Ibex bikes

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Yellowstone Yet, May 1, 2003.

  1. I know it is not a recumbent but I'm looking for any info on Ibex bikes. Has anyone ever heard of
    this company or seen any of their bikes? http://www.ibexbikes.com/bikes_03ApogeeSptSpecs.html

    Is it worth the risk? I'm looking to get back into mtn biking after a 10 year hiatus. Can anyone
    recommend other fully suspended bikes in this price range? I'm a big guy-6'3" and 240#. Will the
    shocks (RS Pilot XC on front and RS Deluxe on rear) on this bike work with my size? I'm totally
    ignorant on the suspension side of things.

    I realize that it is a big risk buying bike without riding it first, but I live in MT and without
    driving all over the state, my selections are limited to Trek, Specialized, KHS or Marin.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (Yellowstone Yeti) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > I realize that it is a big risk buying bike without riding it first, but I live in MT and without
    > driving all over the state, my selections are limited to Trek, Specialized, KHS or Marin.

    What was wrong with the full-sus bikes from those makers? Just curious.

    -Luigi

  3. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    Yellowstone Yeti wrote:

    > I know it is not a recumbent but I'm looking for any info on Ibex bikes. Has anyone ever heard of
    > this company or seen any of their bikes? http://www.ibexbikes.com/bikes_03ApogeeSptSpecs.html
    >
    > Is it worth the risk? I'm looking to get back into mtn biking after a 10 year hiatus. Can anyone
    > recommend other fully suspended bikes in this price range? I'm a big guy-6'3" and 240#. Will the
    > shocks (RS Pilot XC on front and RS Deluxe on rear) on this bike work with my size? I'm totally
    > ignorant on the suspension side of things.
    >
    > I realize that it is a big risk buying bike without riding it first, but I live in MT and without
    > driving all over the state, my selections are limited to Trek, Specialized, KHS or Marin.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    There is nothing wrong with the brands you mentioned. And the dealers will give yu local support.
    That's about the biggest plus there is. Best regards, Bernie

  4. I have had bad experiences with both Trek and Specialized (broken frames). I'm a little older now
    and less aggressive, so they're probably OK, but I still have that bias against them. The shop that
    sells Marin and KHS is not a very good shop for service, etc.