I Wonder, Besides English, Do You Speak Another Language?

Swiss German native speaker, also German (of course ... but quite different to the Swiss dialect), English, French, Spanish, understand Italian ... that's it.

native language: English
second langue: Francais
third language: Hebrew (lived in Israel for 11 years)
smidgen language: 2 years of nihongo-o.
DT

GERARDO said:
Because this is an international forum, and because some of us dream of going to do road or MTB biking in another foreing country, I want to ask you if some of you speak more than one language.

My mother tongue is spanish, I write and speak english (I think so ;) ) and now I'm learning french and I think I'm doing pretty good. In the future I want to learn Italian..... or maybe German.

Well, let's hear your answers

I speak English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. I like learning foreign languages and find it helps me get the most out of any holidays and travels.

It's great to meet so mnay like minded people on this site. Glad I found it - pal in the States recommended it to me earlier on - but could not remember his user name. No doubt he will note I found it and registered!:)

Well I'm impressed how many of you are able to speak a lot of languages. That's simply great.

I personally speak French (mother tongue), English (almost fluent but not yet) and German (I used to be almost fluent).
As far as I am concerned, learning a language is hard and demanding process, whereas losing it is an easy and fast one. :(

GERARDO said:
WOW!, I really appreciate all your answers. It is interesting to learn the variety of languages spoken in these forums.

I always admire people who make great efforts (like learning another language), in order to get close and to learn from another culture different of their own. This change a lot our perspective of world, in a good manner I would say.

I read somewhere that in the future, the "etiquette of languages" willl be that one will speak one's own mother tongue but must be capable to clearly understand (not to speak) another languages, example: A guy who speaks english having a conversation with a girl who speaks spanish, both speaking their own language, but understanding each other......(I hope this example doesn't start a chain of jokes).

What is your opinion on this?, and thanks again for your answers.

Hola Gerardo, Hace tiempo coloque' un tema en el foro de España, preguntando quien hablaba español, y muy pocos lo leyeron :( pero bueno, Yo hablo castellano, italiano e Ingles; tambien estudie' frances aunque no sea muy fluida.
Te invito a mi foro de ciclismo por Univision.com
Que dicen se anotan?

http://foro.univision.com/univision/board?board.id=ciclismo

Chao

Mareblu
[email protected]

i speak english and francais. Je suis ne aux etats unis mais ma mere est francaise et pour un moment j'ai vecu a cote de paris.

frenchcycling said:
i speak english and francais. Je suis ne aux etats unis mais ma mere est francaise et pour un moment j'ai vecu a cote de paris.

où aux Etats-Unis êtes-vous New Jersey? et, quel genre de cycle pratiquez-vous ? route ou MTB ?

Was hat diese Frage bit Fahrrade zu tun?
Ich bin nicht ganz sicher warum du dieser Frage gefragt hast, aber Ich spreche Deutsch und je parle un petit peu de Francais.
oh yeah, english too.

DiabloScott said:
Wow, you get a lot of activity over there! I could waste a lot of time reading all those posts.

I did semesters in Spain twice - Burgos and Segovia.

Adonde Diablo en el otro foro? bueno si te interesa practicar español entonces te invito.... ;)

kaikane said:
Was hat diese Frage bit Fahrrade zu tun?
Ich bin nicht ganz sicher warum du dieser Frage gefragt hast, aber Ich spreche Deutsch und je parle un petit peu de Francais.
oh yeah, english too.

es macht nicht aus. Es war hervorragt für Spaß