i would like to paint my bike

stevechow

Mar 11, 2006
hi everybody i have great plans for my bike. i would like to give it a new paint :D . it is an old bike giant cadex and i do not quite like the patterns and on the frame. the base color is nice. i am planning to send it to a motor shop who does painting for cars. the workmanship is ok but i just need advice. maybe it's not a good idea to touch the paint especially no discoloration or peeling. :D i would like to paint a dark metallic blue. something like midnight blue. i saw it on fiat bravo latest 1.4 turbo jet version. any suggestion what paint to use? what color? how to do it which i will take out all the parts first, and only pass the frame to the workshop. :p

stevechow said:
hi everybody i have great plans for my bike. i would like to give it a new paint :D .

If your current paint is a powder coat, then pretty much any other kind of paint will come across as softer, more vulnerable. Choosing a paint from a car has the advantage that you can buy touch up paint in small, user-friendly bottles from many auto parts stores. Stripping the bike down to the bare frame will certainly make things easier for the painter, which may or may not affect the price you're charged and the result you'll get. BB and head set cups can be left in with only marginal impact on the finished result.