Ibuprofen before forum visits? Anyone?

Felt_Rider said:
Really?
What about time, persistence, dedication, sacrifice?
Those are the best kind of investments. I bet you have made some of those.
Absolutely, but those are just for me (ie, my health, my enjoyment, my satisfaction).... not so I can beat the other guys. Inflection in that sentence should have been on faster than someone else.

Thanks for keeping me honest, though. :)

Frenchy,

Ironically me and you are on the same page when it comes to this issue so unfortunately this will not turn into an SOT or Tony type thread. I also think most people if they understood what these supps and drugs do are not as magical as they make them. I see them no different than paying for a 5,000 bike. It makes you think how they can compare stats anyway when technology changes so fast on a biological and mechanical levels so fast. I mean how could you compare the bikes of 50 years ago with the bikes of today. It reminds me of Phelps and comparing his feats to past record holders. The issue of the new swim suit which was adding more speed than ever before. Is that fair? Not even sure if it played an issue at all actually. Does it take away from Phelps and his achievements anyway, to me, no but hard to compare the results to past record holders if it did play into his medals.

In the end as long as the information is available to everyone that it should not be an issue. You have a choice to use it or not. I see all the stuff they have done clean cycling as silly. They all took it. They all knew each other were doing it so what is the big deal! Take away their fancy bikes and put them all on the exact same bike to make it fair. Just as silly as a congressional session on steroids in baseball...oh and by the way there are no steroids in football or any other sport....;)

How can you expect a person who makes his living at a sport not to try and use it. On the club level if I see all the guys popping either oxydrene, optygen, race day boost, no-epo and all the other widely available **** they can find. If you choose not to that is your choice but you should know it exists and widely available so your choice but I do not see it as cheating.

-js

frenchyge said:
The same could really be said for $5000 bikes, but no one's going to go for that because the bike stores want to sell bikes (although.... if it were generally thought that those bikes provided no advantage then I guess my rule is still safe :cool: ). If EPO, or whatever, is a health-risk to athletes then it's banned because I don't want to expose athletes across the board to the risk, just like aero bars in mass-start events.

I just don't see "performance enhancements" as an issue of right vs. wrong. Cheating definitely is, but again that's about enforcing rules for fairness of competition across the board, not deciding what those rules should be. For grand juries to be convened to ask baseball players what pills they take -- c'mon, they're baseball players, who gives a ****? Is Roger Marris' homerun record really that important that Congressional oversight committees are needed to protect it?

That's it, I'm putting myself on my own ignore list after this rant. I'm obviously talking over my head, so.... no more! :D

Excuse the pun but a bit of a sensitive issue for me...I have gone though quite a few tubes of butt-r!

-js

Pendejo said:
How the hell can hemorrhoids make you faster on a bike? I would think they would slow you down.

Pendejo said:
How the hell can hemorrhoids make you faster on a bike? I would think they would slow you down.
Dude, no.

Steroids.

Now lets not dwell on jsirabella's greased up pants and continue on with this thread before it turns into a "Bring out the gimp before forum visits?" thread.