I wish someone would do something about how fat I am

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Neil Gendzwill, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. bc

    bc Guest

  2. Bob Falooley

    Bob Falooley Guest

    Neil Gendzwill wrote:
    > http://www.theonion.com/opinion/index.php?issue=4124

    funny stuff:

    I've heard there are public-service announcements that address the
    obesity problem, but I don't really see how a commercial is going to
    make me stop eating. You see, odds are I'm in the kitchen making a
    sandwich during commercials. Someone should mail me a brochure about the
    risks of overeating. Better yet, send me a videotape. Reading on a full
    stomach makes me drowsy. Besides, I'm so exhausted most of the time, I
    fall asleep the second I hit the couch.

    --Falooley

  3. bc wrote:

    > Neil Gendzwill wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.theonion.com/opinion/index.php?issue=4124

    > Uggh. I don't know if this was supposed to be self-deprecating and
    > funny or a real pity party.

    That's The Onion for you - they've gotcha if you think the article is
    real. They're especially happy to offend.

    Neil

  4. Dally

    Dally Guest

    Bob Falooley wrote:
    > Neil Gendzwill wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.theonion.com/opinion/index.php?issue=4124
    >>

    > funny stuff:
    >
    > I've heard there are public-service announcements that address the
    > obesity problem, but I don't really see how a commercial is going to
    > make me stop eating. You see, odds are I'm in the kitchen making a
    > sandwich during commercials. Someone should mail me a brochure about the
    > risks of overeating. Better yet, send me a videotape. Reading on a full
    > stomach makes me drowsy. Besides, I'm so exhausted most of the time, I
    > fall asleep the second I hit the couch.

    I liked the part where he'd do anything, even let someone feed him a
    pill as he lay sprawled out on the couch [because getting up and finding
    the pill by himself would be too much effort.]

    Dally