Ibex?

clayperez

Aug 15, 2003
I'm thinking of building up a full-suspension bike this winter and I'm trying to decide on a light frame that doesn't cost too much. Generally you get what you pay for but I am very intrigued by the IBEX Apogee frame and the fact that it's below $600. I have heard very good reviews but I would like to know more if any of you have had any experience with them or have any tips in general about a good frame to start with that is under $1000 and doesn't weigh too much. I bomb downhill and hit the boulders pretty hard but by no means am I a pro. Probably get out about 2-3 times per week on average.

Thanks!
Carlos

If you tear it up, a lot, then you would be much better off looking for a used frame (over the Ibex). You can find used DH or FR frames pretty cheap on the net. Ebay has tons of them. Santa Cruz Bullits are pretty much bomb proof (I am a Santa Cruz *****-they can do no wrong in my mind) and you can find partial bikes or stripped frames on ebay once in a while for under a grand. There are lots of other quality frame out there for sale that would treat you well (Rocky Mountain, Kona) and won't break you. Don't be cheap with a frame and don't think you have to buy a brand new frame to kill the slopes. Have fun man and keep the rubber side down.

K.