I would be dead but for my...

JohnB

Guest
Yet another from the home of the Annetts :-(

http://www.thisishampshire.net/hampshire/andover/news/ANDOVER_NEWS_NEWS0.html

LUCKY TO BE ALIVE

ANDOVER mother Mandy Bulpitt says her son is lucky to be alive after
colliding with a car while not wearing his cycle helmet.

Gary, aged 15, escaped serious injury when he was involved in the
accident on Pilgrims Way, prompting Mrs Bulpitt to urge all cyclists to
wear helmets.

"He is very lucky to be alive and from now on he will definitely be
wearing a helmet.

"I still see people going past my house without helmets and I want to
tell them they must wear them because they might not be so lucky as my
son was," she said.

Gary, from River Way, is recovering from facial injuries and stomach
pains. He remembers very little about the accident.

Police would like to speak to anyone who saw the accident on Pilgrims
Way at around 5.25pm on Tuesday 18 May.

The Andover Advertiser 'Be Safe, Wear a Helmet' campaign works to spread
the message that wearing a helmet reduces the risk of head injury by 80
per cent.
-------

John B

I wear a helmet, but only on top of my head. Clearly, I now need to consider
one with face and stomach protectors. Where can I get one of these?

--

Martin Bulmer

Pie Conservation Threat

In news:[email protected],
JohnB <[email protected]> expounded sagaciously:
> Yet another from the home of the Annetts :-(

http://www.thisishampshire.net/hampshire/andover/news/ANDOVER_NEWS_NEWS0.htm

> LUCKY TO BE ALIVE
>
> ANDOVER mother Mandy Bulpitt says her son is lucky to be alive after
> colliding with a car while not wearing his cycle helmet.
>
> Gary, aged 15, escaped serious injury when he was involved in the
> accident on Pilgrims Way, prompting Mrs Bulpitt to urge all cyclists
> to wear helmets.
>
> "He is very lucky to be alive and from now on he will definitely be
> wearing a helmet.
>
> "I still see people going past my house without helmets and I want to
> tell them they must wear them because they might not be so lucky as my
> son was," she said.
>
> Gary, from River Way, is recovering from facial injuries and stomach
> pains. He remembers very little about the accident.
>
> Police would like to speak to anyone who saw the accident on Pilgrims
> Way at around 5.25pm on Tuesday 18 May.
>
> The Andover Advertiser 'Be Safe, Wear a Helmet' campaign works to
> spread the message that wearing a helmet reduces the risk of head
> injury by 80 per cent.
> -------
>
> John B

Never mind, I've found just the thing.
http://www.tntdojo.com/kendo.html

In news:[email protected],
Martin Bulmer <[email protected]> expounded sagaciously:

--

Martin Bulmer

Pie Conservation Threat

Martin Bulmer wrote:
> Never mind, I've found just the thing.
> http://www.tntdojo.com/kendo.html

Just make sure you don't get that bamboo stick stuck in the spokes or you'll
fall of the bike and kill yourself ;-)

Tony

On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:13:15 +0100, JohnB <[email protected]> wrote in
message <[email protected]>:

>ANDOVER mother Mandy Bulpitt says her son is lucky to be alive after
>colliding with a car while not wearing his cycle helmet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this story Complete Bollocks?
Child hit by car, unhurt, mother says what? he would have been even
more unhurt if he'd been wearing a plastic hat? A plastic hat would
have magically levitated him away from the scene? What?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:13:15 +0100, JohnB <[email protected]> wrote in
> message <[email protected]>:
>
> >ANDOVER mother Mandy Bulpitt says her son is lucky to be alive after
> >colliding with a car while not wearing his cycle helmet.

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this story Complete Bollocks?
> Child hit by car, unhurt, mother says what? he would have been even
> more unhurt if he'd been wearing a plastic hat? A plastic hat would
> have magically levitated him away from the scene? What?

Of course it is, but you clearly don't know the lengths the editor of
the local paper will go to to push his pet campaign.
If he had been wearing a helmet it would have been:
"Helmet saves my Child's Life".

Instead it's a "Lucky to be Alive" story.

It is a good example of what we are up against.

John B