I Wonder, Besides English, Do You Speak Another Language?

Anybody else know any Lithuanian?

If you get the chance, and you ever want to see where supermodels are designed and built, that's the place. Never have I seen so many astonishingly beautiful 6+' tall women in my life. This alone should be enough to motivate single hetero males to learn the language...

Laba diena, brolis ir seseri!

D.A.D.

Lithuanian (doubt anyone heard of that one!) a little russian
and of course english :)

EDIT:

that is so wierd! i didn't view the topic till the end and the above post says something about lithuanian. it's a samll world don't you think so?

Ottis said:
that is so wierd! i didn't view the topic till the end and the above post says something about lithuanian. it's a samll world don't you think so?
Ain't it though! I know Toronto has a sizable Lithuanian community - are you in that group, or do you just like statuesque women?;)

I speak Slovenian and English of course, some German and Serbo-Croatian and very, very little Spanish!

I am one of the ESL (english as a second language) American kids. My parents are from Colombia consequently I speak Spanish and English.

Having a girlfriend from the Azores, Portugal, I added Portuguese to the list.

I tried French and failed due to paying more attention to the teacher than the book and her teachings.:rolleyes:

Mampara said:
Home language is Afrikaans (almost like Dutch) but fluent in English. Curently learning French for my trip to France next year.

Me too...

And since marrying a Portuguese girl, I'm learning Portuguese.

Must say, I speak (and spell) better English than any pommy I've come across - spelling seems to be a dying art, especially amongst expat. Englishmen.... :)

pooga13 said:
I am one of the ESL (english as a second language) American kids. My parents are from Colombia consequently I speak Spanish and English.

Having a girlfriend from the Azores, Portugal, I added Portuguese to the list.

I tried French and failed due to paying more attention to the teacher than the book and her teachings.:rolleyes:

You BISCUIT!!!! hehehe

You know the difference between a French Kiss and an Australian Kiss?

The Australian kiss is the same, only it's done down under!!!

(((((((cringe from feminist backlash))))))) :) :) :) :)

Japanese. Quite handy considering I live in Japan. I'm hoping to learn English at some stage too.

I can understand a lousy amount of cantonese and mandarin, and speak less, probably even less french.

till

I speak enough of these languages that I can communicate with the bulk of the populace in all of these countries.

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
Bahamas,The
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belize
Bermuda
Botswana
Brunei
Cameroon
Canada
Cayman Islands
Dominica
Fiji
Gambia,The
Ghana
Gibraltar
India
Ireland
Jamaica
Kenya
Lesotho
Liberia
Malawi
Malta
Mauritius
New Zealand
Nigeria
Pakistan
Papua New Guinea
Philippines
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Swaziland
Tanzania
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Kingdom
United States
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Goosebeak said:
Me too...

And since marrying a Portuguese girl, I'm learning Portuguese.

Must say, I speak (and spell) better English than any pommy I've come across - spelling seems to be a dying art, especially amongst expat. Englishmen.... :)

Afrikaans for me too. I can also speak a bit of German. Order a beer and other usefull stuff

My native languages are Maltese and english...
I can also speak Italian, and I have basic knowledge of French and Arabic.

GERARDO said:
Because this is an international forum, and because some of us dream of going to do road or MTB biking in another foreing country, I want to ask you if some of you speak more than one language.

My mother tongue is spanish, I write and speak english (I think so ;) ) and now I'm learning french and I think I'm doing pretty good. In the future I want to learn Italian..... or maybe German.

Well, let's hear your answers
Excuse me stewardess...I speak Jive.:D

Sober : English (NZ variant), Thai, PNG Pidgin and some Bahasa Melayu / Bahasa Indonesia.
After 12 liquid Chicken Chops : All the languages of the world plus 3 or 4 intergallactic dialects.

Ottis said:
Lithuanian (doubt anyone heard of that one!) a little russian
and of course english :)

EDIT:

Heh, Lithuanian is not such a rare language Ottis. What about Maltese eh? :p

I am a Hungarian so I speak that, but live in Canada so I speak English, unfortunately very little French.

English, can understand some Spanish but not too good at speaking it. And recently I decided to learn Italian after meeting a guy last week in Florence who spoke no English, so we had to use a translator ;)

saviourag said:
Heh, Lithuanian is not such a rare language Ottis. What about Maltese eh? :p

Is Maltese a specific language or a dialect of another, more well-known language?