ICYCLES shipping

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Sep 8, 2005.

  1. I just made an order of small parts and a floor pump from ICYCLES.com
    The shipping on orders in excess of $150 was to be free. They charged
    me $19+ for oversized shipping because of the pump, effectively
    doubling the price of the pump. Anyone else have similar experiences?

    Tags:

  2. Good luck to you. I places two orders from them many years ago.
    Every item i got was somehow flawed. My items were like manufacture
    rejects. I'm a slow learner.

  3. JeffWills

    JeffWills Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Good luck to you. I places two orders from them many years ago.
    > Every item i got was somehow flawed. My items were like manufacture
    > rejects. I'm a slow learner.

    Huh. I ordered a couple sets of custom-cut spokes and nipples from them
    recently. When they arrived, the package had been damaged and the
    nipples were missing. When I told them this, they sent out replacement
    nipples with no arguements and at no charge. And the wheels I built
    with those spokes are perfect.

    Jeff

  4. lewdvig

    lewdvig Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Good luck to you. I places two orders from them many years ago.
    > Every item i got was somehow flawed. My items were like manufacture
    > rejects. I'm a slow learner.

    They sell closeouts and seconds, that is no secret.

    I bought a carbon fork from them and got exactly what I paid for.

  5. On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:57:04 GMT, lewdvig <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >> Good luck to you. I places two orders from them many years ago.
    >> Every item i got was somehow flawed. My items were like manufacture
    >> rejects. I'm a slow learner.
    >>

    >They sell closeouts and seconds, that is no secret.
    >
    >I bought a carbon fork from them and got exactly what I paid for.

    I'd read bad stuff about them but ordered anyway. Got perfectly fine
    service. Some of the stuff I ordered was worse than I'd hoped -- some
    waterbottles that really sucked. But they were super cheap, so it
    makes sense.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  6. [email protected] wrote:
    > I just made an order of small parts and a floor pump from ICYCLES.com
    > The shipping on orders in excess of $150 was to be free. They charged
    > me $19+ for oversized shipping because of the pump, effectively
    > doubling the price of the pump. Anyone else have similar experiences?

    Scammed.

    I ship 30 pound servers in large boxes, insured to no less than $1500
    across the country for $20 with fedex ground. I'm guessing your pump is
    smaller, weighs less and wasn't insured, and went with an inferior
    carrier.

    If you were not warned before ordering about hidden shipping charges,
    harss the merchant for a credit.IF they don't just do a chargeback with
    your credit card bank for the entire shipping amount. You'll win.

  7. JeffWills

    JeffWills Guest

    Cydrome Leader wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > I just made an order of small parts and a floor pump from ICYCLES.com
    > > The shipping on orders in excess of $150 was to be free. They charged
    > > me $19+ for oversized shipping because of the pump, effectively
    > > doubling the price of the pump. Anyone else have similar experiences?

    > Scammed.
    >
    > I ship 30 pound servers in large boxes, insured to no less than $1500
    > across the country for $20 with fedex ground. I'm guessing your pump is
    > smaller, weighs less and wasn't insured, and went with an inferior
    > carrier.
    >
    > If you were not warned before ordering about hidden shipping charges,
    > harss the merchant for a credit.IF they don't just do a chargeback with
    > your credit card bank for the entire shipping amount. You'll win.

    Hmmm... Icycles ships USPS, and a floor pump would almost certainly put
    the package into the "oversize" category by USPS standards.

    The Icycles website does say:
    "FREE Shipping
    over $100 within the Continental USA
    Excludes Over-Sized Items And Auctions"

    Griffin- Did the shipping charge not appear on the invoice when you
    made the original purchase? If so, you might have a case.

    Jeff

  8. JeffWills wrote:

    > Hmmm... Icycles ships USPS, and a floor pump would almost certainly put
    > the package into the "oversize" category by USPS standards.
    >
    > The Icycles website does say:
    > "FREE Shipping
    > over $100 within the Continental USA
    > Excludes Over-Sized Items And Auctions"
    >
    > Griffin- Did the shipping charge not appear on the invoice when you
    > made the original purchase? If so, you might have a case.
    >
    > Jeff

    A floor pump does not make a package 'oversized' by any standard.
    Bicycles can 'sometimes' be oversized, a floor pump, never, unless they
    packed it in a bike box. Many MO places make $ on shipping, no secret.
    Charge more than it costs.