ice ice baby

| Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > Kleins are great.....if you live in South California.
| > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/bikes/kleinBB_ice.jpg
| >
| > Still think that internal downtube routed cables passing under the bottom bracket are a
| > good idea?
|
| It's yer own fault for not riding an SS.
|

| Shaun aRe - beat 'im too it!

ROTFLMNPEAO (non pasty english)

Simon :eek:)

Simon <[email protected]> wrote in message

> | Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | news:[email protected]...
> | > Kleins are great.....if you live in South California.
> | > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/bikes/kleinBB_ice.jpg
> | >
> | > Still think that internal downtube routed cables passing under the bottom bracket are a good
> | > idea?
> |
> | It's yer own fault for not riding an SS.
> |

> | Shaun aRe - beat 'im too it!
> |
> ROTFLMNPEAO (non pasty english)

Yeay! - Non-pasty Englishfolk unite and fight the patronising stereotyping of the unworthy fat and
loud US eejits! Down with racism! Down with Xenophobia! Down with stupid foreigners!

Shaun aRe

Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> Kleins are great.....if you live in South California.
> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/bikes/kleinBB_ice.jpg
>
> Still think that internal downtube routed cables passing under the bottom bracket are a good idea?

Back in the late 80's, when I was going to the U of Northern Colorado, I rode my Jamis Dakota
everywhere, everyday. That bike had everything routed under the BB. Both shift cables would freeze
up in the same way as the picture of the Klein shows. But that bike also had the classic
chainstay-mounted U-brake.

Imagine my surprise when I approached a snowy intersection with the stoplight red and found that my
back brake was totally seized up? Luckily, the bike had those enormous brake levers with the little
knobs on the end like a motorcycle. I could really reef down on the lever and pop the cable loose.
Once it was loose, the sheath of ice would keep it from seizing again. Usually.

Between those years at UNC and another three in grad school in Ft Collins, I fell after hitting ice
so many times, my elbows just stayed purple all the time. When I was getting X-rays for the shoulder
dislocation and elbow laceration I'm currently healing from, the ortho pointed out a flat spot on
the bone just south of the elbow joint.

Doc: "Looks like the bone might have been dented there at some point in the past, probably not
related to this accident. Any idea when that might have happened?"
Me: "Yeah. Any of about 50 bike wrecks."

--
Tom "I've fallen, and I can't get up" Purvis Salida, CO

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:55:21 +0000 (UTC), Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

>Kleins are great.....if you live in South California.
>http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/bikes/kleinBB_ice.jpg
>
>Still think that internal downtube routed cables passing under the bottom bracket are a good idea?
No, but SS is.

:-]

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:55:21 +0000 (UTC), Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Kleins are great.....if you live in South California.
> >http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/bikes/kleinBB_ice.jpg
> >
> >Still think that internal downtube routed cables passing under the bottom bracket are a
> >good idea?

> No, but SS is.

"It's yer own fault for not riding an SS.

Shaun aRe - beat 'im too it!"

I tried to save you the trouble with that Wheeler, and this is the thanks I get?!?

Shaun aRe - Harrumph!

>> No, but SS is.
>
>"It's yer own fault for not riding an SS.
>

> Shaun aRe - beat 'im too it!"
>
>I tried to save you the trouble with that Wheeler, and this is the thanks I get?!?
>
>Shaun aRe - Harrumph!

D'oh! The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
:-]

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >> No, but SS is.
> >
> >"It's yer own fault for not riding an SS.
> >

> > Shaun aRe - beat 'im too it!"
> >
> >I tried to save you the trouble with that Wheeler, and this is the thanks
> >get?!?
> >
> >Shaun aRe - Harrumph!
> >
> D'oh!

So, they ordained you yet, or are you still 'lay'? ',;~}

Shaun aRe

>So, they ordained you yet, or are you still 'lay'? ',;~}
>

>Shaun aRe

???What??? The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
:-]

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >So, they ordained you yet, or are you still 'lay'? ',;~}
> >

> >Shaun aRe
>
> ???What???

'Preacher' ',;~}

"The lord hath called upon me to stand at every street corner, there to espouse to the iggerunt and
unhosed masses the virtuousness of riding ONE ****ING SPEED" etsuckingfetera.

The Right Irreverend Shaun aRe.

