Ibike power meter

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by utahmtnbkr, Feb 12, 2008.

1. utahmtnbkr

utahmtnbkr New Member

Just wondering if any one has any opinions on the Ibike power meter

Tags:

2. Foothills Rider

Foothills Rider New Member

Always a lively topic....

I've had one since they were first introduced. I live in a hilly area with a lot of chip seal, so I would experience the artifact power spikes you hear about. Six months ago, I was ready to pull the trigger on a PT, until I heard about the iBike software upgrades (including trainer use and analysis/correction of tilt/power data) and VRK (vibration reduction kit)...I stayed for those upgrades, and feel very satisfied with those changes and upgrades.

They have a new forum site, http://www.ibikeforums.com/. Read through those, including a reader/cyslist who had both a PT and iBike configured on his bike, and submitted paired data from a long ride...that discussion is very, very interesting.

You'll find that your access to John Hamann and Richard Wharton will be very, very good. If you have questions, issues, or concerns, you will likely be asked to call them and discuss set-up, conditions, problems with them. I don't know of many other products (of any kind) on the market that offer that kind of personal service.

You're likely to hear the whole gamut, and you'll have a ton of opinions and data to digest. However you decide to choose, enjoy the process....

Bill