IBS and exessive sweating

Seb

Guest
Hi,

I have had excessive sweating for a few years now (it started suddenly when I was 21), and my doctor
gave me last year two medicines:

* Athenolol (beta blocker)
* Pro-banthine (spasms)

The treatment does work to some extents (reducing sweating), but I think it does not actually treat
the cause but rather the consequences of something else.

I am wondering if I am not actually suffering from IBS, as I have the following symptoms:

* stomach is often like a "washing machine", in particular after drinking tea or coffee
* bloated very often
* I can't stand alcohol. I usually vomit a few minutes after drinking alcohol, even in low dosage

Is someone having the same symptoms?

Thanks, Seb

Hi Seb,

It doesn't scream IBS to me. I have spasms and excessive sweating, but I am overweight. Are you
overweight?

Also, I eventually found out that I had a muscular dystrophy. I don't even think the dx of IBS is
correct for me, but will have to wait till I see the gastro to know more certainly.

It seems to me like you may have something else going on.

I would go to WebMd and put in your symptoms or put your symptoms in google.com search box in quotes
and see what comes up.

God bless, KJ

Seb wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have had excessive sweating for a few years now (it started suddenly when I was 21), and my
> doctor gave me last year two medicines:
>
> * Athenolol (beta blocker)
> * Pro-banthine (spasms)
>
> The treatment does work to some extents (reducing sweating), but I think it does not actually
> treat the cause but rather the consequences of something else.
>
> I am wondering if I am not actually suffering from IBS, as I have the following symptoms:
>
> * stomach is often like a "washing machine", in particular after drinking tea or coffee
> * bloated very often
> * I can't stand alcohol. I usually vomit a few minutes after drinking alcohol, even in low dosage
>
> Is someone having the same symptoms?

No, with the exception of occasional bloating.. With IBS there would be some kind of alteration in
bowel function. You know, things like either constipation or diarrhea, change in frequency, abnormal
urgency, and so on. For many people with IBS, there is relief upon defecation. I've heard of people
with GERD or ulcers having similar symptoms you mentioned though.

Barb