ibike sports ibike pro power meter update

dkingnu

Sep 16, 2003
Hi Guys,
For those of you interested in that new power meter, I had emailed them about the update a couple weeks ago and received this today:
I apologize deeply for the delay in answering your email.

We are sending the email below to everyone today but I thought I would provide it to you personally. Here it is:

To our customers:

When we introduced the iBike Pro® power meter we said it would deliver outstanding performance, simplicity, and features at an affordable price.

All production components of iBike Pro are completely manufactured and ready to ship. We have been riding with production units daily and in our rides we are seeing solid performance from the iBike Pro. Unfortunately, exhaustive testing last week revealed unexpected software bugs that need to be fixed. While fixing the bugs means another delay in shipping, we felt we owed it to you - and to ourselves - to keep our pledge that we will only ship an outstanding product. Due to the nature of software development, we are not sure what the timing for working out these bugs will be but we are working as quickly as we can to fix them.

We know that some companies feel that it is perfectly acceptable to ship products with bugs and fix them later; however, we feel you deserve to receive what you expected - and what we promised - even if it means waiting a little longer.

We know you are deeply disappointed and that we jumped the gun by saying the units would be ready to ship last week, but we hope that you will continue to extend us the patience and courtesy you've shown.

Please know that we are doing everything we possible can to overcome these unexpected bugs as quickly as possible.

Glen Cunningham and John Hamann

As you can see we have been working full-tilt to find and fix bugs. We're making progress but we're not done yet.

Thank you for your patience.

I am interested in seeing 3rd party reviews after this finally comes out!