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:03:32 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> >So, they ordained you yet, or are you still 'lay'? ',;~}
>> >

>> >Shaun aRe
>>
>> ???What???
>
>'Preacher' ',;~}
>
>"The lord hath called upon me to stand at every street corner, there to espouse to the iggerunt and
>unhosed masses the virtuousness of riding ONE ****ING SPEED" etsuckingfetera.
>
>The Right Irreverend Shaun aRe.

Consider me orfusckingdained!

Son Of A Preacher Man.....Dusty Springfield...I do believe.

Peace,

Bill(Go forth and be fruitful on an SS)Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
the world.
:-]

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:03:32 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...

> >> ???What???
> >
> >'Preacher' ',;~}
> >
> >"The lord hath called upon me to stand at every street corner, there to espouse to the iggerunt
> >and unhosed masses the virtuousness of riding ONE ****ING SPEED" etsuckingfetera.
> >
> >The Right Irreverend Shaun aRe.
>
> Consider me orfusckingdained!

'K! Heheheheh - My SS (icebike) is currently killing me - being quite light, and some of the hills
around here being steep, I have to really tug on the bars to crank the pedals. This seems to be
impacting my lumber region , which has been tight and fecking sore for weeks now. *******. I might
have to go 32/18 instead of 32/16. I didn't wanna do that........

> Son Of A Preacher Man.....Dusty Springfield...I do believe.
>
> Peace,

Only one who could ever reach me.....

Shaun aRe

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:14:19 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>'K! Heheheheh - My SS (icebike) is currently killing me - being quite light, and some of the hills
>around here being steep, I have to really tug on the bars to crank the pedals. This seems to be
>impacting my lumber region , which has been tight and fecking sore for weeks now. *******. I might
>have to go 32/18 instead of 32/16. I didn't wanna do that........

Go to a 32/18 until your back gets better. I running that ratio now for the winter mud and ice and
all that(no physical problems) I'll go back to the 32/16 in the summer.

>> Son Of A Preacher Man.....Dusty Springfield...I do believe.
>>
>> Peace,
>
>Only one who could ever reach me.....
>
>Shaun aRe

Peace, Bill

:-]

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:14:19 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >'K! Heheheheh - My SS (icebike) is currently killing me - being quite
light,
> >and some of the hills around here being steep, I have to really tug on
the
> >bars to crank the pedals. This seems to be impacting my lumber region , which has been tight and
> >fecking sore for weeks now. *******. I might
have
> >to go 32/18 instead of 32/16. I didn't wanna do that........
>
> Go to a 32/18 until your back gets better. I running that ratio now for the winter mud and ice and
> all that(no physical problems) I'll go back to the 32/16 in the summer.

Yeah - I'm gonna have to - I'm _very_ sore today, and by tomorrow, I'll be crippled. Might just have
to put the ice tyres on the geary if it doesn't thaw soon.

Shaun aRe - Never had back trouble before really.

news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:14:19 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >'K! Heheheheh - My SS (icebike) is currently killing me - being quite
light,
> >and some of the hills around here being steep, I have to really tug on
the
> >bars to crank the pedals. This seems to be impacting my lumber region , which has been tight and
> >fecking sore for weeks now. *******. I might
have
> >to go 32/18 instead of 32/16. I didn't wanna do that........
>
> Go to a 32/18 until your back gets better. I running that ratio now for the winter mud and ice and
> all that(no physical problems) I'll go back to the 32/16 in the summer.
<snip>

> Peace, Bill

So, let me get this right? You change the gearing on a single speed (on a seasonal basis for
sure...)... but you change gears all the same, don't you?

AH HA! BUSTED!

Westie

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> > On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:14:19 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > >'K! Heheheheh - My SS (icebike) is currently killing me - being quite
> light,
> > >and some of the hills around here being steep, I have to really tug on
> the
> > >bars to crank the pedals. This seems to be impacting my lumber region , which has been tight
> > >and fecking sore for weeks now. *******. I might
> have
> > >to go 32/18 instead of 32/16. I didn't wanna do that........
> >
> > Go to a 32/18 until your back gets better. I running that ratio now for the winter mud and ice
> > and all that(no physical problems) I'll go back to the 32/16 in the summer.
> <snip>
> > >

> > Peace, Bill
>
> So, let me get this right? You change the gearing on a single speed (on a seasonal basis for
> sure...)... but you change gears all the same, don't you?
>
> AH HA! BUSTED!
>
> Westie

Excellent point.

ROTFLMFAO!