'Ice'otronic Drinks

Jack Ouzzi

Guest
Lovely day last Sunday, got the fixie out from the shed and went for a
nice spin. About 10 miles in I went for a sip of my drinks bottle
(mostly a Fruit Juice with 50% water) '*********** that's cold' were
my thoughts, anyway it was around 4 deg Centi air temp so it was bound
to be cold. 15 miles in I thought 'Did I make a drinks bottle up this
morning' .......Aaahh Ooh no!! My 'drink' was a 'leftover' 12 days old
(road bike previous few days) ...a quick taster again revealed all was
OK, a bit cold but fine ..... don't be a ****, it will be OK.

Been on the toilet ever since :-|

Sploooooosh

Jack Ouzzi wrote:
> Lovely day last Sunday, got the fixie out from the shed and went for a
> nice spin. About 10 miles in I went for a sip of my drinks bottle
> (mostly a Fruit Juice with 50% water) '*********** that's cold' were
> my thoughts, anyway it was around 4 deg Centi air temp so it was bound
> to be cold. 15 miles in I thought 'Did I make a drinks bottle up this
> morning' .......Aaahh Ooh no!! My 'drink' was a 'leftover' 12 days old
> (road bike previous few days) ...a quick taster again revealed all was
> OK, a bit cold but fine ..... don't be a ****, it will be OK.
>
> Been on the toilet ever since :-|
>
> Sploooooosh

Ewww :) Even if that drinks bottle had been kept at below 4C for the
entire duration, fruit juice is an excellent ick-breeding medium... Most
fruit juice recommends drinking within 3-5 days of opening...

Still, better to get it out the systems faster rather than slower! Hope
you feel better soon...

--

Velvet

Jack Ouzzi <[email protected]> said:

> Lovely day last Sunday, got the fixie out from the shed and went for a
> nice spin. About 10 miles in I went for a sip of my drinks bottle
> (mostly a Fruit Juice with 50% water) '*********** that's cold' were
> my thoughts, anyway it was around 4 deg Centi air temp so it was bound
> to be cold. 15 miles in I thought 'Did I make a drinks bottle up this
> morning' .......Aaahh Ooh no!! My 'drink' was a 'leftover' 12 days old
> (road bike previous few days) ...a quick taster again revealed all was
> OK, a bit cold but fine ..... don't be a ****, it will be OK.

The drinks bottle I use has a slight misfeature: it taints anything you put
in it with an unpleasant plasticky taste. However, you certainly notice
"leftovers" should you forget to rinse and refill the bottle before each
ride.

*blech*

Regards,

-david