complain about insurance, speeding enforcement (which does sod all to help anyway) fuel pricing, and congestion and then have the audacity to kill cyclists. Example of a few **** ones ere:

(DONT WATCH IF EASILY OFFENDED)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rrxyw/Barely_Legal_Drivers_Tommy_and_Chantelle/

Note that not all motorists are as you paint them. Of course, generalizing does help prevent the wear and tear caused by actual thought. The number of shitty drivers is dwarfed by the number of drivers that drive just fine and don't endanger riders. In fact I'd wager the percentage of asshole drivers in the driving population is about the same as the number of asshole riders in the cycling population.

Haha this post made me chuckle, some very colourful language used. I've never really had too much trouble with drivers, with the odd exception here and there. The roads in the UK are generally quite narrow so I suppose you get used to cars being very close to you. So in my own experience I've found that they're pretty accommodating. I may just be a lucky one though...

Originally Posted by .

Note that not all motorists are as you paint them. Of course, generalizing does help prevent the wear and tear caused by actual thought. The number of shitty drivers is dwarfed by the number of drivers that drive just fine and don't endanger riders. In fact I'd wager the percentage of asshole drivers in the driving population is about the same as the number of asshole riders in the cycling population.
Yeah I know, but its the 4 wheeler wankas that I come across more often so they are the target of my rant. Next time I get cut up by a motorist and not die, Im gonna give her a very very smug look and happily shout "at least I dont pay road tax" Even though the VAT on my bicycle was probably quite a bit, but I doubt most motorists would think of that.

I take it you are from Britain? I have heard and seen many vids on the youtube about the occurences that arise when cycling around your country; mainly London. Just take it in stride, I suppose. As stated, I too feel there are significantly more better drivers opposed to shitty drivers. I am from NJ and well... we have a reputation for drivers around here... haha. Cheers!

I give your rant a 7/10.

Needs more arcane Anglo swearing, a sprinkling of death threats and video of the application of a rocket launcher against offending drivers.

Reactions: GaryBPT
Originally Posted by Monte730 .

I take it you are from Britain? I have heard and seen many vids on the youtube about the occurences that arise when cycling around your country; mainly London. Just take it in stride, I suppose. As stated, I too feel there are significantly more better drivers opposed to shitty drivers. I am from NJ and well... we have a reputation for drivers around here... haha. Cheers!
London is terrible, and not just for cycling! Cycling is the easiest way to travel in such a large, densely populated city (other than the underground), but it's ridiculously dangerous!

I'm from Leeds, West Yorkshire, and although you see it all over the news, I cycle 6 miles to work every morning, cycle back afterwards, head out for 30+ mile distances on a weekend, and very rarely have an issue with motorists.

Maybe it's a northern thing...

Cant imagine how **** it is to cycle in london. I dont live in a city but all I want is to be left the **** alone. Not too much to ask but it seems you can buy a drivers license on ebay.

License? License??

We don' neeed no steenkin' license!

Or insurance. Or sobriety. Or the ability to read Engrish.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

License? License??

We don' neeed no steenkin' license!

Or insurance. Or sobriety. Or the ability to read Engrish.
Where did you find that picture of my neighbours? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

"Where did you find that picture of my neighbours?"

That's my gardener.

He's my own, personal Jesus.

"Where did you find that picture of my neighbours?"

That's my gardener.

He's my own, personal Jesus.
The gardener's evil twin does a lot of unlicenced construction around here... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif

It's nice to see the bigots out themselves so readily: CampyBigot, Volnix....... I guess we need the bigot from the Continent to add an international flavor to the hate and ignorance.

Personally very new to road cycling and cycling in general I guess. Drivers are my biggest worry and even help me decide where i ride which pisses me off. Should be able to go out and not have to worry about irresponsible drivers!

Originally Posted by alienator .

It's nice to see the bigots out themselves so readily: CampyBigot, Volnix....... I guess we need the bigot from the Continent to add an international flavor to the hate and ignorance.
Man I got attacked from my neighbours yesterday. Apparently they didnt like me calling the police on them for illegaly building the sidewalk. I am unblocking you btw, I am no longer mad at you! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

"It's nice to see the bigots out themselves so readily: CampyBigot, Volnix....... I guess we need the bigot from the Continent to add an international flavor to the hate and ignorance."

So you're the moron with the leaf blower that woke me up last Sunday morning. Deport yourself back to Arizona.

"It's nice to see the bigots out themselves so readily: CampyBigot, Volnix....... I guess we need the bigot from the Continent to add an international flavor to the hate and ignorance."

So you're the moron with the leaf blower that woke me up last Sunday morning. Deport yourself back to Arizona.
A leaf blower would sound like "Vivaldi's Spring" concert around here...

I tried to get "scientific" the other day. The medium noise levels in the night are around 55db. Thats after 1am. In the noon when everything is supposed to be quiet by law its around 65db. In the morning and afternoon is a madening 80db.

Even if I could get triple or quadriple glazing windows for the whole appartment which would cost me **** knows how much I would still need to insulate the walls in the middle and then are the noises from the appartments next and below.

That is not an easy thing to do as I would need to cut the brick work and install the sound proofing material. My best bet would be foam as I dont think that there would be too much air left in the wall to transfer the sound but then again that would probably not work with "impact" sounds. Impact sounds is the worst problem around here, basically knocking fencing on the floor every night around midnight and morning around 5. Knocking chairs whenever from around. There is also some "hammer" noises from below which I have absolutely no ****** idea what they are. Maybe we got a sculpture artist living here now too. Its ****** terrible.

So after I tried to call the police which pretty much told me that there isnt much they can do unless I am willing to start a law suit which around here would last about all the seasons of "Lost" and cost me **** knows how much in lawyers which I would get back in the end because I would probably be cleared of the back-charges the offenders usually do as a counter-measure to make you not want to sue them, I got ****** attacked from some scum ex-con and his "friends" who is "involved" with the shop that is fencing the sidewalk every night.

Really, Alienator, if I get any more "understanding" and "open minded" I am gonna get a ****** heart attack...

Volnix said:
Really, Alienator, if I get any more "understanding" and "open minded" I am gonna get a ****** heart attack...
Other bigots like your BFF CampyBigot say similar things. Maybe you should try the well worn bigot tack that BigotBob used, "I'm not a bigot. Why I have a business partner who is ______." Not only bigots, but cowardly bigots.

This thread is now moved to the rant section of the forum since it has degenerated down to insults , so rant on but try to maintain some civility.