Ick!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Mar 12, 2003.

  1. My rearwheel weighs 2.3 kg with tire and everything. ¤#¤#¤&&#&!!!! I hope Kamil starts making
    carbonwheels soon.

    M.

    Tags:

  2. Use helium. Or air free tires, then you can drill them weight-saving holes in the rim.

    > My rearwheel weighs 2.3 kg with tire and everything. ¤#¤#¤&&#&!!!! I hope Kamil starts making
    > carbonwheels soon.
    >
    > M.

  3. "Torben Scheel" skrev...
    > Use helium. Or air free tires, then you can drill them weight-saving holes in the rim.

    Or I should just stop weighing stuff.

    Did you know that with a 52/34 gearcombination you have to use a cadence of 150 to go 26 kph? I
    found that out after my gearcable broke.

    M.

  4. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > My rearwheel weighs 2.3 kg with tire and everything. ¤#¤#¤&&#&!!!! I hope Kamil starts making
    > carbonwheels soon.
    >
    > M.

    Mikael, I weighed my 26"(559) rear wheel a few weeks ago, complete with tire and tube, cassette,
    disc brake rotor, and a pair of carbon fiber wheel discs and it was slightly over 1800 grams, and I
    thought that was too heavy.....now I`m not so sure....

    Don

  5. "Don Smith" skrev

    > I weighed my 26"(559) rear wheel a few weeks ago, complete with tire and tube, cassette, disc
    > brake rotor, and a pair of carbon fiber wheel discs and it was slightly over 1800 grams, and I
    > thought that was too heavy.....now I`m not so sure....

    Thanks... that really cheered me up. ;-) Might be the scale.

    105 9-speed rearhub, Deore 12-32 cassette, Black Vuelta Airline1 559 rim, Vredestein S-Licks tire
    and a tube and 36 spokes.

    Looks pretty neat tho.

    Mikael

  6. "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Torben Scheel" skrev...
    > > Use helium. Or air free tires, then you can drill them weight-saving
    holes
    > > in the rim.
    >
    > Or I should just stop weighing stuff.

    "If it ain't a plane, weight ain't important" (I keep telling myself ;-) (come on
    spell-/grammarcheckers)

    > Did you know that with a 52/34 gearcombination you have to use a cadence of 150 to go 26 kph? I
    > found that out after my gearcable broke.

    Hah! You did'nt have a screwdriver to adjust the low stop with you?

    BTW - I'm going to paint my bike this weekend. With a little luck, I'll be back om the streets in a
    week. And hopefully the salt will be gone by then. I MISS RIDING :-(