ibike not showing wattage

stephanl

Dec 19, 2006
Greetings,
I just took my first ride with my new ibike (incl. cadence option). While it overall seemed to work fine, I noticed that from a certain grade of downhill on (~2 percent grade) the unit would not show any power, even if I was pedaling against resistance. I have not seen any other posts, mention in the documentation or firmware fixes that seem to address this, is this a common problem, or user error?
I followed the setup instructions to the letter, the firmware version is 1.08, according to the release notes for 1.09 and 1.10 the issue I am encountering is not addressed in those updates. Plus by now it's raining outside and I don't feel like going out again to try again with newer firmware :eek:
Any insight would be great!

Thanks much,

- Stephan

Hey Stephan, you're not alone.

Install the latest firmware. It goes as far as anything yet to perfect the iBike Pro.

Read up on yours and many other iBike quirks in the iBike forum on their website.

Address your tech support questions directly with the iBike folks. It's the best way to dial in any issues that you may have with your particular bike, set up and calibration.

Follow their instructions to get the best that your iBike is going to give you, while understanding that there are still going to be some quirks with this unit no matter what you do.

Hope this helps...and hope it stops raining for you. ;)

Make sure you've reset the offset, and do tilt and then a coast calibration. Also, the mount has to be rock-solid so you don't get tilt changes during your ride.

stephanl said:
Greetings,
I just took my first ride with my new ibike (incl. cadence option). While it overall seemed to work fine, I noticed that from a certain grade of downhill on (~2 percent grade) the unit would not show any power, even if I was pedaling against resistance. I have not seen any other posts, mention in the documentation or firmware fixes that seem to address this, is this a common problem, or user error?
I followed the setup instructions to the letter, the firmware version is 1.08, according to the release notes for 1.09 and 1.10 the issue I am encountering is not addressed in those updates. Plus by now it's raining outside and I don't feel like going out again to try again with newer firmware :eek:
Any insight would be great!

Thanks much,

- Stephan