Ick!

Mikael Seierup

Guest
My rearwheel weighs 2.3 kg with tire and everything. ¤#¤#¤&&#&!!!! I hope Kamil starts making
carbonwheels soon.

M.

Use helium. Or air free tires, then you can drill them weight-saving holes in the rim.

> My rearwheel weighs 2.3 kg with tire and everything. ¤#¤#¤&&#&!!!! I hope Kamil starts making
> carbonwheels soon.
>
> M.

"Torben Scheel" skrev...
> Use helium. Or air free tires, then you can drill them weight-saving holes in the rim.

Or I should just stop weighing stuff.

Did you know that with a 52/34 gearcombination you have to use a cadence of 150 to go 26 kph? I
found that out after my gearcable broke.

M.

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote:
> My rearwheel weighs 2.3 kg with tire and everything. ¤#¤#¤&&#&!!!! I hope Kamil starts making
> carbonwheels soon.
>
> M.

Mikael, I weighed my 26"(559) rear wheel a few weeks ago, complete with tire and tube, cassette,
disc brake rotor, and a pair of carbon fiber wheel discs and it was slightly over 1800 grams, and I
thought that was too heavy.....now I`m not so sure....

Don

"Don Smith" skrev

> I weighed my 26"(559) rear wheel a few weeks ago, complete with tire and tube, cassette, disc
> brake rotor, and a pair of carbon fiber wheel discs and it was slightly over 1800 grams, and I
> thought that was too heavy.....now I`m not so sure....

Thanks... that really cheered me up. ;-) Might be the scale.

105 9-speed rearhub, Deore 12-32 cassette, Black Vuelta Airline1 559 rim, Vredestein S-Licks tire
and a tube and 36 spokes.

Looks pretty neat tho.

Mikael

> "Torben Scheel" skrev...
> > Use helium. Or air free tires, then you can drill them weight-saving
holes
> > in the rim.
>
> Or I should just stop weighing stuff.

"If it ain't a plane, weight ain't important" (I keep telling myself ;-) (come on
spell-/grammarcheckers)

> Did you know that with a 52/34 gearcombination you have to use a cadence of 150 to go 26 kph? I
> found that out after my gearcable broke.

Hah! You did'nt have a screwdriver to adjust the low stop with you?

BTW - I'm going to paint my bike this weekend. With a little luck, I'll be back om the streets in a
week. And hopefully the salt will be gone by then. I MISS RIDING :-(